Author Topic: Los Angeles city/venue details  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Achtungbaby23

• Headache in a Suitcase
Los Angeles city/venue details
« on: January 09, 2017, 06:22:05 PM »
For those traveling to Pasadena, I just booked our room at the Arcadia Hampton Inn. It's a great price at $139  per night. Jump on it before the price goes up. If you book, let me know. Let's meet up for a drink!  Btw- we stayed at this hotel in June last year for a graduation. It's a decent hotel and breakfast is included. We paid closer to $200 per night then.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline EducateMyMind

• Babyface
Re: Los Angeles city/venue details
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 11:29:26 PM »
How far is this from the stadium?

Offline EducateMyMind

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 12:00:26 AM »
I just found this one. Decent reviews, and it has a web special for under $100.

Edit: The link would be nice. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 01:14:24 PM by EducateMyMind »

Offline Achtungbaby23

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 05:40:26 AM »
How far is this from the stadium?
It's 10 miles

Offline kevin

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 12:41:46 PM »
I just checked the Hampton Inn (via the link provided) and, apparently, there are no more rooms available.  But I do have a question for you, EMM.  Have you seen any stadium shows there at the Rose Bowl?  As I think I mentioned in another thread, I saw U2 at Soldier Field (Chicago) in '09 and at Spartan Stadium (East Lansing, MI) in '10.  The show at the latter was far superior due, IMHO, to the smaller feel of the latter stadium. (The actual seating capacity of the latter is greater than that of the former; but, the architecture of Spartan Stadium made it "feel" much smaller than that of Soldier Field.  If you have experience seeing U2 or others in multiple stadiums (or stadia), including the Rose Bowl, would you share with me your experience at the RB as compared to other places?  I'm considering seeing TJT in both Chicago and Pasadena this summer.

Offline EducateMyMind

• Babyface
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 01:13:46 PM »
I just checked the Hampton Inn (via the link provided) and, apparently, there are no more rooms available.  But I do have a question for you, EMM.  Have you seen any stadium shows there at the Rose Bowl?  As I think I mentioned in another thread, I saw U2 at Soldier Field (Chicago) in '09 and at Spartan Stadium (East Lansing, MI) in '10.  The show at the latter was far superior due, IMHO, to the smaller feel of the latter stadium. (The actual seating capacity of the latter is greater than that of the former; but, the architecture of Spartan Stadium made it "feel" much smaller than that of Soldier Field.  If you have experience seeing U2 or others in multiple stadiums (or stadia), including the Rose Bowl, would you share with me your experience at the RB as compared to other places?  I'm considering seeing TJT in both Chicago and Pasadena this summer.

This will be my first time at the Rose Bowl. The only stadium I've seen them at was the Sam Boyd in Las Vegas. I was in GA, so I don't have a lot to say about the overall feeling of the stadium. I'll probably be getting seats since I'll be bringing my family this time.

Offline Achtungbaby23

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 04:37:51 PM »
Try booking through TripAdvisor which books through booking.com. It says there are still rooms for the Hampton Inn

Waffles

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 04:56:45 PM »

It's open so the sound isn't hitting the walls and reflecting as much as say a soccer stadium. It's not exactly intimate, but it's not the worlds biggest stadium either. Online, it looks huge, but from experience, it's all not too big no matter where you sit. The soundboard is at the opposite side of the stage and that's where the sound is the best

Angel stadium was small but the seats went really high (a lot higher than the claw). Rose bowls seats aren't that high up...

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 09:06:29 PM »
If you have questions that are specific to this city or venue, please ask them in here and other forum members will do their best to help. This is a great place to share information about places to stay or eat, as well as how different venues are handling the GA lineup -- things like that.

If you have general tour-related questions, please use the main TOURS board. If you're looking to buy/sell/trade tickets at face value, please use the Tickets Buy/Sell/Trade board.

Offline ange28

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 06:03:48 AM »
Would love to be in GA but with 4 knee surgeries guess a seat will be a better experience for me.

Offline coach

• Babyface
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 10:48:00 AM »
Anyone have the specific Price Ranges and/or Sections for East and West Stands for the Rose Bowl, I can see on the TM page that the range is 30 - 280, but that's not specific at all.

Offline EducateMyMind

• Babyface
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 11:30:48 AM »
Anyone have the specific Price Ranges and/or Sections for East and West Stands for the Rose Bowl, I can see on the TM page that the range is 30 - 280, but that's not specific at all.

I can't do GA this time, and I wish I had known the price options ahead of time. I almost lost tickets trying to decide how much to spend. For Los Angeles, prices before fees are $35, 70, 100, 155, 280. GAs are $70.

The website on my desktop started to come back with nothing after a few tries, but I got tickets through the ticketmaster app. There are still tickets available, but I think GAs are gone for this round.

Offline therossman

• Babyface
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2017, 12:28:06 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Rose Bowl U2 event page:

Rose Bowl parking page:

Rose Bowl public transportation page:

@U2 Tours event page:

U2.com event page:

Rose Bowl on Google Maps:

Waffles

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2017, 04:19:16 PM »

I can't do GA this time, and I wish I had known the price options ahead of time. I almost lost tickets trying to decide how much to spend. For Los Angeles, prices before fees are $35, 70, 100, 155, 280. GAs are $70.

The website on my desktop started to come back with nothing after a few tries, but I got tickets through the ticketmaster app. There are still tickets available, but I think GAs are gone for this round.

Seats are great and reasonably priced!

Offline EducateMyMind

• Babyface
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2017, 05:35:01 PM »

Seats are great and reasonably priced!

I'm bringing my 6-year old daughter, so no GA for me this time. I got the cheap seats and just hope to enjoy the show with my family.