Author Topic: Advice for seeing U2 live  (Read 3470 times)

Offline colofan

• Babyface
Re: Advice for seeing U2 live
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 10:24:38 AM »
Absolutely, it is vital that you come in a good mood ready to meet and swap stories!  The best concerts I've been to have been U2, not just because they're U2, but because of the comraderie between the fans (only Springsteen comes close, IMHO).  Enjoy the Bono look-alikes, share food, water, umbrellas and music (I guess it will be ipods and speakers this time 'round) while you're waiting in the GA line.  DON'T scalp your tickets.  If you can't go, trade forums will be there and you can swap or sell to another genuine fan.  And for god's sake, please don't be one of those loser posers like in that commercial for Citibank with Nickleback, who push up from the nosebleed cheapseats to my seat and get in front of me (I'm only 5'1"!)

BTW, not all the early shows on each tour were bad, and there is something genuine about watching them feel through the material, instead of being cookie-cutter like a well-rehearsed jukebox. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 10:26:17 AM by colofan »

Offline highway190

• Refugee
  • Not telling you where the J Tree is.
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 12:35:57 PM »
1. Don't sit down.
2. Don't watch the show through your freaking phone.
3. No one wants to see you make-out.

Offline i_heartU2

• Stateless
  • It's a beautiful day....
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 10:37:19 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
1. Catch them at the start of the tour. The setlist is more varied and Bono's voice is stronger.

2. Get tickets to multiple shows in different parts of the venue. I've been up front, but some of my favorite shows were somewhere in the stands.

3. Be a little fanatical, attend pre- and post-show parties. By a t-shirt.

4. Learn to play the guitar. You never know.

5. Avoid scalpers. I got great seats through the official tour provider. Yeah, I paid $150 for GA tickets, but they were easy to get and came with a pre-show party.

6. Avoic scalpers, pt. 2. Join U2.com. For all the complaints about the site, I've always landed decent seats through membership.
will I still be able to get tickets w/o joining U2.com?

Offline latindrummer2112

• Refugee
  • my gig review blog ->latindrummer.wordpress.com
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 11:14:12 AM »
Yes there's always ways to get tickets without having to be a member. I went to 4 Vertigo shows in California without being a U2.com member and without ticketmaster, and I still payed close to face value :)

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2009, 02:53:22 PM »
Don't focus your attention on taking pics the whole show, just take a few and enjoy the show. 

Chat with the fans in line you'll find out a lot of them are real nice and cool. 

Plan on standing a long time in GA, wear some comfortable shows. 

In my opinion the band doesn't get the whole set list right during the first couple of shows. Try to catch the shows at the end of the leg or when they come back.  They started mixing up the setlists during the end of the first leg on Vertigo and brought back some other songs during the third leg.