Author Topic: Nice Attack  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Manos73

• Numb
  • Stop trying to change the world, I like it.
Nice Attack
« on: July 14, 2016, 04:40:50 PM »
I hope Bono wasn't in Nice today.

Offline Manos73

• Numb
  • Stop trying to change the world, I like it.
Re: Nice Attack
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 09:26:31 AM »
Bono was in Nice. He was led out of the restaurant he was at by police with his hands on his head.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 09:39:49 AM »
Yes, freaked out though!

I read his account in the Nice paper on Friday and you tell how freaked out he was about it., as well as everyone else!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 09:56:12 AM »
Yes, freaked out though!

I read his account in the Nice paper on Friday and you tell how freaked out he was about it., as well as everyone else!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What did he say, Jen?

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 11:30:26 AM »
I'm guessing a lot of super fans do not agree with this sentiment as quoted:

However, local  residents have questioned the decision to launch special rescue missions of celebrities who were nearly half a mile away from the Nice attack, saying it was a "ridiculous" use of resources at a time when the city was plunged into chaos.

Paulo Mendes, 46, the manager of a souvenir shop next door to the restaurant, said: "It is ridiculous that Bono was rescued by police."

He told the Telegraph that police were needed half a mile away at the scene of the attack where thousands of people were rushing to safety.

"There was panic everywhere in the town," he said. "I don't care if it's Michael Jackson, Bono or Barack Obama. The police should not help one person just because he is a celebrity. Everyone is equal."

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 11:59:22 AM »
I'm guessing a lot of super fans do not agree with this sentiment as quoted:

However, local  residents have questioned the decision to launch special rescue missions of celebrities who were nearly half a mile away from the Nice attack, saying it was a "ridiculous" use of resources at a time when the city was plunged into chaos.

Paulo Mendes, 46, the manager of a souvenir shop next door to the restaurant, said: "It is ridiculous that Bono was rescued by police."

He told the Telegraph that police were needed half a mile away at the scene of the attack where thousands of people were rushing to safety.

"There was panic everywhere in the town," he said. "I don't care if it's Michael Jackson, Bono or Barack Obama. The police should not help one person just because he is a celebrity. Everyone is equal."

I read the restaurant owner pulled down the shutters/locked the gates anyway...pulled up the drawbridge so to speak so in that respect there wasn't any danger anyway.

What we don't know of course is if the police weren't doing what they did there across all places in the area which would then be fair enough...

Personally i would imagine the resources would be better utilised trying to help the injured/look after those affected directly but i suppose if nobody who needed help didn't go without help then there is no problem...

If they did well that is another story....

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 05:12:32 AM »
You're losing a piece of information, here. Christian Estrosi, former mayor of Nice and now Président de Région (as Governor in the US, roughly) was in there too. I believe Estrosi was required ASAP on site to deal with an awful (mark my words) lot of things. I'm not even sure the police knew Bono was in there when they came to get Estrosi out.

Offline JHook

• Numb
  • Your voice was all I heard.
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 07:34:32 AM »
The fact that no one from the U2 camp has spoken about this leads me to believe that Bono merely complied with the law like anyone else would (I hope!), and doesn't want to make a big freaking deal out of this. He knows he wasn't in any danger, and that's the end of it.