Author Topic: Concerts of 2017  (Read 7421 times)

Offline ozmodiar

• Stateless
Re: Concerts of 2017
« Reply #360 on: May 19, 2017, 04:38:47 PM »
 Snagged pit tickets for The National.  8)

Offline Kmama07

• Party Girl/Boy
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #361 on: May 20, 2017, 05:38:04 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Snagged pit tickets for The National.  8)
I saw them in cork a few summers ago. Great show!

Offline imaginary friend

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • take the long way home
« Reply #362 on: May 20, 2017, 01:16:29 PM »
If you had tickets to either Fyre Fest or the Pemberton Festival (organizers just declared bankruptcy), said ticket will get you into Way Home Fest for free.

Also, I saw that Live Nation (I think) was offering a mega festival pass for $799. The pass will get you into any and all US fests that you can get to...well, at least the dozens of festivals that agreed to take part.

Offline Kmama07

• Party Girl/Boy
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #363 on: May 21, 2017, 07:03:38 AM »
So, I went to see the Revolution last night in Detroit. Somewhat conflicted. Crowd was on fire! Detroit loves Prince and there were a few incredible dudes dressed like prince in various stages of "Princedom", as well as some other incredible fans dressed all in purple...huge purple Afros, etc. Crowd was singing, dAncing, having a blast.  The band was really tight and Wendy sounded awesome. The disappointing factor was at some point they brought a guy (local singer but I didn't catch his name) up on stage for various songs and he completely wrecked it for me.  Initially it was a fantastic show with a fantastic band paying tribute to someone they loved. Once that cat took the stage it reduced them to a mediocre Prince tribute band....even Wendy was looking at the guy a few times like,"tone it down, dude". Anyhow, JMO

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #364 on: May 23, 2017, 09:31:42 AM »
Just saw Jean-Michel Jarre last night.  Wow.  Absolutely one of the most amazing light/laser shows I've ever seen, and I've seen Pink Floyd, Gilmour, and Waters.

If you have any interest in electronic music and live in the US, I highly recommend checking out his limited, first time EVER tour of the US.  It's a bit "ravey", but super cool.  I'm not convinced how much he was really "playing", but that's electronic music concerts for you.  Come on.  LASER HARP!!!

Offline imaginary friend

• take the long way home
« Reply #365 on: May 23, 2017, 05:28:38 PM »
Midnight Oil's not coming to Detroit...but they have just added a Cleveland date towards the end of summer. Gotta make a serious effort to get down there.

Online THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #366 on: May 23, 2017, 11:57:33 PM »
saw the "Total Package" tour tonight. that's Boyz II Men, Paula Abdul and New Kids on the Block.

AMAZING! i've been a casual fan of B2M since HS <late 90s> and MAN they KILLED IT. Paula was good and NKOTB was.........WOW. yea, i'm a fan now.

Offline imaginary friend

• take the long way home
« Reply #367 on: Today at 08:24:53 AM »
Lots of new GnR dates added for the US/Canada in autumn: