Author Topic: Any news of 2017 Fan Club subscribers "gift" ?  (Read 40306 times)

Offline andrewau2

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Smack in the centre of contradiction = place to be
Re: Any news of 2017 Fan Club subscribers "gift" ?
« Reply #195 on: April 23, 2017, 06:51:36 PM »
How about the booklet/fanzine with the orange cover called "U2 Everything From Desert Springs" that came free with only 1500 out of the 7000 copies of the vinyl record for "Red Hill Mining Town" ?

They were free, but are now going for over $100 on eBay.

Offline Marvinho

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #196 on: April 24, 2017, 01:25:17 AM »
How about the live album from the super duper uber deluxe box set of the Joshua Tree re-re-re-reissue? Save us forking out for the album again?!

Offline jrodr079

• Refugee
« Reply #197 on: April 24, 2017, 06:08:56 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
How about the booklet/fanzine with the orange cover called "U2 Everything From Desert Springs" that came free with only 1500 out of the 7000 copies of the vinyl record for "Red Hill Mining Town" ?

It is a cheap magazine. Dont believe the hype about them being a cool collectible. You can have mine if you want.

Offline Aprilshack

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #198 on: April 24, 2017, 07:03:41 AM »

It is a cheap magazine. Dont believe the hype about them being a cool collectible. You can have mine if you want.

I wouldn't mind if they gave them away as part of the fan club gift! I'm not paying silly ebay prices...

Offline Marvinho

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #199 on: April 24, 2017, 10:47:27 AM »

If you are seriously happy to part with it I'd love it!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 02:04:33 PM by Marvinho »

Spacejunk69

« Reply #200 on: April 24, 2017, 11:50:33 AM »
Yes, agree with some on here. U2 should absolutely give away the RHMT picture disc & the booklet - to the subscribers.

Offline jrodr079

• Refugee
« Reply #201 on: April 24, 2017, 12:38:54 PM »
Yes, agree with some on here. U2 should absolutely give away the RHMT picture disc & the booklet - to the subscribers.

Guys, for those that didn't get the booklet, its the quality of your mailbox weekly coupon magazine. It would be a very disappointing gift.

The U2 marketing team created the illusion of scarcity by only printing 1500 copies, so of course fans want in. But its seriously a mediocre commodity. Im keeping it just because... but trust me. Ain't missing much.

(Wonder what else U2 can get away with by creating fake scarcity)

Offline Mozz

• Babyface
« Reply #202 on: April 24, 2017, 01:42:18 PM »
Considering everything this year is JT related, I would have guessed a live album but there's one already coming in the box set. Doubt they'd double down on that. Unless they compile a few of the first few shows into a "new" live album?

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #203 on: April 25, 2017, 08:38:48 PM »
The new gift is a sand timer with sand from the Nevada desert.

You turn it upside down and wait for next year's gift.

Offline Nanda360

• Refugee
  • slow down child let me untie your lace
« Reply #204 on: May 03, 2017, 05:48:00 PM »
Seriously, am I the only one not very happy with this 'The Joshua Tree Singles Vinyl Collection: 1987 & 2017'? Perhaps I'm going to frame the albums covers and hang them on the living room wall. I think it's going to be really cool (no kidding). But about the vinyls themselves, I'll have to buy an appropriate device to play them. I really do not know how to do it. Do they think that every U2 fan are old enough to have this kind of gadget?

Further discussions on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Spacejunk69

« Reply #205 on: May 03, 2017, 06:02:00 PM »
Seriously, am I the only one not very happy with this 'The Joshua Tree Singles Vinyl Collection: 1987 & 2017'? Perhaps I'm going to frame the albums covers and hang them on the living room wall. I think it's going to be really cool (no kidding). But about the vinyls themselves, I'll have to buy an appropriate device to play them. I really do not know how to do it. Do they think that every U2 fan are old enough to have this kind of gadget?

Why play them? Keep them wrapped up as collectors items. You must have at least 253 versions of the 4 recorded songs already, and you will be able to hear the live versions about 72 times (how many shows are they doing?) over the coming month or two.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #206 on: May 03, 2017, 07:07:34 PM »
Anyone know if the songs will be available via download?

At any rate, pretty sure I'll be selling mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
« Reply #207 on: May 04, 2017, 01:05:09 AM »
Love. This.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Cool collector item and new live music. If you don't like it, I don't know what you'll like...

Offline patjoller

• Babyface
« Reply #208 on: May 04, 2017, 03:27:34 AM »

That's the problem with comments like this.... non sense at all. You have to be at least 50 to listen to vinyls? Next time go and check in any record store you may find around your place and you'll see that it is a medium that is also enjoyed by young people these days and they will probably tell you that CD is old-fashioned. As a collector item (which is also a purpose of the fan club gift) it is well done and can't wait to have it... not just to frame a bunch of covers. I hope the next one will be a CD so you can also enjoy them, but we had tons in the beginning and this one is totally in line with what's happening now (have you heard about RSD by the way?)

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #209 on: May 04, 2017, 07:04:03 AM »
Love. This.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Cool collector item and new live music. If you don't like it, I don't know what you'll like...

Yes, I think this is a thoughtful "gift" for fan club subscribers.  Certainly a better effort than the posters they put out last year.   If people don't have record players maybe u2.com will send them mp3s as well as the vinyl, but the vinyl itself looks nice.