Author Topic: Greetings from Connecticut  (Read 749 times)

Offline Astral

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Greetings from Connecticut
« on: July 04, 2016, 04:29:54 AM »
 Hi I've been a long time fan since the early 80s.  I'm not sure if anyone remembers but I'm the guy at the Madison Square Garden show who got his phone taken away by Bono, then tossed it back to me.  I had no idea why. I was taking pictures like everybody else. Then he Let me let me know.  He yelled I'll put your effing phone away, you're the rock concert enjoy the moment. I felt a little bit taken back by having my rock idol Yell at me like a three-year-old. LOL

Thanks everyone for  taking the time to read this.

Christopher, from Milford Connecticut (originally Chicago)

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
Re: Greetings from Connecticut
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 06:58:59 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
First time i saw bono he strut by me and gave the middle finger.
You should feel honored! ha

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 10:56:28 PM »
Why would he do that, Spice?  That's kind of weird.

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 04:43:30 PM »
It was, I heard, a message to his critics who said he would never perform again after his emergency spinal surgery. Music critics had said u2was finished when b man fell off the stage.
But he came back to the 360 tour indeed, looking better than ever and even more muscular from his physical therapy training. Some of those journalists no doubt were right there in my section or just below me with the camera crew.
With his 1 finger salute he said, "Im baaack MOFO's!"

When did he fall off the stage??

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 09:45:33 PM »
That's an interesting story, Spice.  Seems kind of out of character for Bono to be so deliberately confrontational.  Oh well, good for him for making a lively comeback!

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 04:46:37 PM »
It was, I heard, a message to his critics who said he would never perform again after his emergency spinal surgery. Music critics had said u2was finished when b man fell off the stage.
But he came back to the 360 tour indeed, looking better than ever and even more muscular from his physical therapy training. Some of those journalists no doubt were right there in my section or just below me with the camera crew.
With his 1 finger salute he said, "Im baaack MOFO's!"

When did he fall off the stage??

Yes, I remember this well.  But I don't believe it was due to a fall from the stage.  The Edge says he over did it, but makes no mention of a fall.  I believe the story was he was at his daughter's birthday party and couldn't move and was walking with a cane.  He was then rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery.