Author Topic: Houston city/venue details  (Read 926 times)

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
Houston city/venue details
« on: January 10, 2017, 09:06:09 PM »
If you have questions that are specific to this city or venue, please ask them in here and other forum members will do their best to help. This is a great place to share information about places to stay or eat, as well as how different venues are handling the GA lineup -- things like that.

If you have general tour-related questions, please use the main TOURS board. If you're looking to buy/sell/trade tickets at face value, please use the Tickets Buy/Sell/Trade board.

Offline therossman

• Wanderer
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
Re: Houston city/venue details
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 05:23:57 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

NRG Stadium U2 seating map:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

NRG Stadium U2 event page:

NRG Stadium parking page:

NRG Stadium public transportation page:

@U2 Tours event page:

U2.com event page:

NRG Stadium on Google Maps:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 05:38:59 PM by therossman »

Offline therossman

• Wanderer
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 02:14:09 PM »
We have received updated venue info from NRG Stadium about U2's May 24th concert:

--------------------------------------
Please see the answers below:

Can fans camp out overnight? No, camping out overnight will not be permitted.
When can fans start lining up for general admission? One parking gate will open at 11am and Bud Light Plaza will open at 1pm for GA fans to begin lining up.
Where will the general admission entrance be located? GA guests will enter on the south side of the building. They will go through security in Bud Light Plaza and have their tickets scanned at either the Ford or Amegy Gates.
Is there a separate entrance for Red Zone ticket holders? No, Red Zone ticket holders will enter through the same entrance as general admission floor ticket holders.
What time will the parking lots open? 3:30pm, with the exception of the one gate at 11am for GA fans
What time will the gates to the venue open? 5:00pm
Is there a curfew in place for this event? No, there is not a required stop time for the concert, but we do expect the show to end around 11pm.

Regards,
NRG Park Guest Services

-------------------------------

Please be aware this info may change and to check with the NRG Stadium website, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or @NRGParkFan on Twitter. Please also see general venue info in an earlier post above.

-ross
My ATU2 Tours profile:

Offline therossman

• Wanderer
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 04:03:34 PM »
Updated info from NRG Stadium:

-------------

Just wanted to send you an update for clarification on the Red Zone entry. There will be a separate queue for Red Zone ticket holders but they will enter in through the Ford Gate as well as the GA fans.

Thank you!

Thank you!
NRG Park Guest Services

-------------

-ross
My ATU2 Tours profile:

Offline Texjes

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 01:28:09 PM »
I heard "super fans" start lining up off property the day/night before the show then convince the security guards to use the end of their line as the starting point for the GA line once they officially start allowing people to line up at the stadium.  Is that going to be allowed?  Call me crazy but I kinda prefer to sleep in my bed rather than a sleeping bag somewhere on Kirby outside the stadium.  If the parking lot opens at 11 why not make that a place to start an early line if any at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline therossman

• Wanderer
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 04:08:02 PM »
ICYMI... The latest from NRG Stadium:

We at NRG Park would like to make you aware of some updates made to the General Admission (GA) information previously distributed. The updated General Admission entry policy as well as a “Things to Know Before You Go” graphic is below.

General Admission Entry Policy:
-        We will not permit GA line formation overnight from Tuesday, May 23rd to Wednesday, May 24th. HPD will be patrolling outside the stadium to assure no lines are formed.
-        GA line formation may begin at 6:00am on Wednesday, May 24th outside Bud Light Plaza on the South Side of the Stadium.
-        Parking Gate 9 will open at 6:00am on Wednesday, May 24th to accommodate GA line formation. Parking is $20 per space with no in-and-out privileges. Only cash will be accepted as payment.
-        Bud Light Plaza will open at 2:30pm. Upon entry to Bud Light Plaza, our prohibited items policy will be enforced and any and all prohibited items must be returned to your vehicle. These items include but are not limited to outside food and beverage, coolers, folding chairs, and blankets.
-        No concert merchandise will be available in Bud Light Plaza.

-----
-ross
My ATU2 Tours profile:

Offline munzo

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 01:36:19 PM »
Just got this info through credible sources here, it seems there are a number of people lining up outside Gate 9 right now. Not sure if the Venue and HPD will allow them there long enough, but its quite possible they may reach an agreement. There is a chance the GA Line might be moved over to the Crown Plaza overnight, I will post more updates shortly.

Offline bgtees

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 06:19:44 PM »
Anyone know what time U2 should go on tonight?

Offline munzo

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 07:03:59 PM »
Anyone know what time U2 should go on tonight?

I read on a thread here that opening act is betwen 7-7:50, and U2 comes on around 9 PM.. So far, Lumineers were right on the clock..  visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk