Author Topic: Hello  (Read 681 times)

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
Hello
« on: May 31, 2016, 07:05:21 PM »
I'm a fan since 1983.  So fun to join a forum of informed fans of my favorite band ever!

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 05:40:52 AM »
Welcome to the forum, summernight.

• Child of Grace
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 11:29:51 AM »
Thanks, Riffraff.  How did you like the SOI album?  I thought it was pretty good, but definitely not in my tops list.  I especially enjoyed "Miracle", "The Troubles", and "Volcano".

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 11:46:26 AM »
I loved SOI, but I even love the worst of U2's music...I'm just a silly old girl. The Troubles is probably my favorite on this album...both versions are so intense. There are a lot of great lyric on this album.
You'll enjoy this forum...you'll read many, many different points of view on U2 music, and various other subjects. It's pretty funny and quite entertaining sometimes.

• Child of Grace
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 11:51:26 AM »
Yes, I'm enjoying it.  It's weird to see all the people who think they've done nothing great since "Achtung" though.  I pretty much love most of their stuff--different albums for different moods, I guess. 

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 12:03:30 PM »
Exactly...there will be times when I don't touch a certain album, then I'll play it two or three times in a row. I workout to U2 music  daily...dvd and/or cd. I've tried other music for my exercise, but nothing else works.
AB was the best album ever, but that doesn't mean that all the others since then aren't any good, right? I think JT was the 2nd best album. It's too bad you missed all the voting lately...it was fun.

• Child of Grace
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 07:32:58 PM »
I actually really enjoyed NLOTH!  Probably not in the majority there.  I also adore "October" since it was my first introduction to U2.  So I'm a fan of their least critically and popularly acclaimed albums, I guess.  But I also love "Achtung" and JT as well!