Author Topic: Dallas city/venue details  (Read 1195 times)

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
Dallas city/venue details
« on: January 10, 2017, 09:05:55 PM »
If you have questions that are specific to this city or venue, please ask them in here and other forum members will do their best to help. This is a great place to share information about places to stay or eat, as well as how different venues are handling the GA lineup -- things like that.

If you have general tour-related questions, please use the main TOURS board. If you're looking to buy/sell/trade tickets at face value, please use the Tickets Buy/Sell/Trade board.

Offline therossman

• Wanderer
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
Re: Dallas city/venue details
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 05:33:55 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

AT&T Stadium U2 seating map:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

AT&T Stadium event page:

AT&T Stadium parking page:

@U2 Tours event page:

U2.com event page:

AT&T Stadium on Google Maps:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 05:36:47 PM by therossman »

Offline Caiaphas

• Wanderer
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 05:47:50 PM »
From what i recall parking is kind of an issue with this stadium,  best bet for people not in the area is to get a hotel nearby and take a shuttle (or walk) to the stadium rather than try to park in one of their 12k parking spaces.

Offline SecondCopy

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 10:14:03 PM »
Not from DFW but am from Texas.  Here's what I recall about parking from seeing the Rolling Stones in 2015:

Bought a parking pass with tickets (StubHub), Lot 15 (see map link above).  I think it was "only" $20 or $25.

I think I got to the lot about an hour before the gates opened.  I exited a few exits before the ones marked "Stadium" (I was coming from Fort Worth), and took city streets to the lot.  Drove right up, had my choice of spots, no issues.

Wasn't too far of a walk from Lot 15 to the stadium, and all of the crosswalks are manned by police.  LOTS of police.  But very helpful.

After the show, took our time exiting the stadium and returning to the lot.  Took about 15 minutes to exit and go about a block, but once we were past that first block there were NO problems with traffic.  Again, took city streets and got back on the freeway "away" from the stadium.

Hope this helps.

Offline radiumsoup

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 08:07:59 PM »
$45 at Ticketmaster right now...same exact parking at Stubhub is $65-75 depending on the lot. Offsite lots as low as $17 for a lot 1 mile away at parkwhiz.com, but only starts a few hours before gate. All-day parking not available anywhere but at the stadium it seems (I haven't done an exhaustive search yet, still waiting to hear back from a buddy who has season tickets to the Cowboys to see if he can hook me up or not)

Offline meklund

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 05:16:18 PM »
I'm from out of state, don't know the area at all. I want to stay 2 nights at a hotel and either walk or get a shuttle or something to the concert. Bonus if the hotel is walking distance from restaurants, shopping, etc.
Any suggestions?

Offline Thebeazley

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 12:54:32 PM »
Any info on line up times/place for GA?

Offline u2texan

• Babyface
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 07:10:08 PM »
Received an email from AT&T stadium today:

"we will allow people to get a number in line starting at 6:00 am the morning of the concert at the end of our West Plaza.  People can come and line up at 2:00 pm and their number in line will be held until 4:30 pm.  The stadium opens at 5:00 pm."

Still waiting on an answer about gates, and parking. 

Offline monopoly

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 08:17:32 PM »

"we will allow people to get a number in line starting at 6:00 am the morning of the concert at the end of our West Plaza.  People can come and line up at 2:00 pm and their number in line will be held until 4:30 pm.  The stadium opens at 5:00 pm."

So how will camping work?

Offline u2texan

• Babyface
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2017, 08:51:28 PM »
No camping I assume.   That's been their policy in the past.

Offline monopoly

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2017, 11:42:23 PM »
No camping I assume.   That's been their policy in the past.

But there's always camping! Usually the venue gives in

Offline u2texan

• Babyface
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2017, 09:11:29 AM »
Here's where the line will form: "The end of our West Plaza along North Collins."

Offline JohnMegadeth

• Babyface
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2017, 06:16:12 AM »
Free parking with cheap shuttle service!

J. Gilligan's Bar and Grill offers free parking with a cheap shuttle ride to and from AT&T Stadium. It's $9.00 per person for a round-trip wristband. Details are here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I called them last week and confirmed this as well.

Offline GPitt

• Babyface
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2017, 11:20:47 AM »

Does the stadium itself actually handle the number lines, then? If so I might make the trek out early to get a number! :)

Offline u2texan

• Babyface
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2017, 12:42:21 PM »
Each venue is different.  AT&T weren't clear if they were handling the numbering or letting fan club folks control the line.