Author Topic: Philadelphia city/venue details  (Read 1150 times)

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
Philadelphia city/venue details
« on: January 10, 2017, 09:04:20 PM »
If you have questions that are specific to this city or venue, please ask them in here and other forum members will do their best to help. This is a great place to share information about places to stay or eat, as well as how different venues are handling the GA lineup -- things like that.

If you have general tour-related questions, please use the main TOURS board. If you're looking to buy/sell/trade tickets at face value, please use the Tickets Buy/Sell/Trade board.

Offline mill4023

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Philadelphia city/venue details
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 10:27:18 PM »
Any thoughts on the best section to sit for the Philly show?
My wife can't stand the whole time, so we can't do GA or red zone.

I was looking at a couple of different venues. For some, like DC the seat map shows behind the stage greyed out, while others, like Philly, make it look like there will be seats behind the stage. Seems like behind the stage may be closer, but I'm not sure staring at the band member's backs would be a lot of fun. For I&E, we had reserved seats in the 7th row of the section almost directly to the side of the stage and they were great.

So I'm thinking somewhere in 121 to 124 or 135 to 138 for the Philly show.
What do you guys think?

Offline therossman

• Wanderer
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 07:04:12 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Lincoln Financial Field U2 seating map:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Lincoln Financial Field parking page:

Lincoln Financial Field public transportation page:

@U2 Tours event page:

U2.com event page:

Lincoln Financial Field on Google Maps:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 10:29:00 AM by therossman »

Offline u2bono269

• Babyface
  • @atU2 Tours Staffer
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 12:34:20 PM »
If anyone has any specific questions I'd be happy to answer them. I'm from Philadelphia and visit these stadiums for concerts and games frequently.

Offline YouGoOn

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 08:13:16 AM »
This will be my first time attending a concert in a stadium like this...what can I expect? I haven't decided if I'll drive or take a train into Philly. But, should I drive, would it be better to park at the stadium or a parking lot near the stadium? What would be a good time to arrive?

Offline RodneyBD

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 01:27:12 PM »
Does anyone know how GA access to the field works?  Are you free to come and go to visit the concessions in the concourse?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 12:15:25 PM by RodneyBD »

Offline u2bono269

• Babyface
  • @atU2 Tours Staffer
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 01:41:50 PM »
This will be my first time attending a concert in a stadium like this...what can I expect? I haven't decided if I'll drive or take a train into Philly. But, should I drive, would it be better to park at the stadium or a parking lot near the stadium? What would be a good time to arrive?

Where will you be taking the train in from? You'll have to switch to the subway to get to the Sports Complex. I'd drive and park. The lots aren't terrible and there's free street parking if you're willing to walk a little bit. The "tailgate" lot with the solar panels is usually easy to get out of, as is the parking lot where Veteran's Stadium used to be. There's even a "U-2" section in there :)

If you have seats, arrive about an hour before. For GA you'll probably want to arrive earlier. I'm planning on queueing for GA in the morning.

Offline u2bono269

• Babyface
  • @atU2 Tours Staffer
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 01:43:50 PM »
Does anyone know how GA access to the field works?  Are you free to come and go to visit the concessions in the concourse?

If it's like it was on 360, the queue will be in the "J" lot next to Derien street. At least that's how I remember it.

You'll be free to come and go, but be warned that it's a pain to get back. You can do it, but I avoid concessions and such unless I'm hanging out in the back of the field.

monopoly

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 01:51:55 PM »

If it's like it was on 360, the queue will be in the "J" lot next to Derien street. At least that's how I remember it.

You'll be free to come and go, but be warned that it's a pain to get back. You can do it, but I avoid concessions and such unless I'm hanging out in the back of the field.

After you claim your spot, make friends. I'd say you have about 20 minutes at most to get food or use the bathroom.

Offline jmacken7

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 08:50:20 AM »
What about parking when you are in GA? If the parking lots open at 1pm what is the best solution to parking nearby? Or take the subway into the area? I don't see any information online about being able to park in Lot J.

Offline Trsyankees

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2017, 04:37:52 AM »
Hey guys, I have the same question. Does anyone know of a parking lot close to the stadium that you can park overnight in to wait all day for GA?  :D Help is much appreciated

Offline jmacken7

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2017, 07:21:54 PM »
I emailed the group that owns the parking garage north of the stadium. They said they operate many of the parking lots around the sports area, and the cash parking lots will open around 8:30am. There is a baseball game, and the lots always open 5 hours ahead of baseball games. Those lots will stay open for the concert goers, and be open late. So I plan to get down there in the morning and park in one of those lots and head to the GA queue area.

Offline Trsyankees

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2017, 04:44:54 AM »
Awesome thanks for the info.. anyone know who is controlling the "unofficial" line for the show/when a meetup will be to get in the book?

Offline Niterpi

• Wanderer
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2017, 06:20:33 PM »
I got my number today -under the interstate! - anything going on tonight (night before the show)??

Offline stevev3

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2017, 08:41:20 AM »
Does anyone know if they actually ID'd anyone with a GA ticket? My friend has a business trip and offered me the Metlife tickets. He will give me his credit card which is the ticket. Ticketmaster and Metlife websites say "officially" that they will ID everyone. Is that even theoretically possible?