Author Topic: Any news of 2017 Fan Club subscribers "gift" ?  (Read 13453 times)

Offline Saint1322

• Running to Stand Still
Re: Any news of 2017 Fan Club subscribers "gift" ?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2016, 08:34:39 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've been a member for 9 years and don't recall a resubscribe call without the "gift" announced.  My guess is the fan club management don't have a clue what it should be, perhaps they ran out of ideas after this year's posters?

Is this the first time U2 has asked fans to resubscribe without divulging the "gift"?

I don't think so. You are saying you've been in for 9 years, and I got back to Propaganda, so we've both been at this a while, but I could swear there have been several times in recent years they have asked for renewals before announcing the the exclusive. I say exclusive now, because it isn't a gift if you are paying for it.

Of course, this year they know that everyone knows an album in coming in the next 6 months with a tour to follow, and we are all paying $50 to get cheap GA floors. They could offer a set of commemorative stamps as the 'gift' this year and we'd have no choice other than to lap it up due to the impending tour.

Offline bass slap

• Numb
  • Hot as a hair dryer.. In your face!
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2016, 09:40:41 AM »
I've been a member for 9 years and don't recall a resubscribe call without the "gift" announced.  My guess is the fan club management don't have a clue what it should be, perhaps they ran out of ideas after this year's posters?

Is this the first time U2 has asked fans to resubscribe without divulging the "gift"?

I don't think so. You are saying you've been in for 9 years, and I got back to Propaganda, so we've both been at this a while, but I could swear there have been several times in recent years they have asked for renewals before announcing the the exclusive. I say exclusive now, because it isn't a gift if you are paying for it.

Of course, this year they know that everyone knows an album in coming in the next 6 months with a tour to follow, and we are all paying $50 to get cheap GA floors. They could offer a set of commemorative stamps as the 'gift' this year and we'd have no choice other than to lap it up due to the impending tour.

There's always a choice. I have never had membership and watched them every tour since pop excluding all that you can't leave behind tour. Never  problems getting good tickets. How much cheaper are GA with membership? I'm guessing its not the difference of membership price or more..

Offline Giga Razor

• Stateless
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2016, 02:58:39 PM »

There's always a choice. I have never had membership and watched them every tour since pop excluding all that you can't leave behind tour. Never  problems getting good tickets. How much cheaper are GA with membership? I'm guessing its not the difference of membership price or more..
It's more about the bragging right's being able to tell fellow fans how you got GA tickets before anyone else :o ,everything on that site is available elsewhere the only thing it has going for it is the gifts ,U22,Go home CD,From the ground up with Edge's picks were all pretty dam cool ,interesting they are not revealing the new gift for 2017 maybe a tie in with the new album might be a better way than forcing it to the great unwashed via Apple.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2016, 05:40:45 PM »

never paid any membership and have got any tickets i wanted and spares to make a few quid on every tour from zooropa on....

Offline dwaltman

• Numb
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2016, 10:20:57 AM »
So this image is on u2.com and I have all these membership gifts except the one circled and I've been a member since u2.com went live.  When did I miss this gift and what was it, exactly?

Offline judgesmails

• Wanderer
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2016, 10:48:34 AM »
So this image is on u2.com and I have all these membership gifts except the one circled and I've been a member since u2.com went live.  When did I miss this gift and what was it, exactly?

Released December 2006.  Within the last couple of years they also offered "unsold" (for lack of a better word) copies of this as an optional add-on to the resubscription package.

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • Master of the Snippet
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2017, 04:45:45 PM »
The subscriptions are now for sale but the gift hasn't been announced. Expect maybe Jan 9.

Offline tigerfan41

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2017, 05:46:57 PM »
Well, I've subscribed for the first time since 2009. Hopefully it's worth it.

Offline JTNash

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2017, 06:34:30 PM »
ha ha I did too got enough emails I was like what the heck why not, maybe they will tour

Offline il_capo

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2017, 05:03:27 AM »

If it's an arena tour I think being in the fan club will help you, but I don't think you'll need it for stadium tickets. 

Also be aware that for the SoI tour they rewarded long-term subscribers with earlier access to the presale.  That said I got the tickets I wanted outside of the presale/fan club but perhaps that is because they played so many shows in my city (6).

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
  • I'm not coming down
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2017, 07:42:39 AM »
I never even got my gift from last year, then I was told that if I resubscribe I'll get it. If it weren't for the presale tickets I wouldn't even bother with the membership. You can even find the gifts for sale on Amazon and eBay if you really want them.

Offline dwaltman

• Numb
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2017, 08:49:48 AM »
I totally get the push-on the membership.  For me, a member every year since U2.com went live, it gives me the peace of mind that I'll be able to get a couple of tickets where and when I want.  I usually end up going to more shows and getting tickets on the general sale and I've been pretty successful.  I'm in the first tier now and I'm not going to give it up.  I usually take one special trip and I like knowing that if I want to travel to the tour opener or closer, or a city that I've never been that I will be able to get tix.

I have been shut of shows for other artists that I've wanted to see.....Springsteen in my hometown last year comes to mind.

While the other membership merchandise has been up/down, I enjoy most of them too. I like the book and the early concerts.  They could definitely add more live content for members to access/download. 

Offline yashob100

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2017, 02:05:28 PM »
I checked Order Status and the shipping method is UPS Mail Innovations with ship date as Jan 12th?  ???

Offline TheFlyMacphisto

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2017, 09:30:03 PM »
The 2017 gift better be better than the awful SERIGRAPH SET.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 09:35:22 PM by TheFlyMacphisto »

Offline Aprilshack

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2017, 12:13:03 AM »
The 2017 gift better be better than the awful SERIGRAPH SET.

Mine has been in it's tube for months, unopened. I took it out at the weekend. They are really quite nice but i don't have room on my walls for them so gifts like that are pointless for me really.