Author Topic: Washington, DC city/venue details  (Read 1861 times)

Offline oviedo

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Washington, DC city/venue details
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2017, 11:42:17 AM »
Just to make sure I understand: Once we get the wristband at 8 a.m(ish), do we have to return at precisely noon? Or do we really have to be back in the 4 p.m. range?

Second question: If I am going with a friend, do we both have to show up at 8 a.m. or can one of us go and then the second person joins us in the pavilion between 12-4?

Thanks for the clarification. I really appreciate all the information/organization here. Go DC!!!

Offline evilgenius

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2017, 11:47:57 PM »
@natned @U240

I have just been informed that there ARE people queuing up for the D.C. show right now. However, this afternoon I spoke with the VP of Operations at FedEx Field, and he reiterated that fan-initiated numbering/queuing will not be honored by the venue. I'll look into this fan-initiated queue and update you with info as I get it.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 11:50:31 PM by evilgenius »

Offline achtung_cj

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2017, 12:02:02 AM »
Thanks so much for the information, evilgenius. Gives me a bit of hope that I might get a decent spot for this show without having to sit in the blazing heat all day or camping out.

Do keep us posted about that fan queue. I imagine those people probably don't know the full info in your post as this forum is the only place I've seen it posted.

I would like to second oviedo's question about return time. Is 12:00 a designated check-in time or just the time that the pavilion happens to open?

Offline U240

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2017, 04:33:33 AM »
Thanks for the info evil, now the big question, can this VP at FedEx prevent the security guard just giving in to the unofficial line early tomorrow morning? Not hopeful.

Offline natned

• Babyface
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2017, 06:08:25 AM »
@evilgenius: thanks very much for the parking info. It helps tremendously. Sounds like I'll be doing a lot of walking!

The appearance of an non-venue-sanctioned queue doesn't surprise me. I'm a little disappointed, as I thought I might have a shot at an excellent position without an insane wait, but the venue's plan did seem too civilized to be true.

The venue "giving in" to the unofficial line seems like a tricky issue to me. I am going to show up at 8am but I expect to find a group of 300+ people in a line waiting. Even if FedEx security tells them to disperse, at 8am they are going to self-assemble into their order and I'm not going to feel comfortable stepping in the line in front of someone who camped out overnight with the number 7 written on their hand -- regardless of whether venue security allows it. We're going to be spending 16 hours together and I don't want to be the jerk who disrespects their system.

Any chance the current queue is being updated on Twitter/Facebook?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 06:11:04 AM by natned »

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2017, 06:55:32 AM »
I don't have a dog in this fight, but am interested to see how it all shakes out. I can see both sides, and wonder if the venue is really going to be hard core about not recognizing the unofficial line and if so, how people will react. I mean, they have to know that is a possibility, but on the other hand, venues always say no early lines, but then usually work with them.

If they are going to be hard core, I would hope someone from the venue is communicating that to the people in line and telling them, we're serious about this. I would hate to see bad blood among the fans tomorrow morning, not a great way to start the day together. Glad I'm not in charge!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 07:03:36 AM by lorijane »

Offline natned

• Babyface
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2017, 08:39:41 AM »
FWIW, details for the fan-based DC line have been posted to Twitter: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2017, 08:58:40 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
@evilgenius: thanks very much for the parking info. It helps tremendously. Sounds like I'll be doing a lot of walking!

The appearance of an non-venue-sanctioned queue doesn't surprise me. I'm a little disappointed, as I thought I might have a shot at an excellent position without an insane wait, but the venue's plan did seem too civilized to be true.

The venue "giving in" to the unofficial line seems like a tricky issue to me. I am going to show up at 8am but I expect to find a group of 300+ people in a line waiting. Even if FedEx security tells them to disperse, at 8am they are going to self-assemble into their order and I'm not going to feel comfortable stepping in the line in front of someone who camped out overnight with the number 7 written on their hand -- regardless of whether venue security allows it. We're going to be spending 16 hours together and I don't want to be the jerk who disrespects their system.

Any chance the current queue is being updated on Twitter/Facebook?

Based on my very limited experience and on what I've seen posted, even if there are 300 people ahead of you, I think you'll get a good spot.

Offline natned

• Babyface
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2017, 09:30:39 AM »
Based on my very limited experience and on what I've seen posted, even if there are 300 people ahead of you, I think you'll get a good spot.

Thanks. I like hearing that. And I believe I'll get a good spot. I was hoping for an excellent spot. I've put all my eggs into this one concert -- even flew in the grandparents to watch our young kids so we could spend the whole day in line. The few times I've done GA I have been at the rail (albeit in the less popular sections of the rail), but that was a long time ago when waiting all day was enough. My husband's never seen them live so I wanted to give him the premium experience.

I roll my eyes at the people waiting outside for 48 hours but under different life circumstances I'd probably be there myself...

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2017, 09:58:13 AM »

Thanks. I like hearing that. And I believe I'll get a good spot. I was hoping for an excellent spot. I've put all my eggs into this one concert -- even flew in the grandparents to watch our young kids so we could spend the whole day in line. The few times I've done GA I have been at the rail (albeit in the less popular sections of the rail), but that was a long time ago when waiting all day was enough. My husband's never seen them live so I wanted to give him the premium experience.

I roll my eyes at the people waiting outside for 48 hours but under different life circumstances I'd probably be there myself...

Tree stage rail goes fast, but I know people who have gotten in line at 3 or 4 and gotten one or two rows back from tree rail. For Chicago 2 we got in line around 4 and could've gotten main stage rail in front of Adam, or red zone rail to the left of the tree stage, but decided on something more centrally located, still probably five or six rows from tree stage. You will have a great time, although sounds like the morning could be a cluster!

Offline natned

• Babyface
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2017, 10:09:33 AM »
Tree stage rail goes fast, but I know people who have gotten in line at 3 or 4 and gotten one or two rows back from tree rail. For Chicago 2 we got in line around 4 and could've gotten main stage rail in front of Adam, or red zone rail to the left of the tree stage, but decided on something more centrally located, still probably five or six rows from tree stage. You will have a great time, although sounds like the morning could be a cluster!

Awesome! I had to choose between DC and Philly for our one concert and I thought the DC crowd might be older and a bit less crazy about the line. It's unbelievable that there was rail open in front of Adam based on a 4pm arrival -- in Chicago, no less! That's actually the place I used to stand, although it was with lower stages in smaller venues.

I'm not expecting much hubbub tomorrow morning. I think the 8am-ers will just join at the end of the line that's already there (they have a check-in scheduled for 6am so I'm guessing people will just stay 6-8am to get their wristbands), mutter a bit under their breaths, and then make friends.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2017, 10:12:57 AM »

Awesome! I had to choose between DC and Philly for our one concert and I thought the DC crowd might be older and a bit less crazy about the line. It's unbelievable that there was rail open in front of Adam based on a 4pm arrival -- in Chicago, no less! That's actually the place I used to stand, although it was with lower stages in smaller venues.

I'm not expecting much hubbub tomorrow morning. I think the 8am-ers will just join at the end of the line that's already there (they have a check-in scheduled for 6am so I'm guessing people will just stay 6-8am to get their wristbands), mutter a bit under their breaths, and then make friends.

Good attitude! Interesting to see how closely the venue will adhere to the "fan line is null and void" stance.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2017, 11:00:24 AM »
Posted a few United ago on Facebook:

Update from DC...PLEASE RE-SHARE ON ALL MSG BOARDS!!

"We were just there. About 5-6 people were hanging out. Across from the Bud Light Pavilion. There is a sign. They are up to the high 80s now.

7-9 pm check-in tonight. If the venue asks them to go off-site tonight.... report to Planet Fitness!!!! (Much like we did at Starbucks in Pasadena)

Will let you know when we find out more tonight. Feel free to share/re-post. The more people who know, the less likely things will go wrong. "
Courtesy Shawn Bland

Offline achtung_cj

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2017, 11:04:35 AM »
Pretty furious that there is still a line despite venue's "null and void" policy, but can't say I'm particularly surprised. Shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.

Also, storms are supposed to hit the area during that check-in time so be careful if you're going to try and be there.

Offline natned

• Babyface
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2017, 11:10:46 AM »
Thank you!

Are you able to link to the Facebook page so that we can monitor updates ourselves? Partly masochism so I can watch the numbers go up, but I'm also curious to predict where things will stand tomorrow morning. For me this goes in the category of "major bummer." I agree -- shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.