Poll

Perhaps they'll play the entire album, but which one do you want to hear the most?

Where the Streets Have No Name
13 (3.9%)
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
2 (0.6%)
With or Without You
2 (0.6%)
Bullet the Blue Sky
4 (1.2%)
Running to Stand Still
45 (13.4%)
Red Hill Mining Town
67 (20%)
In God's Country
28 (8.4%)
Trip Through Your Wires
15 (4.5%)
One Tree Hill
50 (14.9%)
Exit
90 (26.9%)
Mothers of the Disappeared
19 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 229

Author Topic: Which Joshua Tree song do you most want to hear on the new tour?  (Read 3335 times)

Offline Marwood

• Babyface
Re: Which Joshua Tree song do you most want to hear on the new tour?
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2017, 04:17:58 AM »
Exit

Offline il_capo

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2017, 07:25:17 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Luminous Times would be a nice one to hear live.
yes...ah, man, I have to get away from this for awhile...I can't go, and it's breaking my heart!
Everyone who is going...ENJOY IT !!!

riffraff - I am really sorry to hear this.  Is there no chance at all you can go to a show?  Are they all too far from where you live?  It'll be worth it so do pull out all the stops to go! 

Online riffraff

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Hold on to love, love won't let you go...
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2017, 07:36:37 AM »
yes...ah, man, I have to get away from this for awhile...I can't go, and it's breaking my heart!

riffraff - I am really sorry to hear this.  Is there no chance at all you can go to a show?  Are they all too far from where you live?  It'll be worth it so do pull out all the stops to go!
Thanks, il capo...I haven't completely given up, but things are looking pretty dismal. It's okay.
I'll follow the tour on youtube...buy the dvd later on. Really, it's okay. Sniff sniff (kidding!) I AM really upset, but this is NOT the worst thing that's ever happened to me.  I will survive and live another year,  to wait for the SOE tour...and that tour had damned well better happen!

Offline il_capo

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2017, 08:36:32 AM »

Thanks, il capo...I haven't completely given up, but things are looking pretty dismal. It's okay.
I'll follow the tour on youtube...buy the dvd later on. Really, it's okay. Sniff sniff (kidding!) I AM really upset, but this is NOT the worst thing that's ever happened to me.  I will survive and live another year,  to wait for the SOE tour...and that tour had damned well better happen!

I think you're a member of u2.com?  If so the presale runs a little while longer so you should be able to get some nice tickets if you can get transport and accommodation for the gig? 

But you're right, it's only a rock concert and missing out isn't the end of the world.  Particularly as these concerts are in a stadium and about looking back rather than playing the new stuff that drives them.  Just make sure if you don't go to this that you are in attendance at a SoE show!

Online riffraff

« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2017, 08:38:56 AM »

I think you're a member of u2.com?  If so the presale runs a little while longer so you should be able to get some nice tickets if you can get transport and accommodation for the gig? 

But you're right, it's only a rock concert and missing out isn't the end of the world.  Particularly as these concerts are in a stadium and about looking back rather than playing the new stuff that drives them.  Just make sure if you don't go to this that you are in attendance at a SoE show!
No, I'm not a member of u2.com...couldn't really justify the cost...even if it would be worth it. And, yeah, I'd much rather see an arena show, but REALLY wanted TJT 2017 experience. It's okay...SOE will happen. Thanks!

Offline il_capo

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2017, 08:57:47 AM »

No, I'm not a member of u2.com...couldn't really justify the cost...even if it would be worth it. And, yeah, I'd much rather see an arena show, but REALLY wanted TJT 2017 experience. It's okay...SOE will happen. Thanks!

I'm with you on the cost of u2.com.  I think we'll all do okay in the general sale as long as we try and buy at 9am!   

TJT was something they did 30 years ago.  I'll go as it'll be interesting to reflect on how they've changed, I've changed, and how good or not the material still sounds 3 decades on, but I'd rather be going to a SoE show in an arena.

Offline NickMidgley

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2017, 09:10:12 AM »
I think Bullet the Blue Sky will be particularly resonant and potent this time around.

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2017, 09:58:38 AM »

I'm with you on the cost of u2.com.  I think we'll all do okay in the general sale as long as we try and buy at 9am!   

TJT was something they did 30 years ago.  I'll go as it'll be interesting to reflect on how they've changed, I've changed, and how good or not the material still sounds 3 decades on, but I'd rather be going to a SoE show in an arena.
Hang on Riffey, there's an Arena tour with your name on it in future!

Online riffraff

« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2017, 11:11:28 AM »

Hang on Riffey, there's an Arena tour with your name on it in future!
"I'm hanging on!"
 (I can't believe they're going to play RHMT and I'm going to miss it!) aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh
ok, I'll stop now...

Offline tofubeast

• Babyface
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2017, 12:16:52 PM »
Pretty much Side Two of the vinyl record.

Offline Passenger84

• Wanderer
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2017, 12:26:55 PM »
If they do Luminous Times, I'll die. Also super looking forward to Mothers and In God's Country (just love that song, don't know why), and guessing they'll be pretty passionate during Bullet judging from what they said leading up to the tour.

Offline Droo

• don't expect, suggest
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2017, 01:21:19 PM »
Red Hill Mining Town and Running To Stand Still.

I hope RTSS has the pretty electric guitar part from ZooTV.

Offline andrewau2

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Smack in the centre of contradiction = place to be
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2017, 07:36:14 PM »
I think the fact that Exit is beating Red Hill is indicative of how fans love it when U2 rock out. 

It seems that U2 rarely does so any more and has fewer guitar heavy albums. 

Hopefully Songs of Experience has many rocking songs with lots of guitar in the forefront (and not many sappy pop songs.)

Offline chiso

• Stateless
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2017, 08:33:49 PM »
I've been dreaming of hearing "Exit" since the first time I heard The Joshua Tree  (in the 90s).

Offline andrewau2

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Smack in the centre of contradiction = place to be
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2017, 10:04:33 AM »
I've been dreaming of hearing "Exit" since the first time I heard The Joshua Tree  (in the 90s).

Well it's close, but Exit is beating Red Hill Mining Town!