Author Topic: Abuse of Aaron G at Dublin event  (Read 1026 times)

Offline BelfastBoy

• Babyface
Abuse of Aaron G at Dublin event
« on: October 03, 2016, 06:29:00 AM »
I can't remember when I last posted here, a long time ago for sure. But after reading Matt's current OTR column, I felt compelled to respond to this:

"The worst thing is that one fan who was at the Dublin event confronted Aaron G. on Sunday to angrily gripe about Adam's appearance in Cleveland -- a confrontation that happened in front of Aaron's family and brought his youngest son to tears. Can you imagine?!? That's not how U2 fans should act toward one another. Hell ... it's not how anyone should act toward one another."

I was disgusted to read this, absolutely appalled! Should we not instead be thrilled that, yet again, an actual band member has acknowledged this site's quality and dedication by participating enthusiastically as he did? U2, collectively and individually, owe us (the fanbase) absolutely nothing, so for Adam to take the time to Skype chat at the Cleveland event should be considered a fantastic coup for @U2, as well as offering some hard evidence of the band's 2017 plans. Whoever that 'fan' in Dublin was, he or she should be ashamed of behaving in that way. Get over yourself and consider the bigger picture!

Offline Lizard

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Heard a song that made some sense out of the world
Re: Abuse of Aaron G at Dublin event
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 12:11:18 PM »
I completely agree!!!

Thanks to all of you stuffers who organized the two events (even though - or maybe because - I didn't have the time to travel to any of them I enjoyed very much the podcast and the coverage on Twitter).
By the way - are there any videos or transcripts of the Dublin event?

Offline Hawkmoon2e

• Administrator
  • Running to Stand Still
  • Deserve's got nothin' to do with it
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 01:13:06 PM »
Yeah, I agree. I met Aaron G last November in Dublin, and hes one of the nicest and most generous guys around.

xtraspicy62

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 10:47:26 AM »
I love following Aaron on twitter, where he is most kind and gracious to help fans follow the band.

When I was lost, he absolutely was there for me to try and find a periscope link.

Hes kind and gentle, friendly and a great fan.

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 01:40:22 AM »
Thanks for the kind words in here, folks. Aaron is fantastic and didn't deserve what happened that Sunday.

Lizard, we just posted videos of all three main conversation/interviews we did in both Dublin and Cleveland: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 03:26:50 AM »
Didn't know that happened. Usually i can say U2 fans are the most social, and music loving fans i know. Don't know Aaron, but i sure don't get the guys problem (or girls?).

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 08:29:21 AM »
Aaron was a star in pulling the event together - like all the guys on here its all done in our own time and the Dublin event was brilliant. Great chat amongst the fans - the minority spoiling it for the majority is not what we should be discussing. That said thanks for the support - I'll make sure he knows