Author Topic: Artists you used to hate and now love or respect?  (Read 575 times)

Offline ecadad

• Staring at the Sun
  • 🐍
Artists you used to hate and now love or respect?
« on: July 03, 2016, 12:54:04 PM »
What are some artists you used to dislike that you've changed your feelings about? And why...

Offline UltravioletFry

• Babyface
  • Dagen idag er min dag!
Re: Artists you used to hate and now love or respect?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 11:12:38 AM »
This is a easy one, RAMMSTEIN

They wasn't my kind of music but then one day I heard Sonne in the television and bam.. I felt in love with them! BIG TIME

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 02:53:18 PM »
I used to dislike "Alice in Chains" but grew to appreciate some of their stuff, in particular Layne's vocals.

Offline Vox

• Running to Stand Still
  • Time is irrelevant, it's not linear.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 02:16:58 PM »
I thought Stone Temple Pilots were the watered down ripoffs of everything else on the radio back when they came out.  But when Tiny Songs from the Vatican Gift Shop came out I respected them as their own thing.

And although I’m embarrassed to say it, when the Beastie Boys came out, I thought they were a novelty act.  Thank God I was wrong because… well… they’re the Beastie Boys and they’re golden, Pony Boy!  What an incredible, one-of-a-kind career they had.

And this probably doesn’t qualify, and I hate to say it but I feel I’ve never really “gotten” R.E.M. as deeply as I feel as I should.  I mean, I physically own 4-5 of their albums on CD and have bought over a dozen of their individual songs on itunes…  Tons of respect, and all.  I guess that I’d say I’m a fan.  It just seems they should be a top 10 percent band for me, but they’re not.  That being said, “What’s the Frequency, Kenneth” is a top 20 song for me.     

Offline welshguy77

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 05:19:44 PM »
Bob Dylan.  My Dad was a big fan, the harmonica playing and his voice used to aggravate me.  That was when i was a kid and teenager.  Quite like a lot of his stuff now - Blood on the tracks especially - and I certainly respect him.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NYC 3, Belfast 1,2
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 08:03:16 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Bob Dylan.  My Dad was a big fan, the harmonica playing and his voice used to aggravate me.  That was when i was a kid and teenager.  Quite like a lot of his stuff now - Blood on the tracks especially - and I certainly respect him.

I love TOOM.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 08:19:51 AM »
I hated The Cure until I saw them live. I'll never be a fan (although I do love Disintegration), but they get maximum respect from me.

I hated Slayer until I saw them live. I'll never be a huge fan (although I do love both Reign In Blood and South Of Heaven), but they get maximum respect from me.