Author Topic: Pre Sale  (Read 3661 times)

Offline jmh72

• Wanderer
Re: Pre Sale
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 05:57:56 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi I'm not sure where i read this now ( i will try and get the details ) but heard that dates for UK will be announced on the 9th of March and on sale on the 14th of March ..so pre sale would be on the 12/13th maybe ??

But i'm not 100% on this . so sorry if I'm wrong .

hope you are right with those dates. that would really suit me ;D

Offline Crewboy

• Stateless
Re: Pre Sale
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 03:31:05 PM »
The way u2.com was revamped and relaunched with a "join now and get a presale code for the upcoming tour" just brings back reminders of the debacle of the Vertigo presale.

I truly hope that the the presale goes as follows:

Anybody that was an active paying member of u2.com as of November 1 2008 (before memberships were frozen and extended) gets first access to presale tickets with a 24 hour window.

Anybody that joined up on or after Feburary 23 is allowed to buy AFTER that first window expires until all presale tickets are gone.

Why a cutoff date?

To ensure that anybody that continued to pay to remain a member of u2.com in non tour years gets a fair shot at buying a ticket.  Most touts and scalpers are not going to pay to maintain a fan club membership if they're not sure there is going to be any chance of a presale ticket.

Madonna did it on her last tour just to make sure that the scalpers/touts would have limited or no access to her presales.  She went back four months prior to her tour announcment to lock out those who joined as soon as rumors of a tour surfaced.

If somebody as greedy as her can do it, why can't U2?