Author Topic: Concerts of 2017  (Read 10258 times)

Online THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
Re: Concerts of 2017
« Reply #435 on: July 16, 2017, 11:43:32 PM »
funny. it was way better than the Wall tour. the only complaint anyone gave was the Trump stuff got to be a beat down.

i've seen plenty of PF tributes, nothing beats Waters.

Online Johnny_Mac12

• Refugee
« Reply #436 on: July 17, 2017, 12:43:06 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
funny. it was way better than the Wall tour. the only complaint anyone gave was the Trump stuff got to be a beat down.

It doesn't matter if it's Hitler that you're bashing, I didn't pay $130 to stare at a politician on a video screen for half the concert.

Offline Kmama07

• Numb
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #437 on: July 17, 2017, 05:25:40 AM »
Echo and the Bunnymen next tuesday!

Any idea which band's going on first? I have to blow off the Bent Knee gig that night because they won't be onstage until 11-ish, and I have to be up at 4:30 AM Wednesday. However...if E&tB are going on first, I just might be able to go see them and leave afterwards. Anyway, thanks.   :)

I'm not sure. I think they are alternating. I'm going to call Meadowbrook Tuesday morning to find out

I found out that other matters are gonna stop me from going at all.   :(

Thanks for answering back, though. Have a good time!

Bummer! Thanks.

Online THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #438 on: July 17, 2017, 11:10:58 AM »

It doesn't matter if it's Hitler that you're bashing, I didn't pay $130 to stare at a politician on a video screen for half the concert.

half? dude...it was 20 minutes of a 3 hour concert at most. trust me. i have photos and videos and it was Pigs only.

i understand you got a bum show and i'm sorry his voice wasn't as strong as it was in Dallas 2 weeks ago, but it was a great show.

also, did you feel this way when you saw him on the Wall tour? "Roger is a self-righteous antisemitic grumpy old Englishmen who hasn't been relevant since he left Pink Floyd (who continued to do very well without him)"

Online Johnny_Mac12

• Refugee
« Reply #439 on: July 17, 2017, 12:24:29 PM »

half? dude...it was 20 minutes of a 3 hour concert at most. trust me. i have photos and videos and it was Pigs only.

i understand you got a bum show and i'm sorry his voice wasn't as strong as it was in Dallas 2 weeks ago, but it was a great show.

also, did you feel this way when you saw him on the Wall tour? "Roger is a self-righteous antisemitic grumpy old Englishmen who hasn't been relevant since he left Pink Floyd (who continued to do very well without him)"
I guess he took out a lot of the anti-Trump stuff for the Dallas show. In Atlanta, it was Picture This, Another Brick Part 2, Pigs (which itself is a fourth of the show) and Money. On top of that, he bashed the US with the Statue of Liberty on its side and footage from Desert Storm. And I believe there's Israel bashing with pictures of the wall they built. That is easily over half the show, and I'm not even counting the pictures of refuges because they're not hate-filled. Roger knows he can offend a lot of people because he already has their money, and there won't be another tour he can lose fans for. I'm okay with him writing songs about politics and religion, and I'm okay with him voicing his opinion once or twice. However, when somebody who isn't American shows any American leader with a small penis (I don't want to see a penis at all at a rock show) and builds the show around hate, that person has gone too far.

To be fair, the light show was incredible and his new songs actually sounded really good live.

Actually, I did think that about him during the Wall Tour. I've never liked Roger, only the music he wrote with Pink Floyd. I don't mind seeing somebody I think is a bad person as long as I enjoy the show. However, he let his radical hate-filled views control the show, and it suffered. He let his band sing David's parts and he sang his parts so his voice wasn't an issue for The Wall Tour. I'm glad your show was better, though!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 12:27:28 PM by Johnny_Mac12 »

Online THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #440 on: July 17, 2017, 12:33:48 PM »
Ok the show was political but it wasn't half trump only. and he showed your audience trumps....d**k? but you're right he was shown during Picture This. my mistake. PF didn't right happy music so i can see why you think it's angry. I def thought Wall was a lot angrier.

his guitarist was the Gilmour fill-in on this and the Wall tour.

Offline Kmama07

• Numb
« Reply #441 on: July 19, 2017, 04:38:03 PM »
The Breeders:
Detroit
November!

Offline imaginary friend

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • take the long way home
« Reply #442 on: July 19, 2017, 04:46:59 PM »
Bummed to see that Nightwish's 20th anniversary tour's playing Kalamazoo instead of Detroit for its Michigan date. What, 2 sold-out shows here the last 2 times thru not good enough?

Online THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #443 on: July 19, 2017, 05:15:31 PM »
Saturday DJ Shadow

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #444 on: July 20, 2017, 08:28:39 AM »
Not sure what to say regarding the Roger Water complaints.  I've been seeing similar complaints for years, but have never found him to be offensive, myself.  I plan on enjoying the show in a week. 

Online THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #445 on: July 20, 2017, 12:45:19 PM »
Not sure what to say regarding the Roger Water complaints.  I've been seeing similar complaints for years, but have never found him to be offensive, myself.  I plan on enjoying the show in a week.

and i thought stirring the pot is what we wanted to see U2 do as well? can't do that without calling out some politicians you hate. it's not like anyone is keeping their mouth shut about how much trump is hated

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #446 on: July 20, 2017, 01:03:30 PM »

and i thought stirring the pot is what we wanted to see U2 do as well? can't do that without calling out some politicians you hate. it's not like anyone is keeping their mouth shut about how much trump is hated

Yeah.  And he's been doing it now for decades.  His new album takes aim at Trump at least 2 or 3 times.  What can I say, I tend to agree with him on that topic.

Online THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #447 on: July 20, 2017, 03:20:58 PM »

Yeah.  And he's been doing it now for decades.  His new album takes aim at Trump at least 2 or 3 times.  What can I say, I tend to agree with him on that topic.

i dont know a thing about Margaret Thatcher but apparently the PF album The Final Cut was aimed at her?

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #448 on: July 20, 2017, 04:28:02 PM »

i dont know a thing about Margaret Thatcher but apparently the PF album The Final Cut was aimed at her?

Oh yeah. I think she was probably about as abhorrent to folks on the left back then as Trump is now. (Or close, anyway.) I'm not terribly knowledgeable of her, either. The Falklands war was a big part of TFC, as was "Maggie" in general.

Offline Kmama07

• Numb
« Reply #449 on: July 20, 2017, 09:40:39 PM »
Bummed to see that Nightwish's 20th anniversary tour's playing Kalamazoo instead of Detroit for its Michigan date. What, 2 sold-out shows here the last 2 times thru not good enough?
Detroit has been getting passed over more and more for many shows. Most bands have been doing Chicago/Cleveland/Toronto. Especially "smaller " acts. My biggest disappointment was The Waterboys doing "Fishermans Blues" a few years back. Grrrr.....