Author Topic: Concerts of 2017  (Read 13976 times)

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
Re: Concerts of 2017
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2016, 10:20:01 AM »
Well Coldplay is skipping Georgia

again

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • A-B-C, easy as 1-2-3
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2016, 07:08:14 AM »
for places they're not skipping...

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2016, 09:56:59 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of weird that they're still going to be on tour in North America next summer? I assumed that this summer was it, especially considering that the album will be almost two years old by that point.

Also, it is weird that they're skipping Atlanta. *man hugs for Ken*

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2016, 12:18:59 PM »
Green Day announced their North American tour. They're coming here in March, but they're playing at the University of Pittsburgh.  ::)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline TheU2Ken

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2016, 05:17:02 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of weird that they're still going to be on tour in North America next summer? I assumed that this summer was it, especially considering that the album will be almost two years old by that point.

Also, it is weird that they're skipping Atlanta. *man hugs for Ken*
bless you.

it is really weird and annoying lol

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2016, 08:45:08 PM »
yea it's dumb. no one cares about the new album.

Offline kevc

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2016, 01:13:52 PM »
The number of bands I see each year seems to be diminishing.  Next year, I guess I'm hoping Depeche Mode tours again--I still enjoy them after all these years, though I'm a bit burned out on some of the hits, same as U2.  It seems like the rumors indicate a new album and 2017 tour in the works.

You should get your wish. There's supposed to be a 3-DVD box set of all their music videos coming in November, and a new studio album by the beginning of next summer.

Wish come true, new album Spirit in April European tour announced starts 5th May, assume US next fall, London tics on sale tomorrow, brilliant live band , love them and love the fact they promote the new albums with 6-7 new songs

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2016, 07:58:00 AM »
Roger Waters July 3 in Dallas. I'd like to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • A-B-C, easy as 1-2-3
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2016, 08:02:16 AM »
^ he's doing 51 cities on the Us And Them tour; he's here in Detroit in August.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2016, 08:17:59 AM »
^ he's doing 51 cities on the Us And Them tour; he's here in Detroit in August.

I just came here to comment on this.  On one hand, it could be cool.  On the other hand, I really am starting to feel maxed out on some of these artists.  I've seen Roger twice--once on the Dark Side of the Moon tour, and once on the Wall tour.  I've seen Pink Floyd once, and David Gilmour twice.  I just don't know that it's worth the prices to keep seeing artists I've seen numerous times before, doing mostly the same songs.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2016, 08:29:16 AM »
i'd rather be seeing Gilmour but since i only saw the Wall tour i'd like to see other PF songs.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2016, 08:34:18 AM »
i'd rather be seeing Gilmour but since i only saw the Wall tour i'd like to see other PF songs.

Yeah, don't get me wrong--Roger's Dark Side of the Moon tour was great--the visuals were really good, and it was great to see that album performed in its entirety.  It's just that, by now, unless there's something particular about the show that's significant or different, I'm getting less inclined to spend $$$ to see the same songs from 4 years ago.  I'm curious what the "25% new material" comment is referring to--it could be a positive, but he also performed at least one "new" song during DSotM (Leaving Beirut, I think), and it was awful.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • A-B-C, easy as 1-2-3
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2016, 12:14:59 PM »
tell ya tho, if I hear he's doing Animals in its entirety, there's no way I'm missing that.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2016, 12:44:36 PM »
tell ya tho, if I hear he's doing Animals in its entirety, there's no way I'm missing that.

That would be cool--I'm wondering if that's what the tour artwork is alluding to.  Though, he did Sheep on the DSotM tour, and he did Dogs on the In The Flesh tour before that, which is on DVD.  That leaves Pigs (Three Different Ones), which is cool, and would be nice to see revisited, but it's probably my least favorite part of the album.  The Pigs on the Wing opener and closer are also nice, but fairly brief.

At $250 a pop for the good seats, though, I have a hard time justifying the expense, even if he did it.  I wish he'd make more indication of what to expect before plunking down that kind of money.

Offline TheU2Ken

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2016, 09:03:22 AM »
Got my first ticket of 2017. Seeing Circa Survive with some friends in January. Not a huge fan but I dig the album they're doing a tour for.

Main reason I'm going is mewithoutyou. Haven't seen them besides on Parahoy. Really excited to see them at my favorite venue