Author Topic: Rome city/venue details  (Read 991 times)

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
Re: Rome city/venue details
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2017, 11:23:14 AM »
Does anybody know if there are shuttlebuses from the city center to Olimpico for the concert?

There were no shuttle buses to the U2 concert in 2010 but there was the Metro.Take the A train to Ottaviano then get the 32 bus to the Stadio Olympico.It's only a short walk to the stadium from the bus stop.In 2010 my sister and I walked back to our hotel as the transport stopped before the concert ended.That was in October 2010 so it was pitch black, but we had a map, we found the nearest bridge and walked to the city centre.I didn't have a smartphone back then but my sis & I walk everywhere as we don't drive, so we always memorise where we're going and how to get from A-B, but, if in doubt, ask.Italians are very, very helpful and they will drop everything to assist if you need help.The Moovit app is very useful if you're not sure which route to take.Also, there will be 80,000 people going in the same direction--so it might be very pleasant to walk if it's not too hot.The walk will take 2hrs at a stroll but it's very enjoyable.My sis & I can't wait.Two weeks to go ;D

Offline david

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2017, 07:03:17 AM »
Any fan gatherings before the concert?

Offline u2lloydy

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Rome curfew
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2017, 08:55:15 AM »
Hello,

Does anyone know the start time and curfew time of the Rome show this Saturday please?

Thanks,

U2lloydy

Offline Sido

• Babyface
  • I wanna reach out and touch the flame
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2017, 12:29:31 PM »
Any news about GA line for Rome?

Offline david

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2017, 03:08:27 PM »
How did ye get on in Rome?

I was at the first concert and thought it was amazing. The Italian fans are so much younger and more energetic than they are in Ireland. The transport in and out of the stadium left a bit to be desired though. There were no additional buses put on which meant lots of people simply had to get taxis. In the metro station there were no staff around and the machines would only take coins and spat out notes. Eventually I had to 'swap' a 5 euro note for two euro coins just to get a ticket. There were no manned ticket outlets or security present. It was just a bit of a downer on what was otherwise a great night and weekend in a beautiful city.

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2017, 01:28:02 AM »
I was a bit nervous about getting to the stadium as it's been 7yrs since I last visited Rome, but I decided to walk to and from the Olympic Stadium as it was too chaotic & too hot to get on the metro.I went from the Spanish Steps, along Via Condotti, crossed the Ponte Cavour bridge then followed the river directly to the stadium.I started off early and took my time so I had an enjoyable stroll in the sunshine.The walk back was a lot faster as I had the U2 vibe rushing through my veins---I think I made it back to the Spanish Steps in just over an hour  :D

'Elevation' was very loud and I absolutely love that song--it's pure fun and everyone just tries to be as loud as possible!

Can't wait for Dublin!