Author Topic: Dublin city/venue details  (Read 1668 times)

Offline paddyglover

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Dublin city/venue details
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 10:44:56 AM »
Pitch 2 is closest to the stage? Sweet. I just checked my ticket and see I have Pitch 2. Didn't know what the difference was. I don't think I even chose it.

Offline Dono

• Stateless
  • If I could, I would.....
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2017, 05:44:06 AM »
They chose you. Hopefully the private line sqaud are in the other pen. That will learn them.

Offline radiofreenewport

• Babyface
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2017, 07:41:19 AM »
Hi all,
I received an email from Ticketmaster about the gates opening at 5pm, but I can't find any info on the likely start time. Any help? Thanks!

Offline K2

• Refugee
  • light my way
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2017, 09:00:13 AM »
Extra trains added after U2 concert (at last they announce this!):
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Very happy to see this announced as I am staying pretty far out of town, and topping off the concert with a $75E taxi fare would not have been fun.

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2017, 10:47:20 AM »
Has anyone got their tickets yet? I'm in the UK and haven't received them yet.I've been going to U2 concerts for 30yrs and I always hate the wait for tickets.Ticketmaster seem to enjoy stressing people out  :o

Offline david

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2017, 03:02:59 PM »
Anybody travelling from abroad should be aware that security will be enforcing a zero tolerance policy towards bags being brought into the stadium this weekend. Anything that is bigger than an A4 sheet of paper in length/width will not be allowed in. I was at a sporting event in Dublin recently where there was an attempt to enforce this and it was chaos, women were being told to dump small handbags. I was at the gig in Rome over the weekend and although security was strict they still had some bit of leniency when it came to bags. This is Ireland though so expect disorganisation and an element of chaos with everything.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 03:38:50 PM by david »

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2017, 01:39:15 AM »
Really? The security in Rome just checked the bags for large, professional cameras, didn't really bother with my passport and people moved along quickly.Security were thorough but no bags were confiscated.   
I'm only staying for one night in Dublin so the bag situation won't bother me.Women being targeted for extra security checks makes no sense whatsoever.We just need extra stuff! Seems a bit over the top, if you ask me.

I'm sitting here waiting for the postman--still no tickets  :(

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2017, 02:25:41 AM »
Okay, great news.I've just been on the phone with Ticketmaster.ie and the collectors ticket on the lanyard IS the concert ticket.My order history on TM still states that my tickets are on their way---very confusing as I thought the lanyard tickets were just a souvenir.I can relax now  ::)

Offline Gavin82

• Refugee
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2017, 03:22:01 AM »
The collector tixs have a barcode on the back with your seat numbers etc

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2017, 10:35:34 AM »
The collector tixs have a barcode on the back with your seat numbers etc

Yes, but TM were still sending me e-mails stating that they would let me know when my tickets would be on their way.That's why me, and many others according to the woman I spoke to at TM customer services in Ireland, were confused.That's why lots of people thought it was a souvenir instead of a 'real' ticket.I've been going to concerts since 1978 and there doesn't have to be such confusion in getting concert tickets but TM seem to excel at it  ;)

Offline mmcallahan

• Babyface
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2017, 01:38:55 PM »
So, I've got this ridiculous clear, plastic purse that I used for the US stadium shows but I also have a small somewhat more normal looking black travel purse that holds some $$, credit cards, phone, & passport.  Would I be ok using the black travel purse?   I'm a bit concerned walking back to the hotel with a clear purse (basically announcing to the world what I have).   I'm one of those who carries too much for pockets...  🙄😊

Offline mmcallahan

• Babyface
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2017, 01:40:19 PM »
Ps - I'm not sure the size of an A4 sheet is... 

Offline david

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2017, 03:18:16 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So, I've got this ridiculous clear, plastic purse that I used for the US stadium shows but I also have a small somewhat more normal looking black travel purse that holds some $$, credit cards, phone, & passport.  Would I be ok using the black travel purse?   I'm a bit concerned walking back to the hotel with a clear purse (basically announcing to the world what I have).   I'm one of those who carries too much for pockets...  🙄😊

I think you would be okay with the black purse, I think it is only bags which they will not allow in. Having said that I am sure you would be okay with the clear one too as they usually have loads of extra Gardai around on the day/night of a concert.