Author Topic: #ATU240 Cleveland (Sept. 24-25)  (Read 2465 times)

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
#ATU240 Cleveland (Sept. 24-25)
« on: August 22, 2016, 09:06:13 AM »
I didn't see a thread started for @U2's Rock Hall weekend in Cleveland, so here it is!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

"@U2 is proud to partner with the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame to present #U240Cleveland, a two-day event celebrating U2's 40th anniversary. It'll happen September 24-25 with a variety of events planned both on-site at the Rock Hall, and off-site in downtown Cleveland.

We'll be joined in Cleveland by a very special guest: Irish radio legend Dave Fanning, who gave a young U2 the band's very first radio airplay on RTE Radio 2 in 1979. As the story goes, a different band member visited Fanning in the studio each night over the course of a week. During the week, Fanning played U2's first recorded songs and invited his listeners to vote on which should be the A-side of U2's debut single. They chose "Out Of Control."

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Fanning became a close supporter of U2 and has interviewed the band countless times over the years, including You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login in 1987. The band has  consistently given Fanning the exclusive first airplay of their new, album-launching singles.

In Cleveland, Fanning will take part in live Q&A and additional activities during the weekend. Additional plans for the weekend are listed below, but first here's a quick snapshot of the #U240Cleveland basics.

What: #U240Cleveland, celebrating U2's 40th anniversary as a band
When: Saturday, September 24 and Sunday, September 25, 2016
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. both days (Rock Hall's regular hours)
Where: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Cleveland (location and directions)
Cost: $40 (one price covers both days)

Activities:
All paid ticket holders will have access to the Rock Hall's exhibits, which include a variety of U2 memorabilia and rare artifacts from the band's entire career. There are also a couple special exhibits planned, as detailed below.
The Rock Hall is planning panels/interviews (participants are TBA) discussing the band's career.
@U2 is planning to record one or two live podcasts in front of an audience during the weekend.

The Rock Hall will be screening U2 3D, the band's 2008 3D concert film from the Vertigo tour, and Classic Albums - U2: The Joshua Tree, a documentary about the making of that album featuring interviews with the band and production team.

The Rock Hall is also planning a program on "The Rock and Roll Benefit Concert," spotlighting U2.
Attendees will receive a special commemorative laminate (while supplies last) and they'll have a giant anniversary cake and a card for fans to sign.

Special Exhibits:
We're thrilled to announce two special exhibits that will be on display at the Rock Hall during the event:

1.) Beth Nabi and Chris LeClere will have an exhibit featuring the U2-related tattoos and the fans/fan stories that they've documented for the U2 Tattoo Project. They'll also be documenting new fan tattoos all weekend.

2.) Our very own Kelly Eddington will have an exhibit featuring the fantastic U2 artwork that she's contributed for our Achtoon Baby series over the past 14 years.

Saturday evening: Rattle and Hum screening
In addition to the above, @U2 is hosting a special showing of Rattle And Hum on the big screen! It'll happen at 9:30 pm on Saturday night, Sept. 24 at Tower City Cinemas in downtown Cleveland. Tickets are $10 per person and can be bought in advance online via the theater's website.

Rattle And Hum has rarely been shown in theaters since its release in 1988, so don't miss this unique opportunity to see the film on the big screen in a theater filled with U2 fans!

Thank you to everyone who'll be joining us for #U240Cleveland -- we can't wait to see you!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 01:54:02 PM by Starman »

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
Re: #ATU240 Cleveland (Sept. 24-25)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 09:07:50 AM »
Personally, I'm hoping that I can make it at least for Saturday, if not both days. I'm looking into it.

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 03:19:39 AM »
I wonder if anything special is organised in Europe next month or so. I haven't seen or heard about an anniversary event. Does annybody know? Maybe i missed something?

Offline Belisama

• Global Moderator
  • Original of the Species
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 03:33:59 AM »
I wonder if anything special is organised in Europe next month or so. I haven't seen or heard about an anniversary event. Does annybody know? Maybe i missed something?
There is some stuff in Dublin.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 07:23:22 AM »

See below!

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 10:23:05 AM »
Thanx Belisama and Singnomore, i'm not sure if i can make it though.
Cool there are special events, bye the way.

Offline dublinsmum

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 12:11:02 PM »
I am new here, but I am in the works on planning a trip for this.  I should know by the end of the week. 

*Fingers crossed*

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • Nashville, Montreal 1 & 2
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 11:36:22 AM »
Is anyone going to stream the event from Dublin so the Clevelanders can watch?

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 01:46:18 PM »
I'm trying to work out a day trip for Saturday. Cleveland's not far, but I'm a broke college kid without a car, so I'll have to take a bus.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 09:23:57 AM »
Who is all going to Cleveland?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2016, 02:01:31 PM »
I am planning a day trip for Saturday, but I'm still trying to figure out a few things. Mainly if I'll be able to make the Rattle & Hum screening or not. I really want to, but if I do, I won't get home til 5 am (I'm taking a bus).
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 02:04:17 PM by Starman »

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2016, 10:49:05 PM »
Is anyone else excited to see U2 3D?!?! I haven't seen it since it came out in 2008!

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2016, 12:15:45 AM »
I'm excited for that and to hear Dave Fanning tell stories. And for most other things on the agenda. Gonna be a fun weekend.

(And thx for starting this thread way back when, Starman.)

Offline Davescleveland

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2016, 11:40:34 AM »
Hi all. I am from Cleveland and live and work 10 minutes from the rock hall. I would love to meet up with you guys and can also show you around cool places in the land. Hit me up at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login if you all want to meet up. I'm taking my son to rattle and hum and I'm totally excited as this is the third u2 event in Cleveland!!!

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2016, 08:50:52 AM »
Hi all. I am from Cleveland and live and work 10 minutes from the rock hall. I would love to meet up with you guys and can also show you around cool places in the land. Hit me up at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login if you all want to meet up. I'm taking my son to rattle and hum and I'm totally excited as this is the third u2 event in Cleveland!!!

We are supposed to meet at Flannery's on Friday night around 8pm-ish. We want to try and watch the iheart show there. We are also thinking of The Harp on Saturday evening before Rattle and Hum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk