Author Topic: UK Resident? Please help!  (Read 449 times)

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
UK Resident? Please help!
« on: September 12, 2016, 04:22:10 PM »
One of my favorite bands is Secret Machines, and I decided to be a completist and pick up everything from them that I could through legitimate means.  I've bought lots of rare singles the past few weeks.

Thing is, there are two songs I can't buy in the US.  They weren't issued on CD, and are only available in the UK iTunes store.

If you live in the UK, I would be very grateful to anyone who could buy the tracks and email them to me.  I'll cover the expense via Paypal.  It's four tracks total, because there are 2 singles which you need to buy the entirety of for the two b-sides I want.  I'd love to be able to do it myself, but it seems my hands are tied, being a US resident.

If you're willing to do this, message me!  Many thanks.

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
Re: UK Resident? Please help!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 07:47:34 PM »
Couldn't you just create an account using the UK store and purchase it there?

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 07:10:42 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Couldn't you just create an account using the UK store and purchase it there?

No--it relies on the billing address for whatever credit card you're using.  My credit card has my US address.  I would need a UK address to be able to have a credit card that works for the UK store.  I can switch and view the UK store, but as soon as I try to purchase anything from it, it switches me over to the US store.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 05:43:23 PM »
I don't know what's going on with the Messenger application in this forum.  I swear I've sent several messages to two individuals who offered, but most of them don't appear in my "sent items", and I haven't heard back.

At any rate, if you're interested, feel free to hit me up at my email:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thanks.

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 06:06:05 AM »
I have what I believe to be a RARE Secret Machines CD ... It's like a tiny Mini-CD that was given away on their early tours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 06:09:43 AM »
Just checked and it's not so rare ... lol ... It's either 'Now here is nowhere' or 'First Wave Intact' let me know if it's any good to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 09:23:24 PM »
This never went anywhere, but u thought I'd try again...if you're able to buy from the UK iTunes Store, I would be happy to reimburse you for a couple of songs I'm interested in. If interested, PM me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline zedg

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • *POP*
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 07:34:21 AM »
Is there no other site that has these singles/songs that you can buy from? Amazon, Google Play?

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 09:03:13 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Is there no other site that has these singles/songs that you can buy from? Amazon, Google Play?

Amazon doesn't, don't know about Google Play.  But from my experience, the rights to the music follows suit to all outlets.  So if it's not available in the US store for iTunes, it's also not available in the US store for Amazon, etc.  Sort of like how iTunes (US) only features select U2 singles--those same singles are (I believe) the only ones available on Amazon's US digital music store.

Personally, I wish those songs were at least released on a physical media.  In that case, I could at least find a seller, even if they're located in the UK--I did this for other Secret Machines singles.  Alas, these are limited to vinyl (don't have a turntable, not interested in the format) or iTunes (can only be purchased by residents of the UK, etc.)