Author Topic: Anyone feel the home page doesn't show enough updates anymore?  (Read 1305 times)

Offline marcovox

• Wanderer
I've been visiting atu2 since 98/99.  I just remember every piece of news was reported on the home page.  Now while I agree there's just too much news to do that, and so dishing some of it off to the blog, Twitter, pod cast, etc., makes the home page cleaner, I still think things that bring us to U2 should still be on home page, which is?  The music.

Anything directly related to music and new music, rumor or otherwise (ie Beach Clips), would be nice if they were there, instead of finding out about it in the forums or on Reddit.  In a sense, I actually check atu2 less now because it's not supplying the primary source: News of new music.

Anyway, just my two cents.  It's not my site, but just throwing it out there in case it does get massive support, then maybe Matt would revert to putting more news on home page.

Thanks for reading my book.

Waffles

Re: Anyone feel the home page doesn't show enough updates anymore?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 02:43:27 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've been visiting atu2 since 98/99.  I just remember every piece of news was reported on the home page.  Now while I agree there's just too much news to do that, and so dishing some of it off to the blog, Twitter, pod cast, etc., makes the home page cleaner, I still think things that bring us to U2 should still be on home page, which is?  The music.

Anything directly related to music and new music, rumor or otherwise (ie Beach Clips), would be nice if they were there, instead of finding out about it in the forums or on Reddit.  In a sense, I actually check atu2 less now because it's not supplying the primary source: News of new music.

Anyway, just my two cents.  It's not my site, but just throwing it out there in case it does get massive support, then maybe Matt would revert to putting more news on home page.

Thanks for reading my book.

Agree 100%. Not that I don't like the discussion things but where's the fun rumors and updates. I also noticed the Twitter shortcut is no longer around.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 03:25:19 PM by Waffles »

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 03:01:01 PM »
too much news?  huh?

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 03:03:41 PM »
Is it because it's not official news?

Online an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 03:30:41 PM »
Maybe the people who contribute to it are just busy with their proper jobs/families etc.

Offline marcovox

• Wanderer
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 04:00:16 PM »
too much news?  huh?

Content might have been a better word.  But yes, too much content.  There's the blog, the main page, the twitter, the pod cast, IRL gatherings, etc. etc.

I'd prefer the main page to be mainly about rumors and official news pertaining to new music.  Mainly.  There can be other news that sneaks in.

Offline marcovox

• Wanderer
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 04:01:57 PM »
Is it because it's not official news?

Well I'm assuming that's why, but, that didn't stop them from 1998 to 2000-and-whatever from posting relentlessly rumors and beach clips.

Offline marcovox

• Wanderer
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 04:13:55 PM »
Maybe the people who contribute to it are just busy with their proper jobs/families etc.

Not that I don't appreciate the work they put it in, and I do,  but that's clearly not what I meant nor did I intend for it to come across that way.

Nonetheless (again, while I understand they have jobs and families), you can't particularly say that since there's Achtoon Baby, the blogs, twitter, organizing fan gatherings, the pod cast, etc.  Just 1 of those things is a significant burden to upkeep, so if 1 was removed it would open up a lot of time for something else.  Again, not my site, they are free to do whatever they wish. 

I simply wish without any other hidden implications, that the site was just more about U2, than, the U2 fandom.  The U2 fandom is great, but the very direct reason we're here is because of U2 MUSIC and U2 LIVE SHOWS.  Pod casts, gatherings, Cartoons... all of that is secondary if not tertiary.

That is it.  Cool?  *thumbs up*

Online an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 04:58:04 PM »

Not that I don't appreciate the work they put it in, and I do,  but that's clearly not what I meant nor did I intend for it to come across that way.

Nonetheless (again, while I understand they have jobs and families), you can't particularly say that since there's Achtoon Baby, the blogs, twitter, organizing fan gatherings, the pod cast, etc.  Just 1 of those things is a significant burden to upkeep, so if 1 was removed it would open up a lot of time for something else.  Again, not my site, they are free to do whatever they wish. 

I simply wish without any other hidden implications, that the site was just more about U2, than, the U2 fandom.  The U2 fandom is great, but the very direct reason we're here is because of U2 MUSIC and U2 LIVE SHOWS.  Pod casts, gatherings, Cartoons... all of that is secondary if not tertiary.

That is it.  Cool?  *thumbs up*

Cool with me.

I would imagine the people who look after the site will see your feedback and take it on board/reply to you.

Constrictive feedback from your 'customers' is always very valuable.

iehomecoming

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2016, 05:07:40 PM »
What rumors/news hae they not reported on ?

I'm not sure we want to see "a friend of a friend of one our forum members claims......" articles.

If there's nothing to report on there's just nothing to report on.

Offline Caiaphas

• Wanderer
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2016, 05:28:55 PM »
There is another u2 website i used to frequent that hasn't had an update on their homepage in over a year.  Not going to mention names,  of course,  but i do also remember when they had the same "song of the week" on their homepage for like 10 years  ;)

Offline GardenTart

• Elevated
  • Little and little they robbed and stole...
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2016, 09:41:58 PM »
@OP: no.

Offline MASTER YODA

• Child of Grace
  • Patriots 2017!!!
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2016, 09:44:25 PM »
I agreed at first but now decided no

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2016, 09:50:21 PM »
No news is no news.  With U2 that is literally most of the time.

Offline The Edges Cat

• Desert Rose
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2016, 06:34:52 PM »
@U2 admin should be replaced by the folks at LiveNation.

::)