Author Topic: Any news of 2017 Fan Club subscribers "gift" ?  (Read 34158 times)

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NYC 3, Belfast 1,2
Re: Any news of 2017 Fan Club subscribers "gift" ?
« Reply #225 on: May 05, 2017, 07:57:37 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I welcome this one although they should really release One Tree Hill too no? There were 5 singles after all.

I have a strong U2 vinyl collection so I can't wait to get these collectors items!

In God's Country and One Tree Hill had the same cover... and there's only 4 band members, you know ;-)

They could have put a brooding photo of "5th member of the band", Paul McGuiness on the front of the final single:

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

An Tha is the 5th member.

Offline shorne

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Two crap albums in a row and we're done...
« Reply #226 on: May 14, 2017, 08:13:29 AM »
Still haven't received what I paid for... in... 2014.  Ummmm... yeah... If U2.com could send me my gift... that'd be greaaaaaaattttttt... didja get that e-mail... yeahhhhhh.... I'll just make sure you get another copy of that e-mail.... kay?  yeah Kay.

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
Any news of 2017 Fan Club subscribers "gift" ?
« Reply #227 on: May 14, 2017, 12:20:53 PM »
They replace every gift you don't get. I've done this at least 3 times where they had sent me the previous gift a second time. Ended up with a few doubles.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Offline Dono

• Refugee
  • If I could, I would.....
« Reply #228 on: January 17, 2018, 03:11:40 PM »
Anyone ever get their Josh Tree singles gift?

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NYC 3, Belfast 1,2
« Reply #229 on: January 17, 2018, 03:15:02 PM »
I did, it's great.

Offline patjoller

• Babyface
« Reply #230 on: January 18, 2018, 01:34:33 AM »
Received it too... and they sent it to me twice!!!!!

Offline Dono

• Refugee
« Reply #231 on: January 18, 2018, 10:14:01 AM »
Received it too... and they sent it to me twice!!!!!

You must have gotten mine then! U2.com said it shipped on 27th Nov but never arrived. Wrap it up carefully, and stick it in the post for next day secured courier. And include your pre-sale code or tickets, whichever is easier.

Offline patjoller

• Babyface
« Reply #232 on: January 20, 2018, 01:24:52 AM »
You must have gotten mine then! U2.com said it shipped on 27th Nov but never arrived. Wrap it up carefully, and stick it in the post for next day secured courier. And include your pre-sale code or tickets, whichever is easier.
I would do it for you but.... I already used my pre sale code on thursday. Sorry.

Offline jono2u

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • "i was born to sing for you"
« Reply #233 on: January 20, 2018, 08:54:34 AM »
Still waiting and renewed in April last year - just not good enough

Offline GFY

• Wanderer
« Reply #234 on: January 22, 2018, 01:37:25 PM »
Emailed U2.com last week as I still haven't received anything from a year ago. Here's the reply:

Thank you for contacting us. We apologize for the delay in replying to your email. We will be glad to assist you today. We are sorry to hear that you have yet to receive the merchandise associated your fan club membership. Following dispatch of initial orders, there were unexpected delays in production of the four 10” discs which form the new limited edition collection The Joshua Tree Singles Vinyl Collection: 1987 & 2017. Production is now underway again and dispatch of the gift will begin again in early February 2018. We’ll email you as soon as your copy hits the post so that you know when to expect it. Once merchandise does ship, it will be sent to the address on file. 

Offline ericmwhite

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #235 on: January 23, 2018, 08:04:55 AM »
As a paid member of U2.com since early on in the Propaganda days, this has been a disappointing experience that I fear is becoming the norm rather than the exception. I simply did not receive the gift two years ago and after a frustrating email exchange U2.com support I just gave up.

First, I don't understand why this is described as a gift. It is not a gift. It was a product included as a component of a financial transaction.

Secondly, I cannot think of any other company that delayed shipment of a product by months due to a "production problem" that did not proactively reach out to alert customers who had paid for the product in advance.

As a customer of a huge organization, I know am one person that doesn't matter to the success of that organization. With U2, I'm not accustomed to feeling that way.

Offline jono2u

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • "i was born to sing for you"
« Reply #236 on: February 18, 2018, 06:20:44 AM »
10 months on since re-subscribing and still waiting on the gift - the poorest service i have ever experienced.

Offline Jswallow

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #237 on: February 18, 2018, 06:28:52 AM »
My subriptions due in 2 weeks & i still havnt received it ...don't fancy renewing to be honest

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Offline KJWarnock82

• Stranger in a Strange Land
  • Your love was a lightbulb hanging over my bed
« Reply #238 on: February 18, 2018, 08:25:51 AM »
10 months on since re-subscribing and still waiting on the gift - the poorest service i have ever experienced.
14 months here. I've renewed for 2018 as well. Not a dickie bird.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Offline Dono

• Refugee
« Reply #239 on: February 18, 2018, 01:50:05 PM »
Emailed U2.com last week as I still haven't received anything from a year ago. Here's the reply:

Thank you for contacting us. We apologize for the delay in replying to your email. We will be glad to assist you today. We are sorry to hear that you have yet to receive the merchandise associated your fan club membership. Following dispatch of initial orders, there were unexpected delays in production of the four 10” discs which form the new limited edition collection The Joshua Tree Singles Vinyl Collection: 1987 & 2017. Production is now underway again and dispatch of the gift will begin again in early February 2018. We’ll email you as soon as your copy hits the post so that you know when to expect it. Once merchandise does ship, it will be sent to the address on file.

This statement is now up on the help page. Could be down to you GFY. Thank you.