Author Topic: Adam says album March/April 17- maybe  (Read 26427 times)

Online jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
Re: Adam says album March/April 17- maybe
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2016, 10:49:42 AM »
Their contract with LiveNation expires in 2020. Will they renew, renegotiate or let it expire?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline dougie

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • A Bozo on the bus going nowhere!
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2016, 11:10:40 AM »
IF,  U2 is going to tour in the first half of 2017, it should be announced soon. Many bands are announcing tours and tickets have or will go on sale soon. (Last leg went on sale 6-11 months before the performances)

I cannot see them playing in the first half of the year, and the longer we wait does not bode well for a tour sooner than later. Sad! I am looking forward to seeing the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Green Day and Roger Waters in  the first half of 2017. But, I'd trade those for U2 in a heartbeat.

Offline Gavin82

• Stateless
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2016, 11:23:21 AM »
We never know this could be just to put us all off

Offline DPardue

• Wanderer
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2016, 01:16:16 PM »
I think it is just a lot harder for them to write now.  Yes, I know there are exceptions, but most artists spit out their best lyrical material in the first half of their career as opposed to the second half.  When you look at U2's lyrical catalog for the seven year period from say 1984-1991, it far far exceeds their catalog from the last 15 years.  The more you have said, the less you have left to say.  Composing the music is the easy part.  Writing darn good lyrics...that is a lot tougher.

Waffles

« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2016, 02:24:16 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
IF,  U2 is going to tour in the first half of 2017, it should be announced soon. Many bands are announcing tours and tickets have or will go on sale soon. (Last leg went on sale 6-11 months before the performances)

I cannot see them playing in the first half of the year, and the longer we wait does not bode well for a tour sooner than later. Sad! I am looking forward to seeing the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Green Day and Roger Waters in  the first half of 2017. But, I'd trade those for U2 in a heartbeat.

They probably won't announce tour until they are sure they are releasing an album. And they won't be sure until December so... More than likely the tour starts in Vancouver in May, all over again

Offline DoYouFeelLoved

• Stateless
  • Holy Dunc Space Junk
Adam says album March/April 17- maybe
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2016, 04:22:07 PM »
Like it's already been said, the fact that they keep pushing back the release it's not a good thing: for me, it screams insecurity, which means overthinking that leads to overproduction and to adjusting the sound according to pop trends. I just hope they prove me wrong...

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • Dublin, Chicago 1, Toronto
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2016, 04:57:47 PM »
Yup. Should be announcing soon. Maybe we will get a December 1st announcement.

Offline riffraff

• Holy Joe
  • Hold on to love, love won't let you go...
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2016, 06:51:47 PM »
oh boy...here we go again!

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2016, 01:48:34 AM »

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline riffraff

• Holy Joe
  • Hold on to love, love won't let you go...
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2016, 04:02:29 AM »

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

EXACTLY RIGHT ! over and over and over

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2016, 08:14:34 AM »
do people actually believe what the band say, or are they just being sarcastic?  I find it hard to believe people actually track this stuff and seem to believe things they hear from the band.

I know I am cynical, but...

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
  • I'm not coming down
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2016, 08:22:36 AM »
do people actually believe what the band say, or are they just being sarcastic?  I find it hard to believe people actually track this stuff and seem to believe things they hear from the band.

I know I am cynical, but...

Newer fans may believe them simply because they don't know any better. I certainly fell into that trap at first and it took a couple albums for me to realize that you never believe anything until it's in your hands (or on your phone!).

Offline The Hair of Martin Gore

• Refugee
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2016, 10:43:42 AM »
All I want from this album is for Bono to be lower in the mix and for Edge to layer guitars like he used to.  If those two things are there I don't care if Bono is just going "whoa whoa love whoa" for 50 minutes.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2016, 11:10:23 AM »
To be fair they have been more communicative than in the past on the run up to the next record and I feel that it is reasonably close.... I would guess the first half of 2017 would be a reasonable shout - of course this is u2 and it could all change but there is just that bit of noise been floating around a while now and the talk of a quick follow up when the last album arrived...so under 3 years would in u2 world qualify as a quick follow up.

March/April is as good a guess as any in my view.

Whatever happens well it happens and we are only just past 2 years since the last one right now so impatience for a new record is something i am struggling to understand giveb u2 have released for 4 albums in the 20 years almost since Pop.

If there is frustration about their 'workrate' it is in my view no good rallying against it as they are old men in decline and in the twilight of their career....the real frustration should be why were they not more prolific when they were at or near their peak......their album, mega tour, long rest and repeat cycle is the reason and i would have preferred more records from 1990 to 2000 than the 3 we got - another couple maybe would have been good...and of course the gaps between behind and bomb and nloth were big too - although for me that wasn't an issue!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 11:14:47 AM by an tha »

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2016, 11:49:34 AM »
mid 50s... 'old men in decline'?  well you maybe right but if so that is their own fault because I do not consider 50s to be old and many many artists are prolific well beyond these years....