Author Topic: E. Rutherford city/venue details  (Read 710 times)

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
E. Rutherford city/venue details
« on: January 10, 2017, 09:02:56 PM »
If you have questions that are specific to this city or venue, please ask them in here and other forum members will do their best to help. This is a great place to share information about places to stay or eat, as well as how different venues are handling the GA lineup -- things like that.

If you have general tour-related questions, please use the main TOURS board. If you're looking to buy/sell/trade tickets at face value, please use the Tickets Buy/Sell/Trade board.

Offline therossman

• Wanderer
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
Re: E. Rutherford city/venue details
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 07:42:41 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

MetLife Stadium U2 seating map:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

MetLife Stadium U2 event page:

MetLife Stadium parking page:

MetLife Stadium public transportation page:

@U2 Tours event page:

U2.com event page:

MetLife Stadium on Google Maps:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 10:56:58 AM by therossman »

Offline littlewilson

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 08:36:35 PM »
Anyone know what the "Field Seating" ticket category is all about?   Priced the same as GA Floor ($70), but listed separately on TM without a corresponding spot on the seating map.

Offline lhuber17

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 09:17:25 AM »
I got two tickets for the Red Zone GA. Tickets are labeled simply as REDZNE. I have only done GA once before, in 2015 at MSG, where I followed the waiting online, getting the number, etc. process.

My question is: Is there a separate line for Red Zone or should I be on the regular GA line? I know the Red Zone is a separate section, but I wanted to know if I should be getting on the GA line early or if there's a separate Red Zone line.

Thank you! Looking forward to meeting some of you.
Laura

Offline AchtungPop

• Staring at the Sun
  • Walk On
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 06:07:16 PM »
Anyone know what the "Field Seating" ticket category is all about?   Priced the same as GA Floor ($70), but listed separately on TM without a corresponding spot on the seating map.

Yeah I was wondering that too, but now that section is gone. I wonder if it was a mistake? Someone said all GA are usually standing only at U2.

Also - anyone have trouble getting Concourse 1? I've seen tickets in every section except that one.

Offline conlonm1

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 01:49:55 PM »
Would anybody know if the view from a seat in section 126 is likely to obstructed by the mixing board area?

I bought a ticket in the presale thinking it would be a great view as its bang right in the center on the lower concourse. I didn't factor in that anything would be in front of it other than fans on the field and the stage.

Now I'm second guessing. Not sure where else the sound guys would go other than at the back and in the center.

The ticket didn't say obstructed view but it was only $70, which is cheaper than seats in 123 that I saw, which I thought would not be as good a view as its off to the side.

Anybody have experience at previous gigs that could maybe put mind at ease?

Offline acrobat62

• Elevated
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 01:54:49 PM »
Would anybody know if the view from a seat in section 126 is likely to obstructed by the mixing board area?

I bought a ticket in the presale thinking it would be a great view as its bang right in the center on the lower concourse. I didn't factor in that anything would be in front of it other than fans on the field and the stage.

Now I'm second guessing. Not sure where else the sound guys would go other than at the back and in the center.

The ticket didn't say obstructed view but it was only $70, which is cheaper than seats in 123 that I saw, which I thought would not be as good a view as its off to the side.

Anybody have experience at previous gigs that could maybe put mind at ease?

This might give you a basic idea of what to expect.

Offline conlonm1

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 02:50:09 PM »
Thanks acrobat.

Yeah the basic image of the concert set up has an area marked for the mix area right in front of 126.

Found this pic from a 360 show at Metlife that shows a pretty big set up in front of that area.

Offline stellina

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 11:30:56 AM »
What are the chances of getting 4 GA floor seats at Met Life on Monday?  Were most sold at presale?

We are 4 people in our late 40s/early 50s.  How early do we need to get to the stadium to line up to be in the 10-20th rows? (I know there are no rows per se)  Is the floor one big mass of people or does it get separated by a barricade at some point?

Trying to decide if it's practical for us to get GA or get assigned seats.  I'm a pretty tough cookie and have waited in the past (for other bands)  so I know it can be an ordeal, just wondering what u2's GA is like.

Thanks so much in advance!!

Offline Philaboy1971

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 04:27:09 PM »
GA is usually open standing except for the red zone. You can stand anywhere you can get to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Philaboy1971

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 04:29:25 PM »
I'm 45 and my feet hurt, but there's nothing like being on the floor at an stadium or arena concert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline magnolia61

• Babyface
  • "Rise up, you'll run and not grow weary"
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2017, 01:20:24 PM »
Can anyone confirm that the East Rutherford GA tickets are indeed paperless? I am planning to trade 4xGA Berlin for the 2nd NY night and this would be the first time I would swap for paperless tickets and have to deal with borrowing the CC or so :-|
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 04:26:33 AM by magnolia61 »

Offline mmcallahan

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2017, 06:58:23 PM »
I was just reading about the Vancouver process for GA lines -- showing up days prior to the show to get your number in line, then coming back 2x a day to check in, and then final check in at 6 am show day.   Is there a similar plan for MetLife Stadium???  This is my first GA at MetLife Stadium and I was planning on getting there around noon to line up for a good spot.    I work in Manhattan and live about 40 minutes from the Meadowlands....  I can't even imagine how I'd be able to check in 2x a day.    Ack - decided I'd finally try GA for my 35th show and now it sounds like a headache in the making.    ::)   Or - am I just being a drama queen and getting worked up over nothing? 

Offline AchtungPop

• Staring at the Sun
  • Walk On
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2017, 10:30:19 PM »
A bit worried. Have tix for Sec 124, have never been to a stadium concert. Will it be hard to see from across the way like that?

Offline afg

• Babyface
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2017, 06:38:39 AM »
Nope.  I saw one show there on the 360 tour.  Some of the best seats with a full view of the stage/screen.  If you are too low and there is an obstruction they will move you up higher.  They did that for us.