Author Topic: Hello from London (22 Year Old Fan)  (Read 766 times)

Online georgemccauley

• Party Girl/Boy
Hello from London (22 Year Old Fan)
« on: June 09, 2016, 06:56:07 AM »
Hello All,

I've finally decided to come out of the wilderness and sign up to this forum and connect with you all. I'm 22 years of age from the UK and probably in the younger category of U2 fans, I have always loved their records but it's only recently where my love for the band has gone up somewhat. Always loving thier melodic ballads such as With Or Without You and their rockier numbers such as Vertigo and Until the End of The World.

I class Breathe as one of my favourite U2 songs but there is so many. I mainly put my increasing love for the band down to their addictive songs and their catalogue of hit after hit, not to mention their live performances. I have never seen such a great chemistry between band members than I have watching U2.

I am mainly into dance music, Trance / House but I love my rock and U2 and The Cult are my two favourite bands. I have purchased the Innocence + Experience concert in Paris and of course Songs of Innocence and was very impressed with it. I believe that album stands up among the best from the boys.

As I wait for their next tour, my goal is to see U2 live for the first time (Hopefully at Wembley) or someplace else in and around London, my love for the greatest band of all time is ever growing

:) :) ;D

Offline MadRob360

• Refugee
  • Jealousy Is A Disease
Re: Hello from London (22 Year Old Fan)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 10:32:26 AM »
WAY late replying to this but welcome! i (just) about count myself in the younger fans at 29 (also in the UK too!) haha! watching a concert dvd is great but when you do see them live for the first time there's nothing like it! i did the gigs at the O2 last year and both nights at Glasgow (you'll find they're addictive!) hopefully we'll have a new album pretty soon to enjoy and then they'll be back on the road! :)

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 01:48:53 PM »
Welcome to the younger fans!  I still remember my first (real) U2 concert--Pontiac, April 30, 1986.  I had already seen them at Conspiracy of Hope but this was my first all-U2 concert.  From the opening chords of "Streets", it was amazing.  I'd never experienced anything like it in my life and will always take any opportunity to see them play live. 

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 03:02:47 PM »
Hello from Holland. Hope you will see the band, they are so amazing!
I love London bye the way, been there a few times.