Author Topic: Brussels city/venue details  (Read 412 times)

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
Brussels city/venue details
« on: January 10, 2017, 08:59:03 PM »
If you have questions that are specific to this city or venue, please ask them in here and other forum members will do their best to help. This is a great place to share information about places to stay or eat, as well as how different venues are handling the GA lineup -- things like that.

If you have general tour-related questions, please use the main TOURS board. If you're looking to buy/sell/trade tickets at face value, please use the Tickets Buy/Sell/Trade board.

Offline therossman

• Wanderer
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
Re: Brussels city/venue details
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 10:26:19 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Stade Roi-Baudouin page:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

@U2 Tours event page:

U2.com event page:

Stade Roi-Baudouin on Google Maps:

Offline oy_vey_mama

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 02:19:23 PM »
Wondering about safety getting back to hotels after the show (I'll probably be by myself). Looking at hotels near Central Station (closer to Grand Place) or near De Brouckere (looks like more cafes, waffle, frites type places). Any advice?

Offline Kim

• Babyface
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 02:46:00 PM »
Wondering about safety getting back to hotels after the show (I'll probably be by myself). Looking at hotels near Central Station (closer to Grand Place) or near De Brouckere (looks like more cafes, waffle, frites type places). Any advice?

Don't walk to your hotel on your own. Take a cab or find someone who's going the same way. You can search booking.com for hotels near central station ("Brussel-centraal" in Dutch or "Bruxelles-central" in French).

These 2 are near the venue:

Good luck!

Offline oy_vey_mama

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 02:51:17 PM »
Thanks, Kim! I want to stay near Grand Place since I'll probably be there for a week, and may do day trips to Bruges and Antwerp, so figured proximity to the Metro at Central station would be good for getting around. If I don't find some other fans going the same way, I'll definitely cab it on show night. Other than that, I'll likely be back in my room by dark - I'm not a late night person. ;-)

Offline Lobmans

• Babyface
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 02:14:00 PM »
Thanks, Kim! I want to stay near Grand Place since I'll probably be there for a week, and may do day trips to Bruges and Antwerp, so figured proximity to the Metro at Central station would be good for getting around. If I don't find some other fans going the same way, I'll definitely cab it on show night. Other than that, I'll likely be back in my room by dark - I'm not a late night person. ;-)

U2 will (probably) also stay near Grance Place at Hotel Amigo:

About safety: Brussels isn't less safe than other world cities, despite of what people say or think about Brussels.
At least, they stayed during their last concert in Brussels (2010), and it's also the hotel where most big artist stay when they have a concert in Belgium.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 02:21:10 PM by Lobmans »

Offline Marwood

• Wanderer
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 06:48:22 AM »
I'm also assuming that if not the band, several of their crew will be staying at the Amigo (I know Coldplay I have stayed there before when they played in Brussels), I stayed there before in Christmas 2014, but looking again this year, it's the most expensive option, so I'll be staying at the Dominican instead this year, working out about 500 cheaper than the Amigo.

Obviously it depends on your budget, but the Hilton opposite the Gare Centrale is handy for both the station if you need to get to the airport, and isn't too far from the Grand Place either (I haven't stayed there as a Hilton, but went when it was Le Meridien, about 10 years ago and enjoyed it)

Offline oy_vey_mama

• Babyface
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 11:41:50 AM »
Thanks for the tips! Glad to hear Brussels isn't any more unsafe than other cities. I've lived in NYC area for large part of my adult life (incl the 80s), so am used to basic precautions.

I also stayed the Le Meridien on my previous visit (was with travel agent friends who got ridiculously cheap rate, also "free" flights from US. woohoo!). Will check out Amigo. Also been looking at Novotel, IBIS, and Carrefours (?). Nice to see rates are generally way cheaper than major US cities.

Offline Lobmans

• Babyface
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 02:18:38 AM »
As we already knew from the floorplan, Brussels will be the only show this tour where the stage will be in another direction as other shows:

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Last week Coldplay did two shows in the KB-stadium in Brussels with a similar stage setup (mainstage with a catwalk to a B-stage), so here is some footage to give you an idea how the look and "feeling" of the JT-stage will be in Brussels:
(although the catwalk of the JT-stage is shorter as Coldplay ones, so the B-stage will be more in the middle of the field I suppose)