Author Topic: Concerts of 2017  (Read 14509 times)

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
Re: Concerts of 2017
« Reply #540 on: October 02, 2017, 04:42:24 PM »
PARAMORE TONIGHT

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #541 on: October 03, 2017, 07:45:57 AM »
Probably need to start a 2018 thread.  I got tix to see the Celebrating David Bowie show, featuring Mike Garson, Adrian Belew, and Gerry Leonard.

Offline Marwood

• Stateless
« Reply #542 on: October 04, 2017, 06:45:53 AM »
Only show I've got tickets for next year is Arcade Fire at Wembley Arena in April, I'm not a big fan of booking concerts best part of a year in advance.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #543 on: October 06, 2017, 11:19:02 AM »
I thought I was done with shows for the year, but why stop now?  Seeing LCD Soundsystem in a few weeks.  I had a somewhat unpleasant time the last time I saw them due to idiots in the crowd, but I'm gambling that staying toward the back of the venue should avoid them this time around.

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #544 on: October 10, 2017, 02:02:39 PM »
Paul Weller tomorrow night!

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #545 on: October 11, 2017, 01:49:00 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Let's hope the changing man plays this: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login 

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #546 on: October 12, 2017, 07:27:46 AM »

Let's hope the changing man plays this: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Oh man, I wish!
Great show, though. Many songs from new album along with other solo material, a few Jam and Style Council. He's still got it and it's obvious he loves playing live. My third time seeing him and he hasn't disappointed either time. I'm really diggin' his voice now. A bit lower but still strong and rich.

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
« Reply #547 on: October 12, 2017, 08:16:51 AM »
Gorillaz was mind-blowing last night. Got Julien Baker tonight. Paramore Tuesday in Nashville. White Reaper next Thursday. and LCD Soundysystem next Saturday and Sunday  ;D

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #548 on: October 12, 2017, 08:23:30 AM »
Gorillaz was mind-blowing last night. Got Julien Baker tonight. Paramore Tuesday in Nashville. White Reaper next Thursday. and LCD Soundysystem next Saturday and Sunday  ;D
How wonderful to get to so many shows!
Are you in the business in some way, or just fortunate to be able to do so?
( not trying to be forward/nosey... Mainly envious I am unable to do the same thing as much as I was able to in my younger/childless days😀)

Offline Marwood

• Stateless
« Reply #549 on: October 13, 2017, 04:54:29 AM »
Going to see Grandmaster Flash at Under The Bridge next month, it's an audiovisual show so there'll be something to see on screens rather than just seeing him spin discs.

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #550 on: October 13, 2017, 08:52:46 AM »
Saw GNR in Miami - MEH  - crowd wasn't into it, stadium half full

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #551 on: October 13, 2017, 02:32:49 PM »

Oh man, I wish!
Great show, though. Many songs from new album along with other solo material, a few Jam and Style Council. He's still got it and it's obvious he loves playing live. My third time seeing him and he hasn't disappointed either time. I'm really diggin' his voice now. A bit lower but still strong and rich.

Just looked at the setlist and he seems to have done more Style Council songs than Jam songs - which is something I approve of!  Having said that I am pleased he finished with the brilliant Town Called Malice.   He showed taste in selecting tracks from his back catalogue -  glad he avoided the Britpop era tracks like Wild Wood and Changing Man but did the classy Ever Changing Moods.

Offline cocamojoe

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #552 on: October 13, 2017, 06:38:05 PM »
I saw Gogol Bordello last week; Bob Seeger the week before; and, both Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears and Beats Antique the week before.

Gypsy punk; classic, soulful rock; funk/r&b/rock’n’roll; and, electronica with live musicianship, and a heavy influence from both Indian and Arabic music.

Offline dwaltman

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #553 on: October 14, 2017, 08:56:11 AM »
I saw Gogol Bordello last week; Bob Seeger the week before; and, both Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears and Beats Antique the week before.

Gypsy punk; classic, soulful rock; funk/r&b/rock’n’roll; and, electronica with live musicianship, and a heavy influence from both Indian and Arabic music.

I have a friend who is a huge BJL&H fan, but we had to miss on the Ithaca show.  Where did you see them?  Can you provide a short review?