Author Topic: Concerts of 2017  (Read 13944 times)

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • A-B-C, easy as 1-2-3
Concerts of 2017
« on: September 19, 2016, 06:02:55 AM »
Red Hot Chili Peppers have just announced a show here in Detroit on Groundhog Day, so here goes the new thread.   :)

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
Re: Concerts of 2017
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 01:22:28 PM »
is that something you're going to attend?

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 01:25:15 PM »
Whoo new year, new thread! Let's hope we get a U2 tour.

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 01:48:42 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Whoo new year, new thread! Let's hope we get a U2 tour.
^this

new album from Paramore soon so that means tour!!!!

I also hope twenty one pilots is going to announce an Atlanta show after headlining Music Midtown this weekend. Strange to see no Atlanta on their 2017 winter tour

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • A-B-C, easy as 1-2-3
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 04:00:02 PM »
is that something you're going to attend?

I might - gotta keep eyes open for setlists...if they're doing lots/all of the new album, I'll seriously consider it. If it's just 5 or 6 new songs and a bunch of Frusciante-era songs, forget it.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 07:24:36 AM »
I would definitely go and see the Chili Peppers, not gonna lie.

Online Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 07:46:27 AM »
The number of bands I see each year seems to be diminishing.  Next year, I guess I'm hoping Depeche Mode tours again--I still enjoy them after all these years, though I'm a bit burned out on some of the hits, same as U2.  It seems like the rumors indicate a new album and 2017 tour in the works.

Offline zedg

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • *POP*
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 09:19:14 AM »
The number of bands I see each year seems to be diminishing.  Next year, I guess I'm hoping Depeche Mode tours again--I still enjoy them after all these years, though I'm a bit burned out on some of the hits, same as U2.  It seems like the rumors indicate a new album and 2017 tour in the works.

I have never actually gotten to see Depeche live since they haven't been to Australia since 94. When each tour gets announced i always hope for Aussie dates... however i think i am now pretty much over it... Burned out from all the hits like you (via watching all the live dvd's).

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 11:43:14 AM »
I would definitely go and see the Chili Peppers, not gonna lie.

yea im REALLY hoping my friend pulls through and gets us tickets. He's seen the last 6 tours <since 89> and said hell stop at nothing to get tickets.

one of the reasons i really wanna go is the big name bands i follow have all but stopped coming to texas and i don't travel to see shows. Radiohead, Foo Fighters, U2 all skipped this great state. RHCP seems like the only sure thing i'll see next year as of now. I can only pray Beck and/or Green Day do "real" tours and come to Dallas.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • A-B-C, easy as 1-2-3
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 05:03:39 PM »

You should get your wish. There's supposed to be a 3-DVD box set of all their music videos coming in November, and a new studio album by the beginning of next summer.

Online Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 05:50:32 PM »

You should get your wish. There's supposed to be a 3-DVD box set of all their music videos coming in November, and a new studio album by the beginning of next summer.

Yeah, I know about the videos box set, which I'm not too interested in, but I've heard the rumors about a new album, which sounds good to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 05:55:12 PM »
my god i used to be obsessed with collecting the home videos on vhs dvd etc. now i don't even care to see em. the last 2 u2 albums i havent seen the videos till they were released on the tour blu-rays, for the most part.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • A-B-C, easy as 1-2-3
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2016, 05:11:22 PM »
America needs a few more fests like this one:

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

...damn, I'd give anything to see Rachel Grimes perform live. I loved her band (Rachel's...yes that apostrophe's supposed to be there), and I was crushed when co-founder Jason Noble died a few years back. I've never seen jazz sax legend Henry Threadgill, either, and I've been a fan of his since my 1st year in high school.

Xiu Xiu, Aoife O'Donovan, Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith, Carla Bley, Tortoise...man, I'd have a great time at this!

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2016, 05:20:21 PM »
....who are any of those?

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2016, 11:05:12 PM »
Xiu Xiu recently did a Twin Peaks tribute album. It was...interesting, to say the least.