Author Topic: Zooropa intro  (Read 666 times)

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
Zooropa intro
« on: December 23, 2016, 03:47:44 PM »
Over the first minute and half there's some radio frequency type noise looped in the background ... Has anyone figured out what it's saying?

I think it sounds something like "Underneath these sounds communist noise is translated"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
Re: Zooropa intro
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 12:20:06 PM »
Interesting! Really

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 12:33:41 PM »
I've tried to listening to it, but it's pretty hard. It looks like a periodic (periods of approx. 1 second) noise, and at the end it gets louder. But I can't hear it.

Offline fresno dave

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • "You wanted violins.." about.me/davewainscott
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 10:44:20 PM »
here's an earlier thread on this question:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 02:11:50 AM »
Cheers ... someone else in that thread has also heard the word 'translate' ... most people can only hear the woman's voice and the 'What do you want?' ... that's not what I'm talking about.

I have a FLAC player and studio headphones and I can turn the intro up really loud. I've been listening to this song for nearly 25 years and it's the first time I've noticed it.

Through the static/white noise
I'm certain I can hear the word 'Translated' the other words I'm not too sure about but they have the same amount of syllables as

"Underneath these sounds communist noise is translated" and whatever the sentence is it gets repeated over and over.

The word communist would have been relevant around the time of Zooropa being recorded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk