Author Topic: Adam says album March/April 17- maybe  (Read 23855 times)

Offline OnlyU2

• Up With the Sun
Re: Adam says album March/April 17- maybe
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2016, 08:14:08 PM »
I don't like how they've been humming and hawing on whether it's finished or not.  Don't want an over produced record.  So, they're going to work up until Christmas, then... let it sit for a few months?
First it was finished, now they've decided it;s not finished.They sure know how to drive their fans crazy.

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2016, 09:08:30 PM »
With the album being called Songs of Experience it should open with Johnny Cash singing
"I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch, and to feel as much as a man can before he repents" and then fading into the first song

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2016, 09:46:48 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
With the album being called Songs of Experience it should open with Johnny Cash singing
"I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch, and to feel as much as a man can before he repents" and then fading into the first song

love that... great song!

Offline Neil Young, man!

• Refugee
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2016, 01:02:20 AM »

love that... great song!

Great lyric quote!

Offline Neil Young, man!

• Refugee
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2016, 01:04:40 AM »
Have to chime in and nice to hear from you Jick and your 2021 is looking still frustratingly possible!

Hope, Edges kitty who is so witty, is spot on with the production thought.

I would BEG for them to pick their top 11 or 12 currently in process and just f'n play them in a room, record it, charge me $100+ for packages/video etc and BE BRAVE and BALLSY  like we all know U2 to B! Our excitement as fans would make it go socially viral within our spheres of influence and they would find millions of new fans worldwide.
it'd be cool if they said screw it and did something rather different like that. my own personal fantasy would be to do something like Radiohead's From the Basement videos but AS the first more-or-less official release.

film themselves in the Edge's basement playing through all of their new material. relaxed environment. live environment. unpolished. the whol album. then post it online. casually mention the album's official studio release is coming out a week later or something. it'd be a much more fitting way to give a good ol thank you to the fans than their previous gimmick, and it'd probably turn out better than whatever studio crap they push out.
Yes, something like that! Key words "screw it", "casually" "unpolished".

Offline Neil Young, man!

• Refugee
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2016, 01:06:31 AM »
Agreed that it's still pretty quick but what worries me is that they may be overthinking it and changing things again. The album was "80% ready" a pretty long time ago. I was hoping for something fresh and a bit provocative. Taking  longer to finish the album usually means tweaking songs to sound more radio friendly. That's all.

I would say you are probably right, sadly.

But that is the band they have become and sadly we can't change it....i hold onto hope that they will change but i doubt it...in the meantime check out the masses of great new stuff out there that frankly makes a new u2 album pretty irrelevant and just a bonus should it arrive....2016 has been a brilliant year for new music.
Yes, true. U2 should wake up to this fact and not try to make everything so grand. An Tha can you give us 5 tips for new music?

Waffles

« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2016, 02:14:06 AM »
Really gotta wonder what a modern album with no producers would sound like.

Offline craola

• Wanderer
  • https://soundcloud.com/ambulai/
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2016, 02:21:13 AM »
keep Lanois around. cut eno and lillywhite out of it. and sit down with bono from time to time and discuss the importance of letting the music breathe a little before everything is set in stone.

Offline The Edges Cat

• Child of Grace
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2016, 04:43:32 AM »

I think all producers should shut the curtains and turn off the lights when U2 come knocking, pretend they're not home. Force U2 to make an album by themselves... ha, imagine that!

Offline wik73

• Numb
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2016, 04:49:31 AM »
The album is pretty much done Adam said, they are just waiting for Trump to enter the room...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wik73

• Numb
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2016, 04:51:57 AM »
This would be great!! Or end the album with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2016, 05:03:53 AM »
Agreed that it's still pretty quick but what worries me is that they may be overthinking it and changing things again. The album was "80% ready" a pretty long time ago. I was hoping for something fresh and a bit provocative. Taking  longer to finish the album usually means tweaking songs to sound more radio friendly. That's all.

But that is the band they have become and sadly we can't change it....i hold onto hope that they will change but i doubt it...in the meantime check out the masses of great new stuff out there that frankly makes a new u2 album pretty irrelevant and just a bonus should it arrive....2016 has been a brilliant year for new music.
Yes, true. U2 should wake up to this fact and not try to make everything so grand. An Tha can you give us 5 tips for new music?

Try these:

SubRosa - For this we fought the battle of ages
Savages - Adore Life
Thee Oh Sees - A Weird Exits
Anohni- Hopelessness
Swans - The Glowing Man
The Kills - Ash and Ice
Garbage - Strange Little Birds
PJ Harvey - The Hope Six Demolition Project
Hinds - Leave Me Alone
The Jezabels - Synthia

« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 05:13:33 AM by an tha »

Offline Neil Young, man!

• Refugee
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2016, 05:11:41 AM »

Try these:

SubRosa - For this we thought the battle of ages
Savages - Adore Life
Anohni- Hopelessness
Swans - The Glowing Man
The Kills - Ash and Ice
Hinds - Leave Me Alone
The Jezabels - Synthia
Thanks, will do

Online an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2016, 05:15:30 AM »

Try these:

SubRosa - For this we thought the battle of ages
Savages - Adore Life
Anohni- Hopelessness
Swans - The Glowing Man
The Kills - Ash and Ice
Hinds - Leave Me Alone
The Jezabels - Synthia
Thanks, will do

Hopefully be something there you like...by way SuhRosa album is 'for this we fought the battle of ages' not 'thought'!...

Offline drjako

• Stateless
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2016, 05:49:26 AM »
The time they take is not necessarily because they need to overthink the songs they've composed.

The fact is U2 are a part time band, so in the next six months they'll be at most 3 weeks in studio and will hope everything is done by then. If not, more six months of waiting.

Yep part timers now only. Want to be the biggest and best and relevant, but will work part time towards it. Suppose they've earnt the right, but it does sh** me. They're just so far from what they were 20 years ago. But I suppose most of us are.