Author Topic: London city/venue details  (Read 1064 times)

Offline Canadanne

• Numb
  • The Devil has all the best tunes...
Re: London city/venue details
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2017, 12:19:52 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Does anyone know where the GA queue is likely to be? Also, what places are there to get food & drink? Are there many places to go and grab stuff to have in the line?

There were two GA queues last time (Gate F and Gate H). I was at Gate H both days and the queue was in a gravel car park. Bring something to sit on!!

There's a Tesco nearby if you need to go and buy snacks.

That was the Tesco that sold out of anything cold  :P

We bought ice lollies! Which melted within about 5 seconds...

You obviously got there before me as the freezer and fridge sections were totally bare.  Had to go to a pub instead.

We went as soon as it opened. And I just refilled my water bottle from the hosepipe after that.

Offline joeyanne

• Babyface
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2017, 02:55:01 AM »
Does anyone know where the GA queue is likely to be? Also, what places are there to get food & drink? Are there many places to go and grab stuff to have in the line?

No idea about queues but will be very obvious on the day...

As for rest these are handy guides...

Thanks for the link. I'm guessing that any vendors won't be there all day if they are there. I'll make sure I have plenty with me and hope it's not too hot.

Offline joeyanne

• Babyface
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2017, 02:57:16 AM »

There were two GA queues last time (Gate F and Gate H). I was at Gate H both days and the queue was in a gravel car park. Bring something to sit on!!

You obviously got there before me as the freezer and fridge sections were totally bare.  Had to go to a pub instead.

We went as soon as it opened. And I just refilled my water bottle from the hosepipe after that.

wow hopefully they will be better prepared with stock this time. Whats the usual starting time for the GA queue? At the O2 9am was pretty close to the start and I got a good barrier spot but I'm guessing with so many more people in a stadium that it will be earlier.

Offline UnknownCaller98

• Numb
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2017, 05:26:42 AM »

wow hopefully they will be better prepared with stock this time. Whats the usual starting time for the GA queue? At the O2 9am was pretty close to the start and I got a good barrier spot but I'm guessing with so many more people in a stadium that it will be earlier.
At the O2 I got there at 2pm and could've got the rail on the catwalk or 2nd row anywhere else. As these shows are at the weekend I would imagine the queue will be much longer before the show.

Offline UnknownCaller98

• Numb
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2017, 05:27:45 AM »
Does anyone know what time the show will finish or if there is a curfew for Twickenham on a Saturday?
I believe it is at 22:30

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2017, 09:59:12 AM »

At the O2 I got there at 2pm and could've got the rail on the catwalk or 2nd row anywhere else. As these shows are at the weekend I would imagine the queue will be much longer before the show.

I turned up at 7pm and was in the 4th row in front of the main stage, but was pushed into the 2nd row by the time they'd finished Gloria.  The queues were relatively short as it was a weeknight plus there were only about 3,000 standing tickets.  It'll obviously be much more in a stadium. 

I do think it's a pity this isn't Wembley Stadium as that was where the original TJT London stadium shows took place.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2017, 04:28:40 PM »

I turned up at 7pm and was in the 4th row in front of the main stage, but was pushed into the 2nd row by the time they'd finished Gloria.  The queues were relatively short as it was a weeknight plus there were only about 3,000 standing tickets.  It'll obviously be much more in a stadium. 

I do think it's a pity this isn't Wembley Stadium as that was where the original TJT London stadium shows took place.

for me twickenham is a better stadium for music...stands steeper and closer to pitch

Offline Terminel

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2017, 03:36:25 PM »
I know Twickenham quite well due to the rugby but am a complete virgin when it comes to concerts let alone a U2 concert.  My friends and I will be in the GA area and will be aiming to be a little back from the stage, perhaps 4 rows or so.  Having done some research, the plan is to arrive and start queing from around midday, do you think this is realistic?

Also, is a rucksack a good idea or will it be a complete nightmare during the concert?

Joeyanne mentioned something to sit on - do you just throw it in the bin as you go in?

Is there any other eticate I should be aware of?

Thank you in advance :)

Offline Gavin82

• Stateless
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2017, 03:24:54 PM »
Yeah i doubt ull want a deck chair around you when it kicks off....!!!!!! LOLS

Offline 73October

• Stateless
  • A hurricane being born
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2017, 12:21:32 PM »
To everyone coming on the 8th & 9th July

We will not be beaten by terrorism.  We are #strongerthanfear

Twickenham is already reviewing security ahead of a rugby match this coming weekend.

Offline UnknownCaller98

• Numb
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2017, 02:57:31 PM »
I'd expect airport style security introduced here.

Offline Sameold

• Babyface
  • DONT USE TOUTS-IF YOU GET STUNG, DONT COME CRYING
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2017, 04:56:21 AM »
A few of us have GA tickets for this. Some 'Gate D' (fan sale), others 'Gate C' (public sale).

Do you think one gate has been set aside for fan sale entry or is it pretty much 50/50?

Can any more data points be provided?

Thanks.