Author Topic: San Francisco city/venue details  (Read 436 times)

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
San Francisco city/venue details
« on: January 10, 2017, 09:06:48 PM »
If you have questions that are specific to this city or venue, please ask them in here and other forum members will do their best to help. This is a great place to share information about places to stay or eat, as well as how different venues are handling the GA lineup -- things like that.

If you have general tour-related questions, please use the main TOURS board. If you're looking to buy/sell/trade tickets at face value, please use the Tickets Buy/Sell/Trade board.

Offline therossman

• Babyface
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
Re: San Francisco city/venue details
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 11:57:53 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Levi's Stadium U2 seating map:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Levi's Stadium U2 event Page:

Levi's Stadium parking info page:

Levi's Stadium public transportation page:

@U2 Tours event page:

U2.com event page:

Levi's Stadium on Google Maps:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 10:58:18 AM by therossman »

Offline coldrain85

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 11:28:38 PM »
I almost bought 49ers season tickets at this stadium and I know the area pretty well. A few quick things....

- The parking situation is brutal and the weekday makes it even worse. If you know you will be driving to the venue you will want to get a parking pass ASAP. As of January 12 I haven't seen them being sold yet. There are a couple on Stubhub, but don't bother.

- As soon as the show was announced the hotels closest to the venue filled up, but there are still a few within walking distance as of now.

- The stadium is in a good area. You are safe walking around no matter the time of day.

Light rail goes right by the stadium so mass transit is an option. If you don't have your parking situation figured out by the day of the show I suggest parking further away along the light rail line. You can't park in the neighborhoods near the stadium. There are signs posted and roadblocks in some places. It's not a good area for street parking and most of the local companies/businesses don't allow stadium parking. Below is a link with info about the light rail service.

Offline therossman

• Babyface
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 05:49:50 AM »
ICYMI...

Offline therossman

• Babyface
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 06:20:23 PM »
Just a heads up that the parking passes for Levi's stadium went on sale this week via Ticketmaster. If you are not familiar with the stadium, if you don't get into one of the main lots on event day, parking there can be a pain in the butt as you may end up having to park far away and walk a bit.

-ross
My @U2 Tours Profile:

Offline coldrain85

• Babyface
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 10:05:59 PM »
Just a heads up that the parking passes for Levi's stadium went on sale this week via Ticketmaster. If you are not familiar with the stadium, if you don't get into one of the main lots on event day, parking there can be a pain in the butt as you may end up having to park far away and walk a bit.

-ross
My @U2 Tours Profile:

I was just about to post the same thing. Parking passes in the Red 1 Lot (adjacent to the stadium + tailgating is allowed) just went on sale and they are available on Ticketmaster as of right now. They are about $55 including fees. I STRONGLY SUGGEST that you bend over and purchase one unless you plan on taking public transit. Parking at Levi's Stadium is EXTREMELY difficult if you show up blind without a pass already in hand.

- There is no street parking anywhere close to the stadium. However, if you don't mind walking 2+ miles I can give you some options.

- Don't even think about parking in the nearby neighborhoods. The streets get closed off on event days and the police are watching. Plus, many of the local neighbors are less than happy that they now live in the shadow of a stadium and they will not be cool with people parking in front of their house.

- I normally do everything that I can to avoid paying to park, but this is not a venue where you want to wing it thinking that you might get lucky. You won't.

Offline Hawkmoon2e

• Global Moderator
  • Running to Stand Still
  • Deserve's got nothin' to do with it
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 05:55:10 PM »

-ross
My @U2 Tours Profile:

TheRossMan is on it. Thanks for the txt man!

Offline ~Ultra*U2*Love~

• Numb
  • Blessings not just for the ones who kneel, luckily
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 10:37:23 AM »
I haven't used ticketmaster where you swipe your card to get your tickets, but in this case that was my only option when purchasing.  How does it work?  Are there kiosks outside the venue?

Thanks everyone for all the info!  We have gone to a few events and have taken the lightrail to the train.  Parking is quite a nightmare!!

Offline therossman

• Babyface
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 04:15:01 PM »
I haven't used ticketmaster where you swipe your card to get your tickets, but in this case that was my only option when purchasing.  How does it work?  Are there kiosks outside the venue?

Thanks everyone for all the info!  We have gone to a few events and have taken the lightrail to the train.  Parking is quite a nightmare!!

The ticket takers at the gates will have hand held devices that they will use to swipe your card.

-ross
My ATU2 Tours profile: