Author Topic: Los Angeles city/venue details  (Read 3250 times)

Offline bad1970

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Los Angeles city/venue details
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2017, 11:29:19 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I can't seem to find the right thread--anyone know details on the GA line in Pasadena for the May 20th show?  Pre-line location?  Time?  Handing out wristbands?

You're in the right thread. They haven't released any news yet. Patience

Fantastic! Thank you!

Offline MASTER YODA

• Child of Grace
  • Patriots 2017!!!
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2017, 11:42:30 PM »
Parking is $40...seriously??

Offline monopoly

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2017, 11:47:27 PM »

It'll be more expensive the day of the show. Does buying it now guarantee a spot?

Offline dublinireland

• Wanderer
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2017, 12:38:56 AM »

consider yourself lucky, parking is $50 here!

Offline EducateMyMind

• Babyface
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2017, 11:04:53 AM »
Email sent out yesterday from the Rose Bowl:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: U2 Concert - Saturday, May 20th
View this email in your browser

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
U2: THE JOSHUA TREE TOUR
SATURDAY, MAY 20TH AT 6:30 PM

This will be a sold out concert. Due to the large attendance expected, it is STRONGLY urged that attendees arrive prior to 4:30 PM, and carpool or take public transportation.

Not only will arriving early minimize your travel time and reduce the distance you will have to walk to get into the stadium, we have exciting pre-concert activities planned. Open to ticket holders and public alike starting at 3:00 PM, "Picnic In The Park" will give you the opportunity to relax and socialize with your friends at the Rose Bowl Stadium before the show, in Area H. There will be music, interactive activities, a beer garden and food & beverage stations available for all fans to enjoy what promises to be a great pre-concert event.
In addition to arriving early, please plan for extended bag check and security lines before entering the Rose Bowl Stadium, which follows the NFL stadium guidelines of a clear bag policy. This policy requires 12" x 6" x 12" clear bags for entry otherwise the bag must be 4.25" x 6.25" (clutch size - with or without strap acceptable).

Please click here for complete list of stadium rules and prohibited items for entry.

All parking lots at the Rose Bowl Stadium will open four (4) hours prior to the beginning of the concert, at 2:30 PM. Please see parking details, below:

GENERAL PARKING
Parking passes in Brookside Park and Golf Course are sold by the Rose Bowl Stadium on event day, for $40 per car. Parking is also available for pre-purchase online here.

PREFERRED PARKING
Preferred Parking is available for pre-purchase here for $60. Preferred Parking will also be sold by the Rose Bowl Stadium on event day, for $80 per car. Spaces are limited.

RV and LIMO PARKING
RV and Limo parking is available day of event only, for $160 on West Drive.

ADA PARKING
ADA parking is available immediately adjacent to the Rose Bowl, and vehicles must display a valid State of California handicapped placard and registration upon entering these lots.

SHUTTLE
There is a public shuttle that provides transportation from Old Pasadena to the Rose Bowl Stadium. You can purchase in advance a $5 round trip shuttle pass, per person, here. The round-trip shuttle pass is also available on event day, for $10 per person.

RIDE SHARE
There will be a rideshare parking lot adjacent to the stadium, located on Area H. It should be recognized that in the past the rideshare demand had exceeded the supply thus resulting in a less than enjoyable experience. We are dedicated to doing all we can to provide a smooth event experience, but wanted to make sure that you were aware of some potential challenges.

BIKE VALET
The Rose Bowl Stadium will be offering a bike valet, new this events season, in the north tip of Lot I for patrons who would like to ride a bike to the event. At this time, the service is free.

PARKING LOT POLICIES
Overnight parking is prohibited in all lots.
Parking lots close 90 minutes following the conclusion of the event.
Parking is first-come, first-served. No saving of parking spaces is permitted.
In and out privileges are not allowed.

For more event-specific details, please click here.

Copyright 2017 Rose Bowl Stadium
Our mailing address is:
1001 Rose Bowl Drive, Pasadena

Offline MASTER YODA

• Child of Grace
  • Patriots 2017!!!
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2017, 02:49:55 PM »
Thank you the shuttle will be worth it

Offline WrathDragon

« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2017, 06:42:08 PM »
My wife and I will not be arriving until a little later Friday morning, but I was wondering if (if/when the line list has started) our friend who will already be there can get all three of us numbers for the GA line? And right after she picks us up from the airport can we come to the line and verify and get our numbers? Am I making sense?

Offline monopoly

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2017, 06:48:55 PM »
My wife and I will not be arriving until a little later Friday morning, but I was wondering if (if/when the line list has started) our friend who will already be there can get all three of us numbers for the GA line? And right after she picks us up from the airport can we come to the line and verify and get our numbers? Am I making sense?

Wait until official rules are made regarding GA rules. It's unknown as of right now. But to answer your question, no, everyone must be present

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • Dublin, Chicago 1, Toronto
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2017, 10:00:18 PM »
Anyone know anything about Union Station? Is there a way to leave luggage there?

Offline U2Fan

• Refugee
  • Everything in the f****** hotel is brown.
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2017, 03:52:13 AM »
Decided to rent a car, and will probably do the $40 parking.  I hear the lines for the shuttle buses after the show will be insane, but so will the traffic. No good options.

Offline lissie

« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2017, 02:03:48 PM »
Just trying to work out some logistics, as I've never been to the Rose Bowl before. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
1. A family member (not going to the show) is going to be dropping me off and picking me up. What I'm concerned about is after the show. Currently our plans are to take the shuttle to Old Pasadena and meeting up somewhere in that vicinity. (They won't be parking at the lot there.) I know it's going to be a nightmare either way, but if there's any better ways to be picked up, advice would be appreciated.
2. I know no official GA info is available yet, but can anyone give any info as to where the early morning/"unofficial" GA line is generally held at the Rose Bowl? The grounds look huge, and I don't want to be lost wandering around, lol. Also, I know this is dependent on who is organizing the line, but do you think it's possible for me to put my name down the night before, and checking in again in the early morning? (by which I mean like 3-4 AM, so I'm not trying to not do my time. Hopefully what I mean is coming across.)

Thanks again in advance. :) 6 more days!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 02:06:33 PM by lissie »

Offline Loof

Rose Bowl Shuttle
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2017, 12:24:39 PM »
Hey guys,
I will be attending the second night at the Rose Bowl (5/21) and am wondering if any of you know about the Rose Bowl Shuttle.

When I've attended UCLA football games in the past, we would ride the Gold Line to the Memorial Park station and then get on the Rose Bowl Shuttle to get to the game.

Do any of you know if they run the shuttle for non-football events? Will it be running on Sunday night?

Thanks,
Loof

Offline andwise

• Babyface
Re: Rose Bowl Shuttle
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2017, 12:38:28 PM »
Loof,

I am attending both Rose Bowl shows this weekend and booked a roundtrip shuttle pass each night for my sister and I at $10 per person. I got an email last week from the Rose Bowl event staff, which directed me to this website: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. Shuttle passes can be purchased via the link.

Hopefully this helps. Enjoy the show!

Jason

Offline usc2k1

Re: Rose Bowl Shuttle
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2017, 03:13:17 PM »
Also trying to figure this out. I'm staying downtown - trying to decide if I should take Gold Line and then the shuttle or just drive and park in Old Town. I've walked from Old Town to the Rose Bowl before and it's not horrible, but it's been a long while.

Anyone know what the shuttle wait is like after the show? I'm worried about waiting in line all night to get back.

Offline therossman

• Wanderer
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2017, 03:55:09 PM »
The latest word received from the Rose Bowl:

---------------------------------
No, fans are not permitted to camp out overnight.
Information regarding times can be found here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  .
Please be advised on our bag policy as it is crucial that all fans adhere to the guidelines: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login .
All information regarding gate times and line areas for GA and Red Zone ticket holders will be emailed to them directly later this week. Please be looking out for these important emails.
Thank you, Rose Bowl Stadium
----------------------------------

-ross
My ATU2 Tours profile: