Author Topic: Cleveland city/venue details  (Read 735 times)

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
Cleveland city/venue details
« on: January 10, 2017, 09:02:35 PM »
If you have questions that are specific to this city or venue, please ask them in here and other forum members will do their best to help. This is a great place to share information about places to stay or eat, as well as how different venues are handling the GA lineup -- things like that.

If you have general tour-related questions, please use the main TOURS board. If you're looking to buy/sell/trade tickets at face value, please use the Tickets Buy/Sell/Trade board.

Offline therossman

• Wanderer
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
Re: Cleveland city/venue details
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 07:48:16 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

FirstEnergy Stadium U2 seating map:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

FirstEnergy Stadium U2 event page:

FirstEnergy Stadium parking page:

@U2 Tours event page:

U2.com event page:

FirstEnergy Stadium on Google Maps:
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 06:13:09 PM by therossman »

Offline U2 Spartan

• Babyface
  • The rich stay healthy, the sick stay poor.
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 08:01:58 PM »
Have my tickets and hotel for Cleveland...quick question.  I bought 4 thru the Red Hill resale...need to get two more for the rest of my family.  Should be no issue buying on Monday, correct?  This is in regards to TM cancelling tickets on the last tour.

Thanks!

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 08:48:02 PM »
Have my tickets and hotel for Cleveland...quick question.  I bought 4 thru the Red Hill resale...need to get two more for the rest of my family.  Should be no issue buying on Monday, correct?  This is in regards to TM cancelling tickets on the last tour.

Thanks!

Yeah, you shouldn't have an issue buying them through the regular sale once that begins. I think the per person ticket limit is 6 when tickets are officially on sale.

Also nice to see a fellow Spartans fan here!  :)

Offline dwaltman

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 12:56:24 PM »

Thanks!

TM says specifically that 4 presale limit + 6 general sale limit for a total of 10.  So you are good to go.  Some venues have unlimited tickets after first day of general public sale but I don't recall if that included Cleveland.

Offline dwaltman

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 01:00:14 PM »
Besides the RRHOF, what else would native Clevelanders recommend for day time fun on day of show.  Any cool areas to explore for eating/drinking, shopping?  Worthwhile neighborhood districts? Waterfront activities? Off the beaten track unusual?  Art?

Offline U2 Spartan

• Babyface
  • The rich stay healthy, the sick stay poor.
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 06:03:27 AM »

Thanks!

Yeah, you shouldn't have an issue buying them through the regular sale once that begins. I think the per person ticket limit is 6 when tickets are officially on sale.

Also nice to see a fellow Spartans fan here!  :)

Thanks...and Go Green!

Offline laurab3

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 10:49:14 AM »
Heading to Cleveland from Atlanta. I'm also interested in suggestions for restaurants, bars, etc. General admission here, so any tips regarding that venue are appreciated! Curious about where the GA line will form as well as where the artist entrance is to the venue. I got autographs from Bono and Adam on my vinyl last tour in Boston and hope to get Edge and Larry to sign this time around!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 09:11:40 AM by laurab3 »

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Back to back champions!
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 02:05:23 PM »
Definitely following this thread for advice on nearby restaurants, etc. I don't recall much being by there or the Rock Hall but I could be wrong.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 09:33:05 PM »
Definitely following this thread for advice on nearby restaurants, etc. I don't recall much being by there or the Rock Hall but I could be wrong.

They've got plenty of restaurants just outside the city as well as plenty in it. We have a post-concert/Rock Hall tradition of stopping at Steak n Shake (one about 15 minutes away from the Hall).

Any locals have suggestions for nearby hotels? I'd like to put something on hold (even though I was shut out ticket-wise...but that's another story). Fingers crossed I'll be able to find tickets on the forum closer to the date of the show.

Not a local, but I booked two nights at the Cleveland Clinic Holiday Inn. Very nice hotel and very reasonable, less than 10 minutes away from the stadium. I think I got it for around $130 per night which is great considering how close it is to the stadium. You can book it for even cheaper than that if you're willing to pay up front now.

Heading to Cleveland from Atlanta. I'm also interested in suggestions for restaurants, bars, etc. General admission here, so any tips regarding that venue are appreciated! Curious about where the GA line will form as well as where the artist entrance is to the venue. I got autographs from Bono and Adam on my vinyl last tour in Boston and hope to get Edge and Larry to sign this time around!

No clue on this yet either. I know several other artists have played there in recent years, so I feel like their entrance would be the same as U2's. So if we can find that out (from fans who attended those concerts or perhaps from the venue workers) we should be good. I've never met them but perhaps it'll work out in Cleveland.

Offline Kmama07

• Numb
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 03:12:47 AM »
Thanks tigerfan41 !

Offline laurab3

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2017, 07:47:11 AM »
So excited for this show! Any news about the GA line for Cleveland?

Offline Cavsfan

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2017, 12:42:24 PM »
I happened to be below the stadium yesterday.......U2 signs everywhere, wardrobe, quiet, band rooms, Pink signs everywhere....getting closer !!

I would assume the band would enter underground parking like players do.....

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Numb
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2017, 02:08:57 PM »
ON what side is the underground parking?

Offline ljencik

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2017, 07:23:28 PM »
Bit of a long shot, but figured it was worth asking. Having just secured tickets, I'm now trying to figure out travel to Cleveland. I'm visiting DC this week and am planning to head straight up to Cleveland on Friday. Is there anyone in the DC area driving to Cleveland that would be willing to carpool? PM me if you are and are interested!

Also, if this post should go elsewhere on here, please advise :D