Author Topic: Any news of 2017 Fan Club subscribers "gift" ?  (Read 40351 times)

Offline slarb

• Babyface
Re: Any news of 2017 Fan Club subscribers "gift" ?
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2017, 12:14:32 PM »
My subscription ends in 2 days and I am on the fence about renewing.  I wasn't even able to use my code this time around and found the posters to be useless.  Am I just throwing $40 down the drain?

Out of curiosity, who has resubscribed with the "gift" remaining sight unseen?  Did you renew in the hopes that another leg of shows will be announced in the next 12 months?  What's the point?

Offline ShankAsu

• Desert Rose
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2017, 01:08:18 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My subscription ends in 2 days and I am on the fence about renewing.  I wasn't even able to use my code this time around and found the posters to be useless.  Am I just throwing $40 down the drain?

Out of curiosity, who has resubscribed with the "gift" remaining sight unseen?  Did you renew in the hopes that another leg of shows will be announced in the next 12 months?  What's the point?
mine expires next week.  i think i will probably wait until next year and select a bundle with two years of 'gifts'.  With the gift being delayed each year, they will eventually have to skip a year, so i might just skip it now.

Offline acrobat62

• Elevated
  • I'm hatching some plot, scheming some scheme
« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2017, 05:50:39 AM »
How about a pair of these?
Thanks riffy!

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2017, 06:17:22 AM »

I had really good success with the tour tickets this time so it has been good to me. Just sayin'.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2017, 08:24:29 AM »

I had really good success with the tour tickets this time so it has been good to me. Just sayin'.

Same. I subbed in January and the presale code was essential to getting GA tickets for one of the shows I wanted to go to.

It's looking like I'll be re-subbing next January if the Spring 2018 tour rumors ring true.

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2017, 11:30:20 AM »

I just renewed.  I've always had good luck with tickets through the fan club and want to keep my status as an "older" member. 

Offline redrock

• Babyface
« Reply #126 on: February 24, 2017, 06:45:16 AM »
Been a continuous member since the Propaganda days, however I thought long and hard about renewing this time around. My face is still sore after finding out members of 20+ years standing were bundled together in the pre-sales with those joining immediately prior to the JT tour announcement. Given the limited tour dates and therefore ticket availability, totally convinced this was a deliberate move simply to generate hype resulting in inflated prices in the resale market to the benefit of LN, Ticketmaster etc. Anyway, the bad taste clearly just wasn't bad enough as I finally gave in to my conscience and parted with more "hard earned cash on a rock show".
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 06:49:25 AM by redrock »

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #127 on: February 24, 2017, 08:33:02 AM »
You forgot to mention the existential despair that is associated with waiting for the gift announcement.

Offline opening night

• Stateless
« Reply #128 on: February 24, 2017, 12:27:47 PM »
I had to renew my membership today. Sure I did. The next present can't get worse than the last one, these stinky pictures I threw into the basement.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 12:59:50 AM by opening night »

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2017, 03:01:22 PM »
I had to renew my membership today. Sure I did. The next present can get worse than the last one, these stinky pictures I threw into the basement.

I haven't read one favourable comment about the gift last year, not even from the most diehard fans.  If you're paying $50 you'd expect a decent gift to show they've thought of and appreciate the fans.  I haven't seen the pictures but cannot imagine them having cost more than a dollar to produce.

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
« Reply #130 on: February 25, 2017, 12:51:05 AM »
The lithographs are beautiful and good quality. Nothing wrong with them except that I'm not 15 and don't have a room to display them.

I think they were cool items sent to the wrong people.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Offline opening night

• Stateless
« Reply #131 on: February 25, 2017, 01:01:52 AM »
I had to renew my membership today. Sure I did. The next present can get worse than the last one, these stinky pictures I threw into the basement.

I haven't read one favourable comment about the gift last year, not even from the most diehard fans.  If you're paying $50 you'd expect a decent gift to show they've thought of and appreciate the fans.  I haven't seen the pictures but cannot imagine them having cost more than a dollar to produce.

It's only 40 Dollars to renew your membership. That's 10 bucks added to every u2 ticket in the presale - not a bad deal.

Offline ShankAsu

• Desert Rose
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
« Reply #132 on: February 26, 2017, 02:24:40 AM »
I never thought the pre sale was worth it if that's the only reason people have a membership. I didn't use it it for I.e. And I got the tickets I wanted for the opening show. For me it's always been about the 'gift'.

Offline Smee

• Numb
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
« Reply #133 on: February 26, 2017, 10:08:46 AM »
We are nigh on 1/6th of the way thro 2017 already and STILL no mention of subscribers gift. That website is an embarrasment to the band!

Offline vertigofly40

• Wanderer
  • The world turns and we get dizzy
« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2017, 08:48:32 PM »
My renewal is coming up too.  I'm having a tough time this go around with no subscribers gift announcement.  Just feels strange to buy the renewal with no confirmation of a gift.