Author Topic: Pre Sale  (Read 3675 times)

Offline jmh72

• Wanderer
Pre Sale
« on: March 02, 2009, 11:39:12 AM »
Does anybody know when the pre sale for the uk shows will be? I will be out of the uk week begining 16th :o >:(

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: Pre Sale
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 12:26:14 PM »
The presale dates have not been announced yet.

Last time(2005) the presales happened in batches of a few gigs per presale, so they probably will not happen all at the same time.

Keep your eye on here and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You will also get an e-mail from the fanclub in plenty of time.

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 04:41:54 PM »
A friend who spends a lot of time overseas was asking me this very question today.

I checked back on the 2005 dates. It went like this:

Tour announcement Sunday January 23rd.

The UK gigs went onsale on the "presale" 2 days after this, and to the general public the following Friday January 28th,
Dublin gigs went onsale on the presale on January 31st and to the general public on February 4th.

Us dates had a similar pattern. The presales seem to have happened 4 days before the general public sale.

As is always the case with tour announcements, they never announce ALL the dates on the first announcement, for example U2 annouced 37 Vertigo dates(legs 1 & 2),on the first annoucement, but ended up with 65 gigs, so theres several add ons made, after the initial announcement.

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 11:59:07 PM »
Thank you, that's very helpful Falling...

Offline jmh72

• Wanderer
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 01:25:49 AM »
Cheers Falling. Pray to god i am still in uk at pre sale time 8)

Offline cathalmc

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 02:01:01 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Cheers Falling. Pray to god i am still in uk at pre sale time 8)

It doesn't matter where you are as long as you have internet access. The pre-sale is done online, or at least it's available to buy tickets online through it.

Offline VanDiemen

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 01:25:51 AM »
If I'd subscribe to U2.com now, would I be able to buy pre sale tickets to? Or is there some kind of hierarchy, people who are subscribed for some years already, are allowed to buy pre sale tickets earlier?
And how fast tickets get sold out on the U2.com pre sale (does every subscriber gets what he wants, or at least one ticket)?

Thanks in advance!

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 02:38:17 AM »
For shows in 2005, there was no "guarantee" as such, but most fans who bought presale tickets for "outdoor gigs" in Europe got their tickets. People in the US had much bigger difficulties as they were buying for much smaller indoor venues and many were left disapointed and got bad seats or no tickets at all. For the indoor US shows, most of  the presales sold out in minutes, but they were indoor shows and the same was not true of the outdoor shows in Europe, some sold out in minutes others did not.ticket

There was also a  special presale for fanclub members who were originally members of the original fan club Propaganda, but this only came about after the disaster of the first leg round of presales for the US shows. We don't know if this is going to happen again, I doubt if Propaganda members will get such a special presale opportunity again, but we just don't know. We might know this next Monday when the tour is announced.

Getting tickets on presales, depends on demand, and on the ticket allocation U2's organisation give to the presales. We don't know what these quantities will be, but there seems to be less gigs than normal so demand should be quite strong. Having said this, they are only playing large venues. In Europe at least, it is anticipated that many gigs will be in 80,000 PLUS capacity venues like Croke Park in Dublin, Nou Camp Barcelona, Wembley Stadium London, Stad Du France Paris etc. meaning theres better scope to give a higher allocation to fanclub presales.

So to answer the question, you will have the opportunity to participate in the presales as a paid fanclub memeber, but you are not guaranteed to get a ticket.

Offline spanner

• Numb
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 08:20:45 AM »
For shows in 2005, there was no "guarantee" as such, but most fans who bought presale tickets for "outdoor gigs" in Europe got their tickets. People in the US had much bigger difficulties as they were buying for much smaller indoor venues and many were left disapointed and got bad seats or no tickets at all. For the indoor US shows, most of  the presales sold out in minutes, but they were indoor shows and the same was not true of the outdoor shows in Europe, some sold out in minutes others did not.ticket

There was also a  special presale for fanclub members who were originally members of the original fan club Propaganda, but this only came about after the disaster of the first leg round of presales for the US shows. We don't know if this is going to happen again, I doubt if Propaganda members will get such a special presale opportunity again, but we just don't know. We might know this next Monday when the tour is announced.

Getting tickets on presales, depends on demand, and on the ticket allocation U2's organisation give to the presales. We don't know what these quantities will be, but there seems to be less gigs than normal so demand should be quite strong. Having said this, they are only playing large venues. In Europe at least, it is anticipated that many gigs will be in 80,000 PLUS capacity venues like Croke Park in Dublin, Nou Camp Barcelona, Wembley Stadium London, Stad Du France Paris etc. meaning theres better scope to give a higher allocation to fanclub presales.

So to answer the question, you will have the opportunity to participate in the presales as a paid fanclub memeber, but you are not guaranteed to get a ticket.
yeah let the old propaganda members go first  ;D ;D ;D i remember spending hrs online during the last presale for the vertigo tour some people were getting through and some weren't and people were letting others use there spare codes to get there tix

Offline VanDiemen

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 01:06:52 PM »
Thanks for the reply!

Offline VanDiemen

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 03:30:00 PM »
Another question, what's the max amount of tickets you can buy? (Or what was the max on previous tours)

thanks again:)

Offline mike1885

• Babyface
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 03:42:45 PM »
Another question, what's the max amount of tickets you can buy? (Or what was the max on previous tours)

8 is usually the maximum on ticketmaster.  I'm not sure if that also applies to the presale.

Offline onetreehill

• Up With the Sun
  • to the rhythm of my soul
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 08:48:23 PM »

yeah let the old propaganda members go first  ;D ;D ;D i remember spending hrs online during the last presale for the vertigo tour some people were getting through and some weren't and people were letting others use there spare codes to get there tix

I was a member of propaganda and several times did not receive my issue, so I don't know what to trust?  if they would even have an accurate record considering my profile wasn't even correct on the U2 website when they switched last week!!

U2 does everything right...............except hire the right people to run the website, I think we should nominate Matt!!!!

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 02:11:51 AM »

Ite remains to be seen, but there will be two seperate ticket purchase limits.

The first limit will apply to the fan club presale itself, if I recall for 2005, outdoor gigs had a maximum of 4, and indoor shows had a maximum of two.
I expect something similar for the new tour, I think a limit of 4  for outdoor shows is fair. Please also note that in 2005, one could only use the fanclub presale code once, so it was only good for one presale purchase and then expired.

The second limit is imposed for the general sale to the public, this varies from country to country. It could be 4, 6 or 8,per person  we don't know, the promoter will dictate this.

Offline kev346

• Party Girl/Boy
  • I'm ready I'm ready for the laughing gas
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 04:36:52 AM »
Hi I'm not sure where i read this now ( i will try and get the details ) but heard that dates for UK will be announced on the 9th of March and on sale on the 14th of March ..so pre sale would be on the 12/13th maybe ??

But i'm not 100% on this . so sorry if I'm wrong .