Author Topic: Los Angeles city/venue details  (Read 3280 times)

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • Dublin, Chicago 1, Toronto
Re: Los Angeles city/venue details
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2017, 07:18:26 PM »
There is a sharp finish at 11:00

Offline EducateMyMind

• Babyface
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2017, 07:44:43 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
From everything I have read, parking and getting in and out of the Rose Bowl is a nightmare. I'm thinking of getting an Uber to take us there and then walking a couple miles away from stadium after the show and having an uber pick us up there. Maybe the Pasadena Museum of history. I may be the only person ever to have never taken an Uber so I'm not sure-  don't they charge way high rates at big events like this?  That's why I figure walking some way out from stadium could get a better rate and more importantly miss the worst of the congestion. Anyone have any thoughts on if this sounds like a good plan? Thanks in advance!

I'm right there with you. My lack of experience with Uber pushed me to decide just to park at the Rose Bowl and deal with the mess. Walking away from the stadium before getting a ride sounds like a good idea.

Offline monopoly

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2017, 08:37:37 PM »

It's all residential around the stadium.

Offline Achtungbaby23

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2017, 09:20:38 PM »

It's all residential around the stadium.
Which means it's that much more difficult and slow to get out.

Offline Drbryant

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2017, 10:34:50 PM »
Two questions and one comment:

1. Spoke to a friend who attended the Rose Bowl game this year.  She said that it took them Over 2 hours just to get into the parking lot on the golf course.  Is the game held on New Years Day, like the parade?  Perhaps that's why it was so bad? 

2. What is "preferred parking" for $80?  Is it in a different lot that is easier to access?

What a hassle.  It's seems like it almost would have been easier to fly to another city!

Offline monopoly

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2017, 10:43:28 PM »
Two questions and one comment:

1. Spoke to a friend who attended the Rose Bowl game this year.  She said that it took them Over 2 hours just to get into the parking lot on the golf course.  Is the game held on New Years Day, like the parade?  Perhaps that's why it was so bad? 

2. What is "preferred parking" for $80?  Is it in a different lot that is easier to access?

What a hassle.  It's seems like it almost would have been easier to fly to another city!

Preferred parking is closer to the stadium than the general lot. It's also supposed to be faster to get into and out of

Offline tarbalien

« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2017, 10:11:51 AM »
From everything I have read, parking and getting in and out of the Rose Bowl is a nightmare. I'm thinking of getting an Uber to take us there and then walking a couple miles away from stadium after the show and having an uber pick us up there. Maybe the Pasadena Museum of history. I may be the only person ever to have never taken an Uber so I'm not sure-  don't they charge way high rates at big events like this?  That's why I figure walking some way out from stadium could get a better rate and more importantly miss the worst of the congestion. Anyone have any thoughts on if this sounds like a good plan? Thanks in advance!

I'm right there with you. My lack of experience with Uber pushed me to decide just to park at the Rose Bowl and deal with the mess. Walking away from the stadium before getting a ride sounds like a good idea.

I'd say if you are getting there early, Uber is a good idea, but they do have surge charges, and a Saturday night after a major event is likely going to put you there, so expect the return fare to be higher.

Offline tarbalien

Re: Rose Bowl Shuttle
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2017, 10:12:57 AM »
I took the shuttle for Coldplay a few months back. Going there was a breeze, but the line after looked nuts, so we decided to walk to the structure. Took us about 30 minutes. Not bad at all. Looks like for U2, parking will be $15 at the structure, with a $5 shuttle ticket. I'll probably be doing that for the 20th.

I'm really concerned about what time I should get there with GA tickets though. I don't need to be on the rail, but I don't want to miss The Lumineers either...

If you show up an hour before, you'll get a relatively good position and will make it in time. It's just the general crowd who make up the big mass and tend to show up later.

Excellent. That's kind of what I was figuring. I arrived to the Forum a few years ago at like 5:45 and was two people away from the rail, so I assumed with the abundance of rail real estate on this tour I'd be pretty safe. Thanks!

Offline Achtungbaby23

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2017, 06:10:08 PM »

I'd say if you are getting there early, Uber is a good idea, but they do have surge charges, and a Saturday night after a major event is likely going to put you there, so expect the return fare to be higher.
How bad is the surge pricing. We need to go 10 miles. Is it a difference of what would normally be $20 and they charge $100? An extra $20 isn't bad but I'm afraid of total gouging.

Offline tarbalien

« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2017, 08:33:36 PM »
Honestly it's kind of hard to predict. Wish I could be of more help. :/

However, if you wanted to park at the shuttle lot, it's only $15 and you have the same 30 minute walk both ways. Or pay the $5 for the shuttle ticket.

Offline monopoly

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2017, 10:02:02 PM »
Rose bowl sent out additional security information

Offline tarbalien

« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2017, 07:11:49 PM »
Anyone with floor tickets gotten an email from the Rose Bowl with info? They said it would be sent out today and I haven't gotten anything.

Offline bad1970

« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2017, 07:14:05 PM »
Haven't seen it yet.

Offline AllThoseThingsILove

• Party Girl/Boy
  • "as a ninja hits the ground..." ;)
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2017, 10:17:30 PM »
Called Rose Bowl earlier today. GA entry will be at Gate E.

I got a response to my email with the same info...

Meredith Thomas <You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login>
May 16 (3 days ago)

to me
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your inquiry. The GA Floor will only be permitted to enter the Stadium through Gate E.

Thanks!

-Meredith

Meredith Thomas
Rose Bowl Stadium | Director, External Relations

(in response to)

Reply-To:
Date: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 3:39 PM
To: Jenessa Wendland, Meredith Thomas
Subject: Rose Bowl Stadium Contact Us [#4559]

Name
Email *   
Phone Number
Event Name   U2 Joshua Tree
Event Date   Saturday, May 20, 2017
Reason for Contact *   
Question / Comment
Category *   
Parking & Directions
Comments *   What gate will GA Ticket Holders enter through?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 10:29:53 PM by AllThoseThingsILove »

Offline AllThoseThingsILove

• Party Girl/Boy
  • "as a ninja hits the ground..." ;)
« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2017, 10:26:48 PM »

They had one in Santa Clara, too... didnt work out so well ;)