Author Topic: San Francisco city/venue details  (Read 1693 times)

Offline bswb97

• Babyface
Re: San Francisco city/venue details
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2017, 12:25:44 PM »
Anyone know how good/bad it is to actually get into the parking once you get off the highway? I know when they first opened the stadium, it was a bit of a nightmare but my friend said that at least for 49er games, they've figured it out better. Not sure how that applies to weekday concerts with early start times.

Offline therossman

• Wanderer
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2017, 02:43:21 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Anyone know how good/bad it is to actually get into the parking once you get off the highway? I know when they first opened the stadium, it was a bit of a nightmare but my friend said that at least for 49er games, they've figured it out better. Not sure how that applies to weekday concerts with early start times.

If you don't get into the stadium main parking lots, parking is a pain in the neck. You can purchase a parking pass for the stadium on ticketmaster, if they are not sold out. Please see earlier post in this thread for more info. If you don't get in the main lots, prepare for a walk.

-ross
My ATU2 Tours profile:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 09:05:03 PM by therossman »

Offline bswb97

• Babyface
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2017, 03:25:20 PM »
I did pre-pay for a pass (Red 1). I just wasn't sure how bad traffic gets funneling into the parking lot. The last time I went to a stadium show (the Coliseum for 360), I took BART so I didn't have to deal with traffic.

I live in Palo Alto, so it should take about 30 minutes in commute traffic to get from my house to the Great America Parkway exit. I'm just not sure what to expect from there. Earliest I can leave my house is 6-630ish, so I'm debating whether VTA Light Rail from Mt. View is actually faster at that point.

Offline ~Ultra*U2*Love~

• Numb
  • Blessings not just for the ones who kneel, luckily
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2017, 04:47:10 PM »
I talked to the ticket box office the other day.  I have to change my tickets to ADA, if they have any available.  Long story, when I got my tix a few days later I found out I'm pregnant.  I'm having twins and have a high risk situation and I can't stand for more than 30 min at a time, so GA is out for me!!  The woman was very nice and said they should be able to switch them no problem. 

She said all info should be available on the website by Wed this week, when gates open, etc.

And yes, 6:30pm start time is for the noise curfew, show will end at 10pm.

Offline ydchaney

• Stranger in a Strange Land
  • fan since freshman yr 1982
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2017, 01:29:15 PM »
latest from Levi's  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline therossman

• Wanderer
  • @U2 Tours Staff Member
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2017, 02:16:31 PM »
Updated e-mail sent today from Levi's Stadium:

(General Admission) GATE ENTRANCE
Please enter through Gate B at Levi’s® Stadium and bring the credit card used to purchase your tickets and a valid government issued photo ID to the venue.

CREDIT CARD ENTRY
Fans may begin lining up for entrance to the floor at 2pm; however, access to the floor will not be permitted until 5pm or at Levi's® Stadium discretion. Your entire group must be present for entry into the stadium.

Go directly to Gate B with your whole group, present your ID and swipe your credit card for entry. Please note, everyone within your group must be present for entry.

Levi's Stadium U2 Event FAQ:

-ross
My ATU2 Tours profile:

Offline ~Ultra*U2*Love~

• Numb
  • Blessings not just for the ones who kneel, luckily
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2017, 01:00:33 PM »

Please enter through Gate B at Levi’s® Stadium and bring the credit card used to purchase your tickets and a valid government issued photo ID to the venue.

CREDIT CARD ENTRY
Fans may begin lining up for entrance to the floor at 2pm; however, access to the floor will not be permitted until 5pm or at Levi's® Stadium discretion. Your entire group must be present for entry into the stadium.

Go directly to Gate B with your whole group, present your ID and swipe your credit card for entry. Please note, everyone within your group must be present for entry.

-ross
My ATU2 Tours profile:

I got Gate B too for GA.  I wonder if ALL GA is Gate B.  I hope not!!!!  I hope we don't have a Vancouver repeat.  Levi's has had several sold out concerts in the last year or so, Coldplay, Beyonce, Taylor Swift, plus the Super Bowl, so I'm thinking they are pretty good about crowd control.  But I've never been to an event there so I really can't be sure!

Offline ultraviolet lemon

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2017, 12:54:51 AM »
There is a special late night train on the Capitol Corridor for those who are coming from the Sacramento area.  Train leaves Santa Clara at 11:30.  Could be a long wait if the concert ends at 10:00 due to the curfew, but you won't have to drive or get stuck in traffic.

Offline coldrain85

• Babyface
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2017, 11:08:32 AM »
Red 1 parking lot is sold out.

Blue 1 parking lot is currently on sale through Ticketmaster. Same price as Red 1 ($40 + fees), but it's a 5 minute walk instead of adjacent to the stadium. Tailgating is permitted in Blue 1.

Offline coldrain85

• Babyface
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2017, 11:27:14 AM »
I got Gate B too for GA.  I wonder if ALL GA is Gate B.  I hope not!!!!  I hope we don't have a Vancouver repeat.  Levi's has had several sold out concerts in the last year or so, Coldplay, Beyonce, Taylor Swift, plus the Super Bowl, so I'm thinking they are pretty good about crowd control.  But I've never been to an event there so I really can't be sure!

Yes, All GA is Gate B. I have seen GA shows at this venue before and that's how it went. I was at the front of the line and they let us in earlier than scheduled so I don't know how unruly the line got later, but since this show is on a weekday I don't think the line will be too crazy at 5pm. The vast majority of people attending the show will be stuck in traffic at 5pm, or plan to arrive at 7pm or later due to work.

Offline Deroos

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2017, 10:19:50 PM »

CREDIT CARD ENTRY

-ross
My ATU2 Tours profile:

So, this states we may line up from 2pm. But the parking lot (Red1) is only open from 2pm as well. Any chance the parking lot will be open earlier? Because we want to queue earlier than 2pm or is that imposssible? Please advise, anyone?

Offline RunningtoStandstill (The League of Extraordinary BonoPeople)

• Airborne Ranger
  • There is no end to love.
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2017, 10:42:10 PM »
Folks, I will be checking in at Levi Stadium tomorrow afternoon. I will update on what the GA line situation is as well as any other details.

Offline pmcarlson72

• The lines are long, there's no going back
Re: Official Santa Clara Thread ** Spoilers** 17 May 2017
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2017, 09:37:49 AM »
Does anyone know the Light Rail system in San Jose?  I'm thinking we'll get on near the Convention Center, there seem to be large park and ride lots.  Any thoughts?

Offline ydchaney

• fan since freshman yr 1982
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2017, 11:44:05 AM »
TicketMaster’s new anti-scalping strategy to blame for massive U2 lines: BC Place

hope that its much better tomorrow at Levi's

Offline jeremycusa

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2017, 12:54:45 PM »
Anyone know when to expect U2 will start after Mumford and Sons, given the 6.30 show time. Which is more likely - 8pm or 9. I can only get there for 9 and not sure if I should take the plunge on an expensive ticket if I'm going to miss some anyway