Author Topic: Pittsburgh city/venue details  (Read 875 times)

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
Pittsburgh city/venue details
« on: January 10, 2017, 09:05:07 PM »
If you have questions that are specific to this city or venue, please ask them in here and other forum members will do their best to help. This is a great place to share information about places to stay or eat, as well as how different venues are handling the GA lineup -- things like that.

If you have general tour-related questions, please use the main TOURS board. If you're looking to buy/sell/trade tickets at face value, please use the Tickets Buy/Sell/Trade board.

Offline therossman

• Wanderer
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
Re: Pittsburgh city/venue details
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 06:42:32 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Heinz Field U2 event page:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Heinz Field parking page:

@U2 event page:

U2.com event page:

Heinz Field on Google Maps:

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 09:33:36 PM »
Are yinz ready for U2?!

Offline yortch

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 09:37:57 AM »
Yes! Got 4 GA tickets today using my WIRES code, tried at exactly 9am

Offline U2Pride

• Deep In the Heart
  • There's no them, only us.
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 07:26:33 PM »
Are yinz ready for U2?!

Lets gooooo  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 08:07:17 PM »
Officially going to this one! Looks like there are quite a few tickets left for GA.

Offline mcnabb5

• Babyface
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 06:39:18 AM »
I'm getting the feeling that a lot of us from the Pittsburgh area will be doing both Pittsburgh and Cleveland. Easy trip to Cleveland. Can't wait for June 7. GA was very orderly for 360 at Heinz Field for 360 in 2011. No reason to expect anything else this time around.

Offline therossman

• Wanderer
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 03:55:17 PM »
ICYMI, the latest venue info via You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Here are the stadium policies for Wednesday’s U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017 show at Heinz Field.

Parking lots and box office windows open at 3 p.m. and gates open at 5 p.m.

The Lumineers are scheduled to take the stage at 7 p.m., followed by U2.

Tickets are still available for purchase through TicketMaster.

Fans who purchased paper-less tickets must bring the original credit card used to purchase the tickets as well as a valid ID with the same name as shown on the credit card. There are no exceptions to this rule. Fans who have lost their credit card or need to change the card on file should call TicketMaster at 1-800-653-8000 or visit TicketMaster.com/h/customer-service.html.

Fans with General Admission / Field tickets must enter through Gate 6 along Reedsdale Street.

The NFL’s Clear Bag Policy will be in effect for this show. Heinz Field encourages all fans NOT to bring a bag into events. If necessary, there are two options: a clear plastic bag the size of a 1 gallon Ziploc bag or a small hand held purse clutch. For more information on the bag policy, visit HenzField.com/bagpolicy.

Public parking is available to fans in the North Shore surface lots and garages, as well as parking garages downtown and Station Square. Fans parking downtown can utilize the North Shore Connector to get them to Heinz Field. Fans can use the either the Gateway or Wood Street station and the connector will transport them for free to the North Shore.

Heinz Field parking policies and code of conduct can be found at HeinzField.com/parking.

Full details regarding concert restrictions, gate entry, bag policies and more can be found in the Event Information Packet at HeinzField.com/U2.

Heinz Field management does not permit the following items to be brought into the stadium:

● Any type of non-clear bag exceeding 4.5” x 6.5” in size, including purses, handbags, camera or binocular cases, backpacks, fanny packs, diaper bags, briefcases, luggage and computer bags.

● Apparel or signage displaying profane or abusive language

● Alcoholic beverages

● Balls or inflatables of any kind

● Banners/signs on poles

● Cans, coolers of any type, glass bottles or thermoses

● iPads, tablets, Go Pro cameras

● Laser pointers

● Noisemakers

● Selfie Sticks

● Single purpose video cameras or still-photography cameras with a lens longer than 6”

● Srtollers or seat cushions

● Weapons/any item that may deemed to be a projective

● Any other item deemed dangerous or inappropriate

TRAFFIC ALERTS

Due to the I-279 construction project, HOV access at Mazeroski Way and Anderson Street is closed. Please follow the Scotland Avenue detour to North Avenue or use E. General Robinson Street to Madison Avenue.

Fans are encouraged to follow @HeinzField on Twitter for live traffic alerts pre- and post-concert.

Offline therossman

• Wanderer
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 03:57:10 PM »
Also, more info here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jabw10

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you know...
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 06:53:03 PM »
A group has announced this Tuesday night meetup at McFaddens You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 06:59:34 PM »
I'm getting the feeling that a lot of us from the Pittsburgh area will be doing both Pittsburgh and Cleveland. Easy trip to Cleveland. Can't wait for June 7. GA was very orderly for 360 at Heinz Field for 360 in 2011. No reason to expect anything else this time around.

Or if you're like me, you're in a state that U2 hasn't visited since 2011 and you're traveling 3-6 hours to see the band play in Pittsburgh and Cleveland.  ;)

Offline Kimberly236

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 08:49:09 PM »
Confused about the clear bag policy. Heinz Field website says a clear stadium bag under 12x12x6 is allowed under the clear bag policy. But the email says "The NFL’s Clear Bag Policy will be in effect for this show. Heinz Field encourages all fans NOT to bring a bag into events. If necessary, there are two options: a clear plastic bag the size of a 1 gallon Ziploc bag or a small hand held purse clutch. For more information on the bag policy, visit HenzField.com/bagpolicy."

So can I use my stadium bag, or can I only use a ziplock bag? Help!

Offline Allhorizonbomb

• Wanderer
  • Self proclaimed biggest U2 fan in New York State
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2017, 09:25:30 PM »

Or if you're like me, you're in a state that U2 hasn't visited since 2011 and you're traveling 3-6 hours to see the band play in Pittsburgh and Cleveland.  ;)

Same

Offline Kristinavox

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2017, 06:48:29 AM »
My hubby and I will be there! Thanks for all this great info!!

Offline Accident

Re: Official Pittsburgh Thread ** Spoilers** 7 June 2017
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2017, 04:49:16 PM »
We're traveling from out of state and staying at an airport hotel. Can any locals advise us what time we'll want to leave for the concert? Google maps says it's a 30 minute drive, but I'd appreciate input from anyone who actually knows how long it takes. We're taking Uber and we're regular seats, not GA. Thanks.