Author Topic: Concerts of 2017  (Read 6213 times)

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
Re: Concerts of 2017
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2016, 04:38:25 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Detroit date is April something-or-other.
^Ya my wife and i just got tickets. Mariah is her obsession, well her and Elvis. She's never seen her in concert so we just spent way to much on presale to go.

god i hope Metallica doesn't announce a tour this week i know i won't be able to get tickets now...

Offline tigerfan41

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2016, 06:36:01 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Detroit date is April something-or-other.
^Ya my wife and i just got tickets. Mariah is her obsession, well her and Elvis. She's never seen her in concert so we just spent way to much on presale to go.

god i hope Metallica doesn't announce a tour this week i know i won't be able to get tickets now...

I was really surprised she's opening for Richie. I like his music, but I thought she was the bigger draw? I'm guessing she's not anymore?

Same about Metallica. They're not on my absolutely must-see list, but my niece is really wanting to see them and being the only other fan in the family....yeah, I'm going.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2016, 07:20:05 PM »
yea she's not a big deal anymore really. neither is Richie but he's not notorious for showing up an hour or two late for a show. maybe if she "has" to open itll force her to get her ass moving a lil faster.

Offline John Galt

• Running to Stand Still
  • The hands that build can also pull down.
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2016, 10:59:23 PM »
I'd spend way too much to see an Elvis concert.

Offline John Galt

• Running to Stand Still
  • The hands that build can also pull down.
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2016, 11:02:23 PM »
At least Mariah is a very special guest and not just an ordinary special guest.  Like a long lost relative showing up for Christmas with a big cheque in lieu of your inheritance.

Offline tigerfan41

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2016, 06:12:07 PM »
At least Mariah is a very special guest and not just an ordinary special guest.  Like a long lost relative showing up for Christmas with a big cheque in lieu of your inheritance.

;D I'm guessing she has something in her contract that states "cannot be referred to as the opener."

yea she's not a big deal anymore really. neither is Richie but he's not notorious for showing up an hour or two late for a show. maybe if she "has" to open itll force her to get her ass moving a lil faster.

Dang, sounds like the Axl Rose of pop music (except with more glam). Although, Axl seems like he's been on his best behavior this year.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2016, 07:08:41 PM »
yea her and GNR are the 2 i hear the most about in terms of making an audience wait like jackasses.

i think the longest i ever waited was for Bon Jovi in 2012. maybe 45 minutes, but it was still early since they didn't have an opener...oh i mean a very special guest..

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • You can see me in person on July 1st in Cleveland
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2016, 05:51:58 PM »
Not really a concert, but I'm going on the Walker Stalker cruise with my internship

Offline tigerfan41

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2016, 10:09:22 AM »
Metallica US 2017 tour announcement seems imminent. They were on Kimmel last night and mentioned that they're going on a big US tour next summer. Recent interviews suggest they'll be touring around the world all the way into 2018.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2016, 12:55:18 PM »
Metallica US 2017 tour announcement seems imminent. They were on Kimmel last night and mentioned that they're going on a big US tour next summer. Recent interviews suggest they'll be touring around the world all the way into 2018.

yea it starts in May so HOPEFULLY tickets wont go on sale till jan or feb. i seriously can't do a ticket right now.

Offline tigerfan41

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2016, 09:05:50 PM »

yea it starts in May so HOPEFULLY tickets wont go on sale till jan or feb. i seriously can't do a ticket right now.

Me neither! Hoping for a month or two to set aside money for Metallica (and hopefully U2) tickets.

Pretty confident 80% of my fun money next year will be spent on concert tickets.  :D

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2016, 12:12:41 AM »

Same, I am broke right now haha.

Offline imaginary friend

• take the long way home
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2016, 05:44:25 PM »
holy crap this needs to go on the road!

Offline imaginary friend

• take the long way home
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2016, 06:32:21 AM »
^ Mike Garson responded to the tweet I sent him - the cast assembled for this will tour this show, at least to some extent. In addition to Tokyo, the cities are NYC, LA, Sydney, and London. Let's all hope for more!

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2016, 01:34:32 PM »
so its just a tribute tour or?