Author Topic: Rome city/venue details  (Read 928 times)

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
Rome city/venue details
« on: January 10, 2017, 09:01:29 PM »
If you have questions that are specific to this city or venue, please ask them in here and other forum members will do their best to help. This is a great place to share information about places to stay or eat, as well as how different venues are handling the GA lineup -- things like that.

If you have general tour-related questions, please use the main TOURS board. If you're looking to buy/sell/trade tickets at face value, please use the Tickets Buy/Sell/Trade board.

Offline keaton

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: Rome city/venue details
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 03:44:42 AM »
Can someone please post a picture of the seat plan?

Offline therossman

• Wanderer
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 09:42:02 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

@U2 Tours event page:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

U2.com event page:

Olympic Stadium on Google Maps:

Offline david

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 06:56:23 PM »
Any tips here as regards accomodation that will be convenient for getting to the show but also for a bit of sight seeing?

Anyone else travelling from Ireland to this?

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 02:15:17 AM »
Rome looks big and dense but all the historical sights are close together or a short bus ride away.There are hundreds of buses but I've always walked everywhere when I've been to Rome.It's a bit chaotic getting to the Roma Termini metro station from the airport but grab a Terravision bus from Ciampino or a Trenitalia train from Fiumincino.There are plenty of Rome apps to help with directions, transport etc. Good luck!

I booked a hotel near the Spanish Steps and got a great deal booked through the Manchester Airport web site.I won't be spending that much time in the hotel so I went for basic.It was less expensive to spend three days in Rome than one night in Dublin.I can't wait  ;D

Offline david

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 12:51:42 PM »
Rome looks big and dense but all the historical sights are close together or a short bus ride away.There are hundreds of buses but I've always walked everywhere when I've been to Rome.It's a bit chaotic getting to the Roma Termini metro station from the airport but grab a Terravision bus from Ciampino or a Trenitalia train from Fiumincino.There are plenty of Rome apps to help with directions, transport etc. Good luck!

I booked a hotel near the Spanish Steps and got a great deal booked through the Manchester Airport web site.I won't be spending that much time in the hotel so I went for basic.It was less expensive to spend three days in Rome than one night in Dublin.I can't wait  ;D
[/quote

Me neither! Thank you for the info :)

Offline david

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 01:16:12 PM »

This is probably a silly question so forgive me, but for someone who doesn't travel abroad all that much, is it easy enough to get about? Would most folk speak English or would it be worth my while getting a few Italian lessons? (again, apologies if I sound foolish)

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 11:00:47 PM »
Don't worry too much about the language.A lot of signs are also in English and menu's, bus stops and museums often have English translations underneath.

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 01:15:38 PM »
Just received an e-mail from Ticket.One that my Rome U2 Joshua Tree 2017 tickets are on the way  :D

I had to use Babelfish to translate some of the e-mail, which was another black mark against TicketOne, but I can still track the progress in the link in the e-mail.

Offline david

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2017, 06:51:36 PM »
Just received an e-mail from Ticket.One that my Rome U2 Joshua Tree 2017 tickets are on the way  :D

I had to use Babelfish to translate some of the e-mail, which was another black mark against TicketOne, but I can still track the progress in the link in the e-mail.

Same here! Starting to feel real now. Thinking of taking a day trip to Pompeii the day after the concert. Don't suppose you have done this?

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2017, 02:04:03 AM »
Yes, I've been to Pompeii.It's an extraordinary place and the guided tours are fascinating.It's definitely worth a visit just to see how the Romans lived in 79AD.Some of the frescos in Pompeii are very well preserved.Also, if you can, take the tour that includes Vesuvius in the trip.It's a 20 minute climb to the top of the carter but it's definitely worth the effort!

I'm thinking of going to Orvieto for the day.It's only an hour from Rome and it has a beautiful 14th Century Cathedral and wonderful views of the Umbrian countryside.There is a tower in Orvieto that has wonderful views of Umbria but the elevator only goes to the second floor and then you have to climb 200 steps to get to the top.I just might do that  :D 

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 09:45:29 AM »
I have my Rome tickets!!  8)

Rome 2010.My sis took this photo:visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

No, China didn't buy the Colosseum.There was a state visit by the Chinese PM, I think  :)

Offline david

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 12:34:58 AM »
Wow, looks amazing.

Got my tickets too! :)

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 11:10:29 AM »
Glad to got your tickets, too  :D

Now that I have the tickets I can focus on enjoying Rome.I haven't been to Rome in the summer for years so I'm going to make the most of the sunshine---and my favourite Italian wines, one of which is called LaCryma Christi.It's really worth trying  :)

Offline emell

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2017, 03:36:50 AM »
Does anybody know if there are shuttlebuses from the city center to Olimpico for the concert??