Author Topic: Chicago city/venue details  (Read 996 times)

Offline ultravioletlight

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Chicago, IL
Re: Chicago city/venue details
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2017, 12:08:45 PM »
As a Chicagoan, I will say this...
Getting in and out of Soldier Field is not a pleasant experience.

Offline miryclay

• Elevated
  • Dublin, Chicago 1, Toronto
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2017, 12:20:20 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hello Chicagoans:

I've visited Chicago, but haven't been to Soldier Field.  What's the best way to get to the stadium -- public transportation or parking?

I'll probably rent a car to get from the airport (probably Midway) to downtown area.

Thanks!

I took the subway from MDW to downtown Chicago and it was great. No issues. 45 mins strait ride that actually goes into the terminal.

Offline snailstampede

• Wanderer
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2017, 09:20:28 AM »
Does anyone have any experience using ParkWhiz in Chicago? They came up in my Googling since I didn't want to pay a base rate of $30 to park near the venue. I booked early enough that I got a pass from 3pm Saturday to 6am Sunday. Anybody have any experience using this service (good or bad)?

Offline macdaddywi

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2017, 10:09:52 AM »
No experience using ParkWhiz but I booked my parking through SpotHero last night - $15 (after $10 first-time user coupon "WINTER") for a spot about 5 blocks from Soldier Field from 10:30 a.m. Saturday through 9:00 a.m. Sunday.  A little better than paying $49 at the venue - means a couple more Guinnesses for me!

Offline snailstampede

• Wanderer
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2017, 01:18:33 PM »
No experience using ParkWhiz but I booked my parking through SpotHero last night - $15 (after $10 first-time user coupon "WINTER") for a spot about 5 blocks from Soldier Field from 10:30 a.m. Saturday through 9:00 a.m. Sunday.  A little better than paying $49 at the venue - means a couple more Guinnesses for me!

I saw decent reviews of both, so I decided to go with Parkwhiz this time. Have you used SpotHero before?

Offline aviastar

• Stateless
  • Cleared to flight level 340
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2017, 08:09:19 AM »
So I moved mountains, but I am excited to say that my wife and I will be at the 6/4 show at Soldier Field!  Didn't think I was going to be able to make this tour, but I am so glad...SO GLAD...that I can.  I was wondering if there were any Chicago atu2 meetups planned - anyone want to do dinner or anything?  Would love to meet some atu2 fans.

Offline macdaddywi

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2017, 09:42:56 AM »

I saw decent reviews of both, so I decided to go with Parkwhiz this time. Have you used SpotHero before?

I used SpotHero in 2015 when U2 played the United Center.  Downtown, covered, valet parking for $20, took the shuttle to the show.  No problems at all with SpotHero, would definitely recommend.

Offline GloriaUaBRS1985

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2017, 11:40:34 AM »
I've visited Chicago, but haven't been to Soldier Field.  What's the best way to get to the stadium -- public transportation or parking?

ok, first timer on a forum, please be kind. Check out rallybus.net I stumbled upon this site tearing my hair out trying to figure out the best transportation to Soldier Field for the June 3 concert, but you can get this bus to any of the U2 concerts in the US. You can pick the bus up from many locations. I picked the Kenosha/Milwaukee but - it needs 21 more people to actually go, so please sign up before April 19 - current price $40 now round trip, price on website says it will go up on the 19th. Then you can get a hotel way outside of Chicago.

Offline Rono

• Babyface
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2017, 01:17:26 PM »
So I moved mountains, but I am excited to say that my wife and I will be at the 6/4 show at Soldier Field!  Didn't think I was going to be able to make this tour, but I am so glad...SO GLAD...that I can.  I was wondering if there were any Chicago atu2 meetups planned - anyone want to do dinner or anything?  Would love to meet some atu2 fans.
Im travelling to the show from Dublin would be happy to do it!