Author Topic: Concerts of 2017  (Read 11379 times)

Offline cocamojoe

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: Concerts of 2017
« Reply #480 on: August 10, 2017, 12:15:49 PM »
So far this year, I've seen:
Bon Jovi
Red Hot Chili Peppers
U2 (twice)
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds (quite possibly the best show that I've ever seen)
Tears For Fears/Hall & Oates
The Lumineers (on their own tour; not opening for U2)
Patti Smith
Dropkick Murphys/Rancid

Sadly, I'll be missing Earth Wind & Fire tonight, though I am planning on scoring tickets for both Roger Waters and Bob Seger for next month, as soon as my paycheck drops tonight.

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #481 on: August 12, 2017, 09:18:42 AM »
Taking my son to Bruno Mars tonight.
Should be interesting.
My son is extremely excited?

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #482 on: August 12, 2017, 10:01:31 AM »
Busy past few weekends for me here. Guns n' Roses on the last Sunday in July. Secret Foo Fighters club show last Friday. And Coldplay tonight. Haven't caught them in years, but it should be a fun way to cap off this particular run! Haven't seen them in a stadium yet either.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #483 on: August 12, 2017, 11:21:43 AM »
seeing Ed Sheeran <with James Blunt apparently?> next friday.

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #484 on: August 14, 2017, 05:08:12 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Should be interesting.
Ok. So this show was my son's first show that he picked to attend (he's been to several with me through the years). He is ten and Bruno Mars is a big deal in the land of middle school top forty radio listening kids! I've seen Bruno on award shows, Super Bowl, etc., and thought he was entertaining, but admittedly went to this show with somewhat low expectations. Boy was I mistaken!  Band was tight, his voice was on point, the crowd was very energetic and completely into it. This is a fully loaded entertainer. And this was a SHOW I would recommend to anyone.

Offline cocamojoe

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #485 on: August 14, 2017, 12:34:58 PM »
Should be interesting.
Ok. So this show was my son's first show that he picked to attend (he's been to several with me through the years). He is ten and Bruno Mars is a big deal in the land of middle school top forty radio listening kids! I've seen Bruno on award shows, Super Bowl, etc., and thought he was entertaining, but admittedly went to this show with somewhat low expectations. Boy was I mistaken!  Band was tight, his voice was on point, the crowd was very energetic and completely into it. This is a fully loaded entertainer. And this was a SHOW I would recommend to anyone.
How much did joy pay for tickets? In my city, they're starting at $200, and his setlist is only 15-16 songs, according to setlist.fm

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #486 on: August 14, 2017, 02:10:01 PM »
Should be interesting.
How much did joy pay for tickets? In my city, they're starting at $200, and his setlist is only 15-16 songs, according to setlist.fm
That sounds about right, although ours were $100 each because a friend of mine (who also brought here daughter) joined the fan club to get in on the presale months ago.  Our seats were in the lower bowl kind of in the corner but the way the stage was set up we had no obstructed view whatsoever. His set was 17 of his songs and since it was a Detroit show, he also added "I Want You Back" by the Jackson 5.  On a VERY cool side note: he announced he was donating the proceeds from that shows tickets to the Flint Water Project to the tune of $1,000,000.00

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #487 on: August 18, 2017, 10:40:46 PM »
Ed Sheeran. That was a great show. Especially for just being a guy and an acoustic guitar. Great charisma my wife and i loved it.

Offline kango

• Desert Rose
  • I know I'm not a hopeless case.
« Reply #488 on: August 19, 2017, 01:15:22 PM »
Very happy to be seeing LP in November. Where has she been all our lives? No matter, her time is now.