Author Topic: Toronto city/venue details  (Read 1148 times)

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
Toronto city/venue details
« on: January 10, 2017, 09:03:35 PM »
If you have questions that are specific to this city or venue, please ask them in here and other forum members will do their best to help. This is a great place to share information about places to stay or eat, as well as how different venues are handling the GA lineup -- things like that.

If you have general tour-related questions, please use the main TOURS board. If you're looking to buy/sell/trade tickets at face value, please use the Tickets Buy/Sell/Trade board.

Offline therossman

• Wanderer
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
Re: Toronto city/venue details
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 07:18:03 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Rogers Centre U2 seating map:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Rogers Centre page:

Rogers Centre parking page:

Rogers Centre public transportation page:

@U2 Tours event page:

U2.com event page:

Rogers Centre on Google Maps:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 10:32:43 AM by therossman »

Offline dwaltman

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 12:54:29 PM »
I've been to Toronto a bunch of times and looking for something new to do the day of the show.  In the past we've been to Toronto Island, explored the Distillery District, done the CN Tower, Queen St. and Eaton Center shopping, some new waterfront restaurants.  Will be with college-age children as well.  Any recommendations are welcome. 

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • Toronto, Detroit, Cleveland, Buffalo
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 01:19:26 PM »
Check out Ontario Science Centre, Hockey Hall of Fame or a Mirvish production.

Offline dwaltman

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 10:01:32 AM »

Thanks! We've done the OSC. Not a big hockey fan although it still might be cool.  I think we are looking to be outside more than inside weather permitting.

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 07:34:45 PM »

The poorer cousin to SXSW is held the week of the U2 concert. I have seen some great bands such as The Flaming Lips and The Stooges in a public square for free.

Pride Toronto is also happening that month.

Offline dwaltman

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 05:54:19 PM »

The poorer cousin to SXSW is held the week of the U2 concert. I have seen some great bands such as The Flaming Lips and The Stooges in a public square for free.

Pride Toronto is also happening that month.

This seems worth keeping an eye on the details.

Offline fez333

• Babyface
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 07:37:35 PM »

Thanks! We've done the OSC. Not a big hockey fan although it still might be cool.  I think we are looking to be outside more than inside weather permitting.
Even if you're not a big hockey fan, it's still neat to see all the history, gives you a glimpse of the good times. 

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 10:49:45 AM »
Some updated gigs around the Rogers Center:

U2brothr & friends will be playing...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 10:51:35 AM by miryclay »

Offline zooropa19

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2017, 10:06:19 AM »
Does anyone know how the GA line is run at Rogers Centre? There are 2 gates for GA entry, so does this mean 2 lineups? I've never been to a concert there. Had seats in Chicago for 360 and missed I+E altogether, so I'm excited to see the band again and would love to get rail!

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 03:23:01 PM »
Rogers Centre should be posting info soon.

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2017, 04:45:29 PM »
I got an email with info regarding my red zone package and in it also said that Lumineers will start at 7:30 and U2 at 9:10. 
With a 9:10 start, are we going to get a shorter show than it already is from the 2 hours they are currently playing? 
U2 hardly if ever goes past 11:00.  So that would be 1hour and 50 minutes which would probably be 19-20 songs? 

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2017, 05:33:44 AM »
AT the end of the day the band determine how much they play. I wouldn't put too much thought into it.

Offline therossman

• Wanderer
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2017, 06:23:26 PM »
ICYMI... via You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

SHOW SCHEDULE:
 5:00 p.m. - GATES OPEN
 7:30 p.m. - Support Act: The Lumineers
 11:00 p.m. - Show ends
NOTE: Times subject to change.
CREDIT CARD ENTRY PROCEDURE:
Guests who purchased tickets with Credit Card Entry (GA Floor or Fan Club) please note:
 The card used to buy your ticket is your ticket. If you no longer have the credit card used to purchase your tickets, contact Ticketmaster immediately: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
 All of your party must be present at entry. Everyone must enter together.
 Present the credit card used to purchase your tickets along with once piece of photo ID.
 For additional info, visit: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

GATE DESIGNATIONS:
    General Admission Floor Tickets
    Gates 6 & 10
      Southeast and Southwest side off Bremner Blvd.
    Level 100 Ticket holders:
 Gates 5 & 11
  Southeast and southwest sides off Bremner Blvd.
   Level 200 Ticket holders:
    Gates 4 & 12
      Northeast and northwest sides off Front St.
    Level 500 Ticket holders:
 Gates 1, 2, 14, & 15
   Suite Ticket holders:
  Gates 3 & 13
   VIP 1:
    West Jet Flight Deck
      Located beside Gate 1
    RED ZONE:
 Gate 8
  South side off Bremner Blvd.
   Accessible Access:
    Gate 7
     South side off Bremner Blvd.

VENUE ENTRY POLICY:
Please be advised of our security measures. All fans entering Rogers Centre will be required to pass through a metal detector before having their ticket scanned. To avoid delays please be prepared to remove cell phones, keys, or any metal objects from your person and place them in the bin before passing through the detectors. Shoes, coins, watches, and belts may remain on your person. Soft-sided bags no larger than 16” x 16” x 8”, including diaper bags, small backpacks and small purses, are permitted, but discouraged, and are subject to an inspection by our security personnel upon entry. Note: there are no in / out privileges.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
Please be advised there is strobe lighting during the show.
Due to high decibel levels, we recommend all guests bring ear plugs to the show. Limited quantities will be available for purchase at select merchandise locations throughout the venue.
GETTING TO THE SHOW:
With over 50,000 fans set to descend upon Rogers Centre and with enhanced security entry procedures for safety and credit card entry processing, we recommend you allow yourself extra time to enter the stadium.
Public transit will be your best option to/from Rogers Centre. For driving and public transit directions please click here. Limited underground parking is available off Bremner Blvd. across from Gate 8.
Please click here for Toronto road closures and construction.
RESTRICTIONS:
Professional cameras (3” lens or larger) and video/audio devices are not permitted. Please also be advised of the following prohibited items: selfie sticks, weapons, fireworks, air horns, glass bottles, cans, hard plastic containers or other potential projectiles, balloons, beach balls, Frisbees, laser pens, large umbrellas, musical instruments, pets, bulk foods, flashlights, and anything deemed inadmissible by security. Upon entry into the stadium, you will be subject to a search. For safety of our guests, we request you do not stand on your seat during the performance.
FAN ASSIST PROGRAM:
Guests are invited to make use of the Rogers Centre Fan Assist Program if they have any questions. For assistance, please text 647-503-4131 and include your question, section, row and seat number.

ALCOHOL POLICY:
Guests may not bring or leave Rogers Centre with alcohol. Alcoholic beverages can only be purchased from authorized vendors once inside the facility. Upon purchase, all guests will be asked to provide proof of age for each transaction. Guests may have no more than two alcoholic beverages in their possession at any time (subject to change). Please enjoy responsibly.
SMOKING POLICY:
Rogers Centre is a non-smoking facility. We do not permit in/out privileges.
TD COMFORT CLUBHOUSE PRE-SHOW DINNER:
Arrive early, relax, and enjoy a delicious buffet in the TD Comfort Clubhouse available from gate opening until the end of intermission. Located on Level 200, the TD Comfort Clubhouse offers outstanding pre-show viewing of the show stage and features a wide selection of salads, pasta, carved meats, irresistible desserts and more.
Price is $55.00 plus applicable taxes. Reservations are required and can be made by calling Danielle Fortin at 416-341-2307 or by email You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.
“The Joshua Tree Tour 2017” concert ticket is required for entry to the TD Comfort Clubhouse. Entrance is accessible via Gates 4 and 12 on Level 200.
    MERCHANDISE:
There will be a variety of “The Joshua Tree Tour 2017” merchandise available at both exterior and interior locations around the stadium:

Exterior Locations:
1:00 p.m. until approximately 9:00 pm:  Gates 2 and 6A
*Weather permitting
Interior Locations:
5:00 p.m. until end of show as follows:
 Field Level in front of Visitor’s Dugout
 Level 100 at Sections 113, 117, 121 ,127 and 130;
 Level 200 at Sections 213, 220, 227 and 235;
 Level 500 at Sections 515, 518, 525, 530, and 538.
Acceptable forms of payment include cash, debit, and credit.
FOOD & BEVERAGE: MAKE IT A GREAT NIGHT!
Plan for a full concert experience, arrive early and enjoy the pre-show amenities.
SOCIAL AREAS:
Muddy York Market BAR sections 108-112 (Gates 5-6)
Featuring full service BACARDI bar, MILL STREET, Budweiser BEER WALL, E+J GALLO Premium Wine Cart, THE KEG Caesar Cart
KING CLUB at section 121 featuring beer, wine, spirits
12 BAR at section 215 (Gate 4) featuring beer, wine, spirits
BACARDI AT THE PARK (Gate 12) at section 232 featuring beer, wine, spirits TD CLUB PATIO level 200, great outdoor bar before the show.
Featuring two 30 foot glass BEER WALLS on Level 500 at sections 513 and 537 MILL STREET and STELLA available on levels 100, 200 and 500
WINE, SPIRITS and BEER available throughout the venue on all levels including the field. Please note guests accessing the field will be required to have their drinks poured into plastic cups
GREAT CONCERT FOOD:
PIZZA NOVA sections 109 Muddy York, 115, 123 Queen Street, 215 #12KITCHEN, 233, 508, 523
TORONTO STREET EATS section 134 featuring “street food”: Chicken & Waffles on a Stick, Hand Crafted Mini Donuts, Hand Battered Fish & Chips, The Churro “Dessert” Poutine and the

sinfully delicious Buffalo Cauliflower “Poutine”
FOUR ONE SIX section 511 features 6 unique fully loaded frites or dogs celebrating Toronto’s Neighbourhoods.
CHICKEN TENDERS and FRIES are available on all levels
No visit is complete without having an order of our most popular nachos – BIG SMOKE JERK CHICKEN NACHOS available at all Queen Street locations, maybe add a FOOTLONG Hot Dog as well from the Garrison Creek Flat Grill, located on all levels.
POPCORN, CANDIES and ICE CREAM available throughout the stadium.
For this show, there are food restrictions on the field turf. Please adhere to the posted signage.
ADDITIONAL INFO:
DIETARY CONCERNS: Our staff are able to accommodate dietary requests, such as gluten free at Muddy York Market, section 109
RECYCLING: Recycling bins are available throughout the stadium. Your WINE GLASS is yours to keep and reuse at home or at the cottage
PAYMENTS: Debit, Credit and E-Cash is accepted all permanent points of sale. Mobile beer carts and vendors are cash only. ATM’s are available on all levels.
BANK MACHINES:
TD bank machines are available throughout the venue for your convenience. They are located on Level 100 at Sections 106, 116, 120, 127, and 135; Level 200 at Sections 213, 223, and 236; and Level 500 at 516 and 530.
CELL PHONE CHARGING STATIONS:
For your convenience, we have Rogers cell phone charging stations located at all Guest Service locations on Level 100 at Sections 120 and 135; Level 200 at Sections 212 and 236; and Level 500 at Section 532.

Offline habs0nut

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2017, 06:09:14 AM »
So my finance and I are going to the show on Friday and I bought us a pair of GAs as that's the only way to see the band IMO.  This will be my 9th show and her 2nd.

I work a few blocks from Skydome and was leaving early on Friday anyways to go get in queue.  My finance however works in North York and won't be able to get down to the venue till late afternoon.  I'm hoping that her going me in the queue won't be an issue and I will explain it to those behind me in line ahead of time.

I do have a question though as I notice there are wristbands being handed out the morning of.  Shouldn't be a problem for me to run down that morning and grab one but how likely am I to get 2 if she's not with me?

Thanks!