Author Topic: Hello from Austin, TX  (Read 164 times)

Offline velocity1759

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Hello from Austin, TX
« on: January 10, 2017, 04:47:10 PM »
I've been keeping up with @U2 for years.  I'm not much of a writer so I hesitate to post anything.  I'm super excited about the upcoming tour.  I'm hoping a fan meet up somewhere is in my future.  Most people don't understand my connection or passion for this band.  One of the things I love about U2 being on tour is hanging put with fans in the GA line.  Cheers!

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • Master of the Snippet
Re: Hello from Austin, TX
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 09:21:23 PM »
Welcome velocity! Congrats on Texas getting two U2 shows!

Offline novalux

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 02:49:06 PM »
Hi!  I am also from Austin and have tons of music-minded friends, but none who are huge U2 fans.  I am thrilled they are playing two Texas shows.  Got to see them in LA for I&E shows. 

Offline velocity1759

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 05:35:52 PM »
I was able to meet my best friend who lives abroad in Boston for I&E.  It doesn't look like we are going to get have a show together this time.  We've been meeting for shows since the Elevation tour. Thanks for posting!

Offline MissTyriousWays

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 12:55:18 PM »
Hi Austin!  Fort Worth, here, but will soon be in your fair city in a week!  In love with U2 since War and The Unforgettable Fire. 

ps (I've always thought that the little boy on the cover of the album - mine was a tape actually - looked just like my little sister when she was mad.)