Author Topic: Why doesnt The Larry Mullens Jnr sign anything  (Read 5983 times)

Offline The Bonzo

• Stateless
Why doesnt The Larry Mullens Jnr sign anything
« on: June 20, 2016, 11:05:05 AM »
Was watching a couple of videos on youtube where U2 meet and greet fans, I noticed Larry always refuses to sign anything whereas other band members are happy to do so.

Why is this?

Its because The Larry Mullens Jnr doesn't like fans to sell the items for a profit?

Online riffraff

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Hold on to love, love won't let you go...
Re: Why doesnt The Larry Mullens Jnr sign anything
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 11:13:42 AM »
maybe his arms are tired...

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 12:14:58 PM »
He signs stuff. He's just selective and prefers to be quick about meeting fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waffles

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 12:46:29 PM »
There's a video of Adam being asked to sing a guitar, and he says "sorry I don't sign guitars" lol

Offline Belisama

• Global Moderator
  • Original of the Species
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 02:38:08 PM »
I saw Larry sign something for someone in Boston.  He should be more selective. 

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 04:55:53 PM »
Maybe because people call him The Larry Mullens Jnr. ::)

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 05:13:30 PM »
Maybe his hands aren't free.

Offline The Bonzo

• Stateless
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 05:59:15 AM »
The Larry Mullens Jnr should always remember the fans have made him a multi-millionaire.  He should give them the time if they have waited for him to come out.

Offline emuhunter

• Refugee
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 08:40:05 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The Larry Mullens Jnr should always remember the fans have made him a multi-millionaire.  He should give them the time if they have waited for him to come out.

That seems like a somewhat unrealistic expectation to me. Someone like Larry (or any other individual with a following) has the right to decide how much they want to interact with others, and consequently the fans of that individual have the right to decide whether or not to keep supporting that quality of life.

In other words, Larry can do whatever he wants (sign or not sign things) and you can do whatever you want (keep on buying things the band sells or not).

Offline The Bonzo

• Stateless
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2016, 09:02:07 AM »
a fan is only asking for an autograph sometimes I feel The Larry is somewhat arrogant

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2016, 09:20:12 AM »

That seems like a somewhat unrealistic expectation to me. Someone like Larry (or any other individual with a following) has the right to decide how much they want to interact with others, and consequently the fans of that individual have the right to decide whether or not to keep supporting that quality of life.

In other words, Larry can do whatever he wants (sign or not sign things) and you can do whatever you want (keep on buying things the band sells or not).

I've seen Larry occasionally sign when he's meeting fans. I think he just prefers to shake hands and say hi.

Last year in Denver he signed some stuff but mostly said hello to people. Edge didn't sign anything, just shook hands and said hello.

Offline bonofaninaustin

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Time leaves us polished stones
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2016, 01:02:47 AM »
I have read that Larry doesn't like to sign things the other boys have signed because he thinks they are just wanting to sell it. Doesn't want to give anyone all 4 signatures.

Offline The Bonzo

• Stateless
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2016, 03:22:41 AM »
how can The Larry Mullens Jnr stereo-type his fans like this? what arrogance.

Not all U2 fans are as greedy as the whole band are.  Lets all remember how the band put their signatures to not 1 iPod but two iPods for a profit.

Each to their own I guess.

Offline JHook

• Numb
  • Your voice was all I heard.
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2016, 12:44:17 PM »

I've seen Larry occasionally sign when he's meeting fans. I think he just prefers to shake hands and say hi.

Last year in Denver he signed some stuff but mostly said hello to people. Edge didn't sign anything, just shook hands and said hello.

I actually shook hands with Edge last summer, and I think it was much nicer than an autograph.

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2016, 04:11:35 PM »
If getting an autograph is that important to you, and you really can't understand why someone does not want to keep doing that, I think you've got other issues.  Or unless you're 12 years old - then I think you get a pass.