Author Topic: San Francisco city/venue details  (Read 2348 times)

Offline ~Ultra*U2*Love~

• Numb
  • Blessings not just for the ones who kneel, luckily
Re: San Francisco city/venue details
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2017, 04:43:37 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Updated e-mail sent today from Levi's Stadium:

(General Admission) GATE ENTRANCE
Please enter through Gate B at Levi’s® Stadium and bring the credit card used to purchase your tickets and a valid government issued photo ID to the venue.

CREDIT CARD ENTRY
Fans may begin lining up for entrance to the floor at 2pm; however, access to the floor will not be permitted until 5pm or at Levi's® Stadium discretion. Your entire group must be present for entry into the stadium.

Go directly to Gate B with your whole group, present your ID and swipe your credit card for entry. Please note, everyone within your group must be present for entry.

Levi's Stadium U2 Event FAQ:

-ross
My ATU2 Tours profile:

So, this states we may line up from 2pm. But the parking lot (Red1) is only open from 2pm as well. Any chance the parking lot will be open earlier? Because we want to queue earlier than 2pm or is that imposssible? Please advise, anyone?

I would think if it's not going to open earlier (probably due to no employees until 2pm), I'd take the lightrail if you want to queue earlier, that way you don't have to worry about a vehicle.  But that only works if you're coming from the south bay or peninsula.

Offline coldrain85

• Babyface
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2017, 06:52:12 PM »
Anyone know when to expect U2 will start after Mumford and Sons, given the 6.30 show time. Which is more likely - 8pm or 9. I can only get there for 9 and not sure if I should take the plunge on an expensive ticket if I'm going to miss some anyway

U2's set starts at 7:30pm. I have been hearing conflicting info about Mumford starting at 6pm and playing for one hour. If they start at 6:30 they will only play for 30 minutes.

The curfew at Levi's Stadium is 10pm. That's why the start time was moved up. If you can't get there until 9pm you will miss more than half of U2's set.

Offline ~Ultra*U2*Love~

• Numb
  • Blessings not just for the ones who kneel, luckily
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2017, 06:55:51 PM »
Anyone know when to expect U2 will start after Mumford and Sons, given the 6.30 show time. Which is more likely - 8pm or 9. I can only get there for 9 and not sure if I should take the plunge on an expensive ticket if I'm going to miss some anyway

U2's set starts at 7:30pm. I have been hearing conflicting info about Mumford starting at 6pm and playing for one hour. If they start at 6:30 they will only play for 30 minutes.

The curfew at Levi's Stadium is 10pm. That's why the start time was moved up. If you can't get there until 9pm you will miss more than half of U2's set.

I saw a comment on here that said Mumford 630pm for 45 min, U2 8pm.  They can't change the concert time to 6pm now that it's tomorrow and everyone has plans!

But yeah, come at 9 and you'll miss a lot.  Bummer.

Offline RunningtoStandstill (The League of Extraordinary BonoPeople)

• Airborne Ranger
  • There is no end to love.
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2017, 08:54:36 PM »
Reporting in from Levi Stadium!

As of 6 pm, there is currently no line on site or off site that I could find. Did not have a chance to talk to security, as they had all gone home for the day, but it does look like the lineup will occur at Gate B, which is right next to the Red parking lot directly outside the stadium. I will report back tomorrow when I go back to the stadium. Official lineup is at 2pm, but I would figure one would start offsite earlier. Parking and traffic in the area IS a hassle, especially after 4, so get here early! The area is not well suited to queuing or parking.

Offline monopoly

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2017, 09:17:08 PM »

As of 6 pm, there is currently no line on site or off site that I could find. Did not have a chance to talk to security, as they had all gone home for the day, but it does look like the lineup will occur at Gate B, which is right next to the Red parking lot directly outside the stadium. I will report back tomorrow when I go back to the stadium. Official lineup is at 2pm, but I would figure one would start offsite earlier. Parking and traffic in the area IS a hassle, especially after 4, so get here early! The area is not well suited to queuing or parking.

The line started this morning and is currently over 100

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2017, 09:34:15 PM »

Where exactly is it? I checked around the entire stadium, definitely didn't see 100 people.

Offline monopoly

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2017, 10:33:47 PM »

Where exactly is it? I checked around the entire stadium, definitely didn't see 100 people.

I think off site but don't know. Lots of pictures of numbered hands on instagram.

Offline monopoly

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2017, 10:42:41 PM »
Looks like on the side of a white bridge next to the stadium

Offline monopoly

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2017, 10:44:58 PM »
Can someone please explain to me why these people line up when the venue says no lining up until 2pm day of??? This happens at every venue, does the venue just say screw it and give in?? It's the same people at the front every single city

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2017, 10:56:32 PM »
quite frankly i have an issue with the line being formed someplace you can't find. i even asked the people around the stadium and nobody said it was there.

Offline coldrain85

• Babyface
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2017, 12:45:39 AM »
quite frankly i have an issue with the line being formed someplace you can't find. i even asked the people around the stadium and nobody said it was there.

That's because it's not really there. The line forms at Gate B when security starts letting people line up there. That's the only rule. The area around the stadium is vast and you can approach it on foot from just about every direction including the trail that runs along the creek. There could be an unofficial line somewhere, but people are going to approach from different directions and there is no fence or gate to stop them. The numbered hands are just someone's attempt to gain control of the front of the line before the fact. Regardless, if you get to Gate B first and security lets you stay there, guess what, you are the front of the line numbered hand or not.

I'm not really worried about it because the people who get in first are not going where I'm going. They will all go for rail and most of them won't end up in an ideal spot. Front rail is going to suck because the band will be behind you most of the time and you will be inside the massive screen so you won't be able to see much. Being on the rail at a show with a traditional stage can be great, but in my nearly 30 years of seeing U2 I have found that most of the rail spots are overrated for one reason or another. Sometimes they can be pretty awful. The catwalk rail was the worst place to be on the last tour because of that dropdown screen. People who were there couldn't see anything the whole time and had what amounted to a big wall in their face. With this stage setup on a field the best spots when it comes to visuals and sound won't be that hard to get. You will still need to get in line early- like when the lot opens, but there is no need to case the joint the day before with a sharpie and a number on your hand.

Offline ydchaney

• Stranger in a Strange Land
  • fan since freshman yr 1982
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2017, 09:47:13 AM »
:)

Offline monopoly

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2017, 10:41:52 AM »
275 people in line at 8 am. Venue handed out wristbands and told people they could come back later. (This is from interference). It'd be nice if venues would inform everyone about this.

Offline bayareafan

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2017, 03:14:21 PM »
Is the U2 start time still 7:30-8pm? Or later?

I ask because in another thread, it said U2 would just pay the curfew fine and play later?

Thank you for any latest info.

Offline bswb97

• Babyface
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2017, 06:31:21 PM »
Here's what we know:

Levi's officially says that Mumford will go on "as early as 6:30".
Vancouver/Seattle were both about 2 hour U2 sets.
Santa Clara is already pi**ed because they claim the stadium plans to blatantly ignore the 10 PM curfew:

So if you're stuck in traffic, try your best to get there early but I imagine U2 goes on at 8 at the earliest given that timeline.