Author Topic: London city/venue details  (Read 2851 times)

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
Re: London city/venue details
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2017, 08:32:30 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
A few of us have GA tickets for this. Some 'Gate D' (fan sale), others 'Gate C' (public sale).

Do you think one gate has been set aside for fan sale entry or is it pretty much 50/50?

Can any more data points be provided?

Thanks.

Hoping Gate D are allowed in first.   I am assuming the stage is at the south end of the stadium, so Gate D is at the other end of the stadium from the stage, nearest to the main road.  Gate C is on the other side of the stadium from the main road, but is actually nearer to the stage.

Can't see this happening.  I don't think staff at Twickenham will organise the entry system to allow a particular gate to open earlier as fan club members are queuing there.

Offline jen0107

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2017, 06:14:05 AM »
Anyone have an idea what time to start queuing to get relatively close to the front?!

I can't see on my tickets when the gates open?

Offline shesarainbow

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • With a guitar ... on fire.
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2017, 09:47:29 PM »
I have a GA ticket bought in the public sale and it is for Gate D ... so I guess it must be random.

A few of us have GA tickets for this. Some 'Gate D' (fan sale), others 'Gate C' (public sale).

Do you think one gate has been set aside for fan sale entry or is it pretty much 50/50?

Thanks.

Offline joeyanne

• Babyface
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2017, 04:05:23 AM »

Thanks.

Hoping Gate D are allowed in first.   I am assuming the stage is at the south end of the stadium, so Gate D is at the other end of the stadium from the stage, nearest to the main road.  Gate C is on the other side of the stadium from the main road, but is actually nearer to the stage.

Can't see this happening.  I don't think staff at Twickenham will organise the entry system to allow a particular gate to open earlier as fan club members are queuing there.

Looking at the map of the stadium, it seems that gate C actually leads to the opposite corner of the pitch from gate D so although it looks closer to the stage it's actually no real difference (2 & 3 on the info pdf).

Offline 73October

• Party Girl/Boy
  • A hurricane being born
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2017, 01:17:39 PM »
Anyone have an idea what time to start queuing to get relatively close to the front?!

I can't see on my tickets when the gates open?

Gates open at 6.00pm.

Offline Jswallow

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2017, 01:28:10 PM »
Just received this by emaivisitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Offline boccis

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2017, 03:44:41 AM »
Hello, I received that too. I downloaded the guide, and I have a (somewhat silly) question: when they say no bags, do they mean large bags/backpacks? Does anyone know whether a small backpack (10 liters) would be allowed?

Offline Pammy

• Stateless
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2017, 04:01:27 AM »
Just received this by emaivisitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I haven`t received this. Is there a link to download the guide?

Offline boccis

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2017, 06:10:07 AM »

I haven`t received this. Is there a link to download the guide?

You can find it here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline shesarainbow

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • With a guitar ... on fire.
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2017, 08:22:21 AM »
Not a silly question at all ... I thought the same thing.

It does say 'please avoid' rather than definitely not being allowed. I suspect it's to save time on entry when having to check them for security reasons.

I shall risk taking a small bag but I suppose the only way to know for certain would be to ring the venue.

Hello, I received that too. I downloaded the guide, and I have a (somewhat silly) question: when they say no bags, do they mean large bags/backpacks? Does anyone know whether a small backpack (10 liters) would be allowed?

Offline 73October

• Party Girl/Boy
  • A hurricane being born
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2017, 12:20:40 PM »
Not a silly question at all ... I thought the same thing.

It does say 'please avoid' rather than definitely not being allowed. I suspect it's to save time on entry when having to check them for security reasons.

I shall risk taking a small bag but I suppose the only way to know for certain would be to ring the venue.

Given recent events in the UK - particularly Manchester - I think there will additional security arrangements.  The whole bag issue needs clarifying in the light of recent events.  Either the venue needs to publish clearer guidelines or, like some of the US dates, clarification is posted on U2.com.  Personally, I am thinking of a small handbag for just essentials.  I am prepared to buy stuff such as food and drink if it makes security screening smoother for everyone's sake. 
Personally, I am just grateful for the people that will be there ensuring everyone's safety.  It's their job and they should be shown gratitude for what they do - whatever organisation they represent on the 2 days.

Offline joeyanne

• Babyface
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2017, 02:04:11 AM »
I think security will be very tight so I'm not taking a bag. I've got trousers with zipped pockets big enough to take a small wallet and phone which is all I really need. I'll probably take some food & water for the ga queue but in a carrier bag which I'll bin before I go in.

LFaulkon

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2017, 06:25:47 PM »
I'm hoping to get to Twickers fairly early to queue - anyone else planning on booking parking and doing the same? I'm concerned they won't let me park until later in the afternoon and I'll be stuck. Any advice/previous experiences welcome!

Offline olimar

• Stateless
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2017, 07:41:38 PM »
Are ticket sales allowed on this forum? I have 2 for Sunday 9th at Twickenham that Id rather sell to a fan (face value obvs)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2017, 01:06:18 AM »
Are ticket sales allowed on this forum? I have 2 for Sunday 9th at Twickenham that Id rather sell to a fan (face value obvs)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Here you go...